Computer Junkies??

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
got a computer junkie question for you guys... I wasnt sure if i should put this here or the computer section so any mod can move it if I chose wrong. :D

I found a website that has some awesome Avatars on it... I'm partial to the ones that move (.gif). Here's my problem...

I cant get the avatar's off that site. When I right click.. Properties.. and copy and paste a URL, it says the URL isnt found. When I click to Save As, it wont give me the option to save it as a gif, just bmp.

Any way I can get these things as gifs?

Ooops.... giving you the site might help. :rolleyes:

http://uselessgraphics.com/index.htm

girafe.gif

Works for me.

1. View the properties

2. Highlight the whole filename, path and all: "http://uselessgraphics.com/girafe.gif"

3. Copy it by right clicking, and then choose "copy".

4. Paste it where you need it. In some cases you need the "[ img] and [ /img]" surrounding it (minus the quotes and spaces).

Make sense?

You are trying for an avatar?

-Or are you just pasting into a post?

Originally posted by NewGuy
1. View the properties

2. Highlight the whole filename, path and all: "http://uselessgraphics.com/girafe.gif"

3. Copy it by right clicking, and then choose "copy".

4. Paste it where you need it. In some cases you need the "[ img] and [ /img]" surrounding it (minus the quotes and spaces).

Make sense?

I'm trying to change my avatars around...

I right clicked, clicked properties, highlighted teh filename, clicked copy and pasted in the avatar section... i get that the file isnt found. When i try to save it to my pictures, it automatically saves it as a bmp.
do i need the img /img in the avatar section as well?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
which one are you wanting lil?

I'm not quite sure which one I want to settle on, I liked this one in USA, it has the tear on the Eagle's eye... but when I went to play around, it wouldnt let me.

My suspicion is this:

1. It worked for me, and then the image disappeared.

2. Images are supposed to be in the appropriate place, as I am in discussion about that issue as we speak.

3. DK has a sense of humor and is gently trying to say: "put it in the proper forum".

:D

My suspicion is this:

1. It worked for me, and then the image disappeared.

2. Images are supposed to be in the appropriate place, as I am in discussion about that issue as we speak.

3. DK has a sense of humor and is gently trying to say: "put it in the proper forum".

:D

while I try to have a sense of humor, :p: , I was looking at some of the settings. My guess is that your firewall at work doesn't allow the images to show, OR, your browser settings at work won't allow it to show.

I think I will move it to the computer forums though.

Something to note:

IE security settings may be to high as to not allow images.

Something to note:

IE security settings may be to high as to not allow images.

I am about the most computer illiterate person on this board. So, this question may be a stupid one, but I'll ask anyway.

If the above is teh case, I can view certain .gifs. The avatar I just had was a flag waving, the one before that was a dancing penguin... it just seems to be from this guys page...

Forum List

Back