Computers Stolen From Boston ACORN Office

"Stolen" my ass... they were simply taken out of the building to avoid the inevitable subpoena...

Ooooh, I was waiting for someone to post such a stupid theory. Site and Willow avoided it, but you walked straight into it. Man, you are even dumber then they are. Congrats on that :clap2:

So, since you advanced that theory, riddle me this:

Why did they "steal" the computers and involved the FBI, instead of just...oh I don't know, taking them home? Or maybe just deleting information on them?

Why, while burglarizing themselves, they bothered to tear out internet and phone lines from the wall, vandalize the office, and leave it in shambles?

This should be fun. I'm expecting nothing less from you mental midgets than stories about full on liberal conspiracies. Bonus if you can implicate Obama, his wife, or his two legitimate black babies.

Why did they "steal" the computers and involved the FBI, instead of just...oh I don't know, taking them home? Or maybe just deleting information on them?
Well if they just "took them home" then someone would have to explain the loss of equipment without a break in. And,
You can "delete" all the info on your hard drive but did you know that the info is still there?
Simple.
Why, while burglarizing themselves, they bothered to tear out internet and phone lines from the wall, vandalize the office, and leave it in shambles?
My guess is the genius who did this thinks there is still information in the phone lines and wanted to get rid of it all. Just a guess.[/quote]

Why don't you riddle us this?:
"Why is ACORN being investigated in at least twelve states?

Well if they just "took them home" then someone would have to explain the loss of equipment without a break in.

Umm, explain it to who exactly?

And that doesn't explain the vandalizing of the entire office.

My guess is the genius who did this thinks there is still information in the phone lines and wanted to get rid of it all. Just a guess.

Umm, right. Thats even stupider than a conspiracy theory.

Why don't you riddle us this?:
"Why is ACORN being investigated in at least twelve states?

No idea. I don't have all the answers, but I do know that its pretty fucking obvious that ACORN didn't burglarize their own office.

Ooooh, I was waiting for someone to post such a stupid theory. Site and Willow avoided it, but you walked straight into it. Man, you are even dumber then they are. Congrats on that :clap2:

This should be fun. I'm expecting nothing less from you mental midgets than stories about full on liberal conspiracies. Bonus if you can implicate Obama, his wife, or his two legitimate black babies.

One never deletes information from a computer, one only thinks one does, but one dosen't.

One never deletes information from a computer, one only thinks one does, but one dosen't.

No answer to my question? I'm disappointed in you.

Although to be fair, you did make an incorrect statement, so kudos in that regard. Once the place where the data was stored is overwritten with something else, the original information is gone forever.

Last edited:
Although to be fair, you did make an incorrect statement, so kudos in that regard. Once the place where the data was stored is overwritten with something else, the original information is gone forever.
Once it's overwritten yes, but just deleted, no. Hence the removal of the computers.

Once it's overwritten yes, but just deleted, no. Hence the removal of the computers.

So these people somehow knew enough about computers to know that deleting it wouldn't make the information go away...but ripped the phone lines out of the wall because they thought the information was still in the lines?

Well thats...plausible....

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an explanation of why they reported the incident to the FBI.

yeah, and you would be so willing to wait for more details had it been a republican organization that was currently under investigation

right?

uh, WRONG
the data can still be retrieved even if over written
you can even run a program that writes all zeros to the disk and it can STILL be retrieved
if you knew anything at all about computers, you would know this

Umm, explain it to who exactly?

And that doesn't explain the vandalizing of the entire office.

Umm, right. Thats even stupider than a conspiracy theory.

No idea. I don't have all the answers, but I do know that its pretty fucking obvious that ACORN didn't burglarize their own office.

Well, then, it's a good thing you have a second job!:badgrin:

yeah, and you would be so willing to wait for more details had it been a republican organization that was currently under investigation

right?

If it was under investigation by an organization that has been used for partisan purposes in the past, 2 weeks before an election, had been investigated right before prior elections (and the charges found to be unfounded), and the investigation was leaked illegally?

Yes.

If it was under investigation by an organization that has been used for partisan purposes in the past, 2 weeks before an election, had been investigated right before prior elections (and the charges found to be unfounded), and the investigation was leaked illegally?

Yes.
LOL yeah sure you would

btw, if the charges were unfounded, why did ACORN get fined?

uh, WRONG
the data can still be retrieved even if over written
you can even run a program that writes all zeros to the disk and it can STILL be retrieved
if you knew anything at all about computers, you would know this

Data recovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When data has been physically overwritten on a hard disk it is generally assumed that the previous data is no longer possible to recover. In 1996, Peter Gutmann, a respected computer scientist, presented a paper that suggested overwritten data could be recovered through the use of Scanning transmission electron microscopy.[4] In 2001, he presented another paper on a similar topic.[5] Substantial criticism has followed, primarily dealing with the lack of any concrete examples of significant amounts of overwritten data being recovered.[6][7] To guard against this type of data recovery, he and Colin Plumb designed the Gutmann method, which is used by several disk scrubbing software packages.

Although Gutmann's theory may not be wrong, there's no practical evidence that overwritten data can be recovered. Moreover, there are good reasons to think that it cannot.[8]

Ouch. Wrong again. Man you are bad at this.

LOL yeah sure you would

btw, if the charges were unfounded, why did ACORN get fined?

They got fined for insufficient oversight, not because they engaged in any voter fraud.

ACORN has never been charged with fraud.

ROFLMNAO... GET SERIOUS! Are you people really this stupid?

Maybe its because if they had just done either, they would have been subject to charges and the near certainy of conviction on obstruction of justice; the obstruction charges would indicate guilt, the investigation would re-double its effort and even the lowest of all common denomintors would know that ACORN is a functioning member of the criminal syndicate that is the radical ideological left.

nope
because it CAN be recovered
again, if you knew anything about computers, you would know this
i do, and clearly YOU don't

btw, even the owner of Wiki says not to trust it

Data Removal and Erasure from Hard Disk Drives

It has been suggested that an electron microscope could be used to read and interpret any patterns that were not fully overwritten by the process. Theoretically this can be done - but in practice it is little more than a myth.

Is overwritten data really unrecoverable? | Computerworld Blogs

at best you would only be able to recover just a small sliver of the original sector.

Hmm. Who do I believe. Techie nerds on the internet, or DC, who has shown that he knows fuckall about any topic more complex than the weather.

Difficult difficult choice. Do feel free to cite sources backing up your opinion though.

Forum List

Back