Computer Has Become Extremely Slow All of a Sudden

Why should he when Avast is free, does a better job and is no where near the resource hog McAfee is by leaps and bounds.
The reason for re-installing McAfee is to get a better idea of what caused the problem. If after re-installing, the problem never reoccurs then the McAfee files were probably damaged due to some activity on the computer or a conflict with another application which is no longer occurring. If it does reoccur, then McAfee should be able to trace down the problem.

When removing an application seems to fix a problem, you may be just removing a symptom of the real problem. If possible, it's far better to trace down the problem.

If removing a program resolves the issue and it does not reoccur afterwards then the typical use doesn't give a damn.

File me under typical user . . . But thanks anyway, Flopster.

Actually, the problem was so disconerting that I don't even want to think about it happening again. It was so bad that I was almost unable to uninstall McAfee.

Am using Avast! now.

Good product, only problem is the yearly nag to renew, with the usual hard sell tactic to buy the paid version.

It only costs thirty bucks per year - hardly something that is going to put one out of business. And, considering the cost of fixing what could happen if you don't have it, it's well worth the price, seems to me.

Think of it kind of like a condom . . . :cool:

Forum List

Back