Compromise is a dirty word

Texanmike

Aug 11, 2011
I'm sick of it. Compromise is the reason I left the "Republican" party. Its the reason we're in the mess we're in and people are calling for more of it. Both sides call for it... my question is "WHY?". It has been kind of clear every time that someone has a majority. Ever notice that the Dems did absolutely nothing of consequence when they had all the authority? I wonder why that is? Because nobody actually wants to take accountability for what they do... its so much better when we can lay the blame on the other side. "Hey guys, I've got an idea... we'll both kick and scream and we'll skim some money for our states, but when it fails... you blame us and we'll blame you and the sheep will all follow us blindly. Just don't pretend to be friendly in front of the camera and we can keep this up for decades." Sure they passed an Obaminatioin(see what I did thur? haha) of a healthcare bill but it won't do anything because it self destructed. Its as if they are scared to be out on an island alone. You have a fillibuster proof majoirty and you don't get anything done? You cowards. Oh, Republicans you're no better. You have screwed the ugly girl on prom night just as often. Oh and voters--- you're just as bad. Why don't you ever place ANY demands on your representation? You mindless sheep! I have no desire to have my representative "work together" with the other side. I'll tell you what you get when you "compromise". You get weak assed politicians like McCain. You get the worst parts of both philosophies. Give me an example of a compromise that has worked out well. I would rather have Congress gridlocked and not make another law for the rest of my life than have them compromise my rights away.

Compromise is a dirty word and it should be treated as such. Civility? Its over rated. They didn't lower our credit rating because our politicians were playing partisan politics, they did it because our "compromise" never gets anything done. The "compromise" that we made is the worst decision I've seen since... QE2, and the bailouts and TARP before it. Compromise is the disgusting slime that covers the politicians that have no principle. In fact, I would RATHER live with the lefts agenda for 5 years to a decade so we can see what a failed philosophy it is, and THEN move to my agenda. Yep. You know why? Compromise allows both sides to claim that it was the other guy's part of the compromise that resulted in the ever increasing ****up that we have in our country.

Why can't people just have principle and conviction and say what they want to do and what they will do and just refuse to vote on anything short of that? Tell me. What area of "compromise" has gotten better for you man?

I am all for Burr style civility.

Mike

Last edited:
Compromise is the heart of effective politics, politicians who refuse to compromise on anything and put their personal convictions before the interests of their state or district generally only get one term because all they can point to as accomplishments are what they refused to do. Welcome to the realization that the GOP is doomed by their rigid ideology.

Last time I checked, the Government was 'of The People, for The People, by The People'... key words 'The People'.... not one group or another group, but The People. That, whether we like it or not, requires compromise. It requires a Government to govern for all. That is what has been missing from both sides for decades. And it is why I treat both with equal disdain.

I am neither a right wing or a left winger. I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. My alligence is to a rigid set of ideas developed over several hundred years. It is my goal to codify the individual liberties which we are all destined to have.

And yes, these principle should be uncompromising. Compromising is not what made this country great, it is what is causing its destruction. The problem with compromise is that once you begin compromise you admit that your solution is not ideal. Before too long (about 200 years in our case) the core of your design begins to crumble.

TM, you can paint me as whatever you want. Any of you are free to, of course, but you should be aware of one thing: Today's compromise is tomorrows unthinkable. Develop some principles and stick to the, or don't bother to develop them at all.

Mike

Compromise is the heart of effective politics, politicians who refuse to compromise on anything and put their personal convictions before the interests of their state or district generally only get one term because all they can point to as accomplishments are what they refused to do. Welcome to the realization that the GOP is doomed by their rigid ideology.

Compromise is the mechanism used to sell out your state, not to protect it's interests. Everything the federal government has one for the last 100 years is harmful to the interests of the state. The worst kind of bill Congress passes are the ones with "bi-partisan" support. You don't compromise your fundamental principles, and that's what the turds who call for "compromise" are asking you to do.

I would like an explanation for all this sudden increase in thread necromancy. It is not against the rules but it is annoying to say the least. I notice all the worst lefty trolls have begun indulging in the practice. It is time for some neg rep to be passed out.

The people of the nation have grown so far apart and so divergent that there is no point on which reasonable minds might agree and compromise.

If the country is to survive, it should split up.

sorry champ but the Dems didn't have enough of a majority to overcome the obstructionist in the Senate. Hell some of their own party are pseudo-cons of the highest order.

Forum List

Back