CON policies failed miserably...what's changed?

Decepticon

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
In case I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the policies of DEREGULATION of business and industry that led to the financial meltdown of 2008? I mean, if the Commodities & Futures Modernization Act written by Swiss Banking Lobbyist and former Senator Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm (R) hadn't become law, the financial crisis could not have taken place, correct?
Is not deregulation the CORNERSTONE of Conservative political thought? Have they not fought to WEAKEN the Frank-Dodd act, which re-established SOME of the checks on the banks?

What about deficit spending? No only Bush, but heck, EVERY republican President in the last 30 years has run a budget deficit.

Spending? Spending now as a percentage of GDP is less than when Reagan was in office.

Foreign policy? A couple of trillion for Iraqi WMD's?

Jobs? Negative job growth during Bush's tenure.

Income Mobility? It's harder now than ANYTIME in this nation's history to move up the socio-economic ladder.

It's clear that conservatives have FAILED on the foreign policy front, the jobs front, the financial sector front and just about everything that concerns most Americans.

What have they changed in their policy stances? Virtually NOTHING.
So why should we put people in power that will enact policies that are PROVEN LOSERS?

If you have a conservative policy that hasn't been a failure, name it.

Conservative policies haven't been followed for a loooooong time. Just more liberal spending. If real cons ever get power you in the gimmie crowd are fucked.

In case I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the policies of DEREGULATION of business and industry that led to the financial meltdown of 2008? I mean, if the Commodities & Futures Modernization Act written by Swiss Banking Lobbyist and former Senator Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm (R) hadn't become law, the financial crisis could not have taken place, correct?
Is not deregulation the CORNERSTONE of Conservative political thought? Have they not fought to WEAKEN the Frank-Dodd act, which re-established SOME of the checks on the banks?

What about deficit spending? No only Bush, but heck, EVERY republican President in the last 30 years has run a budget deficit.

Spending? Spending now as a percentage of GDP is less than when Reagan was in office.

Foreign policy? A couple of trillion for Iraqi WMD's?

Jobs? Negative job growth during Bush's tenure.

Income Mobility? It's harder now than ANYTIME in this nation's history to move up the socio-economic ladder.

It's clear that conservatives have FAILED on the foreign policy front, the jobs front, the financial sector front and just about everything that concerns most Americans.

What have they changed in their policy stances? Virtually NOTHING.
So why should we put people in power that will enact policies that are PROVEN LOSERS?

If you have a conservative policy that hasn't been a failure, name it.

Yeah the artificially low interest rate imposed by government and mortgage guarantees had nothing to do with it right?

Conservative policies haven't been followed for a loooooong time. Just more liberal spending. If real cons ever get power you in the gimmie crowd are fucked.

They already did with Ronald W. Reagan and George W. Bush. And yes, we ALL got fucked. :ssex:

Nonsense. You got career politicians that were more interested in doing favors and having pockets lined. Didn't matter what party was in power numbnuts. Our system is corrupt and what few real cons are there have 0 power against the establishment. Liberals and moderates have run this country for decades.

R =/= conservative any more than D = big spender.

As partisan as I can be and even I can recognize this. Makes you really fuckin stupid or naive.

They already did with Ronald W. Reagan and George W. Bush. And yes, we ALL got fucked. :ssex:

Nonsense. You got career politicians that were more interested in doing favors and having pockets lined. Didn't matter what party was in power numbnuts. Our system is corrupt and what few real cons are there have 0 power against the establishment. Liberals and moderates have run this country for decades.

As partisan as I can be and even I can recognize this. Makes you really fuckin stupid or naive.

So, the Reagan revolution was in reality, impotent and flaccid?

Noted.

So, the Reagan revolution was in reality, impotent and flaccid?

Noted.

Nice projection hack.

So you're admitting you're a member of the gimmie crowd? but then, we already knew that.

How did you get "fucked?" Which government checks stopped coming?

Bush isn't a conservative, BTW

Forum List

Back