Computer question.

It's not a good idea.

Modern CPUs run pretty hot.

What temp do you think it can safely run?

Computers these days have built in shut offs if the CPU starts running hot. Not a good idea to rely on that shut off too many times. Now I don't think 80 degrees on a home machine is that critical, I've run mine in much warmer conditions, numerous times, without incident.
If you're worried about it open the side panels and put a small fan up against it blowing air through it, you can always clean (vacuum) the computer out later.
I agree. 80 isn't all that critical. I've run a couple of systems in temps approaching 90.

However, if you are concerned, you can open the side panel and point a little desktop fan into the box to help with cooling.

Oh, and while you in there, vacuum out your dirty computer you slob!!!

LOL

People never do and dust is a bigger enemy to your computer than heat in some ways.
Yes I have had lap tops die. Now I just cut a hole and clean the crap out. No pretty but it does work...PS don't drill into the Mother board....Not a good thing.

It's not a good idea.

Computers these days have built in shut offs if the CPU starts running hot. Not a good idea to rely on that shut off too many times. Now I don't think 80 degrees on a home machine is that critical, I've run mine in much warmer conditions, numerous times, without incident.
If you're worried about it open the side panels and put a small fan up against it blowing air through it, you can always clean (vacuum) the computer out later.
I agree. 80 isn't all that critical. I've run a couple of systems in temps approaching 90.

However, if you are concerned, you can open the side panel and point a little desktop fan into the box to help with cooling.

LOL

People never do and dust is a bigger enemy to your computer than heat in some ways.
Yes I have had lap tops die. Now I just cut a hole and clean the crap out. No pretty but it does work...PS don't drill into the Mother board....Not a good thing.
Shit, too late. Now I have a memory leak.

Do modern desktop computers need the air conditioning like they used to? My AC is being replaced, and it will be in the 80s in this house for maybe two days.

Will I be without my desktop computer for that time?
No, you will be fine ant 80 deg F ambient. However, if you have a laptop that runs hot normally, then you
should get a laptop fan that plugs into one of your usb ports. If there are no more usb ports available, then you need a usb port extender. You can get 4 in to 1 units very cheap.

Do modern desktop computers need the air conditioning like they used to? My AC is being replaced, and it will be in the 80s in this house for maybe two days.

Will I be without my desktop computer for that time?

It's not a good idea.

70 is generally okay.

80 and above is asking for trouble.

Visit an office building with computers. They are pretty cool, temperature wise.

That isn't for the comfort of the people working there.

I work in a very hot manufacturing facility with no AC and dozens of PC's running 24/7 every day. Temps were over 90 degrees in the plant this week.

Computers are running fine.

It's not a good idea.

LOL

Shit, too late. Now I have a memory leak.
Pssst!
Most people call that urination......... :thup:

Forum List

Back