Compromise, what people don't seem to grasp

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
This country is unique compared to most countries in the world. We have so many different cultures, races, religions, etc and people with all kinds of different lifestyles and morals and wants and needs. As much as people want to bitch and moan that "I won't compromise my principles and morals" in this country, you must if its going to run and be fair to all. it seems one big thing people fail to realize, that what they consider right, others consider wrong. There needs to be compromises.

It's actually amazing the country runs as good as it does with all these different opinions in it. ANd its no wonder why there is constant bitching about the government, nothing that's ever done can please everybody. Some law or ruling will always have its opposition.

With our current political structure, compromise is out of the question.

With instant internet reporting and 24 hour cable news for each political spectrum any attempt to reach across the aisle and seek a middle ground is instantly and viciously attacked.

Win-win solutions are not sought because they allow the other side to win also.

Because some who see everything in black and white view compromise as failure.

How do you compromise with evil?

Seriously, if someone wants you dead, or wants to enslave you, how exactly do you compromise with that?

It's time for people to stop selling out their values and actually stand for something or they'll fall for anything.

• Banned

Seriously, if someone wants you dead, or wants to enslave you, how exactly do you compromise with that?

It's time for people to stop selling out their values and actually stand for something or they'll fall for anything.

:cuckoo:
example of the close minded person who sees the world as black and white.

What you consider evil, other's don't, which is the whole point of the thread.

Obamas policies need to be defeated not compromised with.

Did Luke compromise with ***** vader?

Some issues are black and white. Using the government to make people dependent. Using the government to attack people's jobs just because it will get you more power. Using the government to take by force more of the people's money so you can funnel it to your campaign contributers is evil.

Where are the compromises in any of these? If someone wants to kill you, how do you compromise? If someone wants you blindly following them, how do you compromise with that?

You like to pretend you're so open minded, but you are one of the most close minded people here.

• Banned

Some issues are black and white. Using the government to make people dependent. Using the government to attack people's jobs just because it will get you more power. Using the government to take by force more of the people's money so you can funnel it to your campaign contributers is evil.

Where are the compromises in any of these? If someone wants to kill you, how do you compromise? If someone wants you blindly following them, how do you compromise with that?

You like to pretend you're so open minded, but you are one of the most close minded people here.

again, coming from you, that means shit to me. You don't have a clue what open minded is, to you being open minded is believing things without any evidence or logic to support it :cuckoo:

Obamas policies need to be defeated not compromised with.

Did Luke compromise with ***** vader?

To use a more appropriate situation, how did Europe's compromise with Hitler work out?

yes, brilliant strawman response. WHat does anything today have to do with Hitler?

Sorry you are jealous that you weren't born with intelligence and the ability for rational thought

again, coming from you, that means shit to me. You don't have a clue what open minded is, to you being open minded is believing things without any evidence or logic to support it :cuckoo:

No. Being open minded means listening to everything and not dismissing it simply because you are ignorant about it. Being open minded means you recognize what you don't know and don't dismiss people simply because they believe something different. It's your attitude that determines it. And you can't be open minded and arrogant. You haven't figured that out yet.

yes, brilliant strawman response. WHat does anything today have to do with Hitler?

Sorry you are jealous that you weren't born with intelligence and the ability for rational thought

No straw man at all. We are talking about compromise.

Specific example of a compromise that didn't work out very well - Europe compromising with Hitler.

It's not my fault you can't even keep your own topic straight.

I suppose this is an example of how to compromise with the other side. :lol:

You have to understand that his definition of compromise is us giving up our values to agree with him.

Compromise, what people don't seem to grasp

Fortunately, we have one party rule for now, so compromise is unnecessary. I'm sure this makes many people happy.

well it sure isnt making him happy.

Funny thing about the left, they have all power and they are still unhappy about it because they know their so called power is a fraud.

No. Being open minded means listening to everything and not dismissing it simply because you are ignorant about it. Being open minded means you recognize what you don't know and don't dismiss people simply because they believe something different. It's your attitude that determines it. And you can't be open minded and arrogant. You haven't figured that out yet.

:lol:Sorry, open minded does not mean listening to complete and utter bullshit, that you know to be complete and utter bullshit. Sorry, belief has nothing to do with reality, now if you are talking about religion and god, you have no evidence, other than you claiming "i just know" or "i have personal experience". Provide real evidence and I"ll listen. Nothing open minded about "hey, they believe, so it must be real". Yet you don't seem to be open minded about all the lack of evidence and logic behind religion, as I'm assuming that's what you are talking about. Delusional and believing anything does not equal open minded.

And you have admitted you are not open minded. Nothing is black and white, yet you claim some things are. YOu claim how can you compromise with evil, but do you listen to the other side?
And you love to make shit up, I don't dismiss things because its different, I dismiss it because it's clearly either 1. complete fabricated bullshit, or 2. lacking any logic or 3. lacking any evidence or argument to support it. You just have nothing to support your claims and beliefs, that you just want to make up shit about the other person as your entire premise for your position, which is pretty pathetic.

Here, more proof of your close mindedness, other than the above admission:
I've never supported abortion. So that's not an issue for me. I've never murdered anyone.
Do you listen to the other side? Calling terminating a pregnancy of an embryo/fetus murder.
It is when someone is abusing a position of power to make you say yes.

You claiming Clinton raped people, yeah, real open minded

[

We simply dont like totalitarians like you telling us how we have to define our words and what outrageous behavior we have to accept. You condemn yourself when you ignore the counsel's of the Lord. We all do because they are designed specifically to bring us happiness in this life. But you would rather people be enslaved to their lusts and destroy their opportunity for posterity and the opportunity for billions more people to be born. You deny children the right to have both a mother and a father joined in Holy matrimony.

And the ultimate, your stance on homosexuality. You put yourselves in the shoes of homosexuals, like a true open minded person would do? Or how about claiming people condemn themselves by ignoring your lord?

Give me a break you phony. Are you open to other religions, other gods, other lifestyles, other morals? Hell no, and you even admit it

Of course, that has what to do with compromising on laws and solutions to problems in this country?

:cuckoo::lol:

The stimulus is a perfect example of something that should not be comprimised into existence. It was a boondoggle and a theft and a swindle. It cost a bundle and did nothing that was promised.

Anybody, ANYBODY, with even half a notion of honest scrutiny of this dog turd could see it, but the Dems saw the opportunity to run the game and they took it.

Anybody who voted for this needs to be voted out of office then taken out back and shot.

Forum List

Back