Computer Help

Its an old program for xp. It takes a minute to load after the desktop appears and it doesnt manage the hot corners and chams bar. startisback is written for Windows 8 with great care and offers all what Win7 does and even more. If you dont trust me for some strange reason, well, then stick with that pathetic classic shell. Sometimes, help isnt appreciated.
Why the hell do you do this? You bitched up a storm because I like the Linux features now you're giving this guy a hard time because he prefers to do things his way. Get with the program, we are not all just like you.
Its the other way round. You are a Linux hardliner.
As for the menu tools, why should one use a solution with limited benefits and even major disadvantages, when far better stuff is around? Thats not about opinion as you try to suggest. Noone who uses startisback would ever switch to classic shell because it is a true solution and not an poor improvement.
You're a liar and full of shit. I said mac or pcs work, used them both but I prefer Linux and said why. You got all offended and started crying about all the downsides to it, even though I know my life better than you do. What works best for people is the best thing to use. No one needs your approval.

Longknife, you need to get into a regular backup routine, maybe to a flash drive, so you don't have to worry about anything.
Dont bother others threads with your attempts to flame.
You flamed the OP you stupid cvnt.
I am not going to be disturbed by a clown when I try to help someone. Helping is one of the basic thoughts behind forums, not trolling. If I had my own forum, I would create a secret forum police that would make sure a troll can bother the forum only once.

I am not going to be disturbed by a clown when I try to help someone. Helping is one of the basic thoughts behind forums, not trolling. If I had my own forum, I would create a secret forum police that would make sure a troll can bother the forum only once.
When you're an asshole people will call you on it. Your comment was insulting. Maybe your arrogance has prevented this basic learning experience, something most of us learn by age 5.

When you're an asshole people will call you on it. Your comment was insulting. Maybe your arrogance has prevented this basic learning experience, something most of us learn by age 5.
YOU are insulting.

Longknife, you need to get into a regular backup routine, maybe to a flash drive, so you don't have to worry about anything.
I am doing exactly that! At least once a week.

I am continuing to have a problem ripping CDs to my system. I tried RealPlayer but, for some reason, it will not correctly import music on the flash drive from my Vista system. I get a message about Windows Media Player being corrupted - and some saying it isn't compatible with Win8 - but cannot find it in programs to remove it.
I've tried ripping music from the CDs I have and cannot figure out how to do that either.

Importing my photos went quite well.

This new keyboard is driving me nuts but I can't switch back to my old Logitech.

RealPlayerCloud, as I have learned, is only for saving videos to the cloud to retrieve later.

And now, I am sitting here slapping my forehead for not thinking sooner of what to do to copy CDs to my computer using Win8. It is so totally simple I cannot, for the life of my, understand why all those oh so helpful people over at the Dell Support Forum could not - or would not - give me an answer.

Go to This PC and simply clock on the CD RW Drive icon! It opens the drive, insert a CD, and the system quickly takes you to Windows Media Player. The program reads the CD and all I had to do was click on the Rip CD icon.

So easy it hurts.,

That still leaves a lot of MP3 files on my flash drive that I'd lock to recover but at least I've got a start.

Forum List

Back