Compromise 2...Immigration.

For all intents and purposes we've already absorbed them. Better to think of this as triage. Let's stop the bleeding at the border using amnesty as leverage.

We most certainly have NOT absorbed them. We have allowed US businesses to lure them here to act as a permanent slave class.....any ethical person should be repulsed by this beyond measure. These people need to GO HOME and their homelands may well need our help but that we can discuss in some rational way.

Reagan gave us Amnesty in the 1980's and sold us on it as a way to "end the illegal immigration problem". What did we get instead? 20 Million MORE illegals, open and unsecure borders, skyrocketing criminal activity a la identity theft etc. Can anyone explain to me why any person living in poverty in Mexico should EVER be dissuaded from coming here if every 20 or 30 years we bless every illegal within our borders? How can we ever hope to fund our entitlement programs if we willy-nilly extend them to millions of people who are citizens of other nations? Can't we see the results of uncontrolled immigration on Europe?

NO.

Deport every last person who is here illegally and reform immigration so that from now on, anyone here legally on a visa is chipped and tracked until the day they leave or make citizenship. It is the 21st Century...let's act like it.
This has been my stance as well, it's not fair to reward folks that have broken the law...but...life isn't fair.

I'm willing to make this compromise to ensure that the border IS secured, that illegal immigration is a felony, that the anchor baby exemption is dismantled and and that hiring illegals so costly that the incentive is eliminated.

The money we would waste deporting 10 million people would be better spent securing the border so we don't face this problem again.

Which proposal is more likely to end/slow illegal immigration?

"Deport them all"

or

"Grant them all Amnesty"?

Yes...and no.

Yes, the offspring of current illegals would be granted citizenship...but the loophole should be closed for all future illegals and "citizenship tourists" and citizens of foreign countries here on visas/green cards.

Citizenship should confer with the mother. Whatever country the mother is a citizen of, that is the citizenship of the child.

No one has put forward a compelling case for continuing the anchor policy...if one exists, I'd be happy to consider it.

You are just full of surprises today, Missourian. Do you realize under your proposal the soldier who marries and divorces in Germany cannot bring his baby home? Not to mention the Equal Protection issues.....but before all that, have you conceded that all illegals must be deported?

Close off the jobs first, and you'll dry up most of the problem. After that, you can easily secure the border and deport as needed.

While the jobs are here though, people will continue to find ways through and employers will continue to enable those that are here illegally.

There has to be a multi-pronged answer, yes, but none of this is brain surgery. Bash the US employer -- who commits a crime by knowingly hiring illegals -- and deport every last one of them. Let Mexico figure who needs to be deported further to Guatamala, etc.

We most certainly have NOT absorbed them. We have allowed US businesses to lure them here to act as a permanent slave class.....any ethical person should be repulsed by this beyond measure. These people need to GO HOME and their homelands may well need our help but that we can discuss in some rational way.

Reagan gave us Amnesty in the 1980's and sold us on it as a way to "end the illegal immigration problem". What did we get instead? 20 Million MORE illegals, open and unsecure borders, skyrocketing criminal activity a la identity theft etc. Can anyone explain to me why any person living in poverty in Mexico should EVER be dissuaded from coming here if every 20 or 30 years we bless every illegal within our borders? How can we ever hope to fund our entitlement programs if we willy-nilly extend them to millions of people who are citizens of other nations? Can't we see the results of uncontrolled immigration on Europe?

NO.

Deport every last person who is here illegally and reform immigration so that from now on, anyone here legally on a visa is chipped and tracked until the day they leave or make citizenship. It is the 21st Century...let's act like it.
This has been my stance as well, it's not fair to reward folks that have broken the law...but...life isn't fair.

I'm willing to make this compromise to ensure that the border IS secured, that illegal immigration is a felony, that the anchor baby exemption is dismantled and and that hiring illegals so costly that the incentive is eliminated.

The money we would waste deporting 10 million people would be better spent securing the border so we don't face this problem again.

"Deport them all"

or

Deport them all...IF the border is completely sealed...so, how do we get the border secure without compromise?

If Republicans were willing to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, would the Democrats concede to closing the boarder first, eliminate anchor babies and make it a felony offense to cross the border illegally?

The anchor baby issue is a tough one to address in that you have to understand how that even became possible in the first place.

But I think everyone would agree, the fact we're 9 years out from 9/11 and we still haven't secured the ports and borders is a national disgrace.

I'd add to your list, I want extreme penalties on folks that hire illegals to do work. Like "We shut down your business and bankrupt the owners" level penalties.

Ahhh, but you must provide the means to verify. Didn't our DOJ just sue Arizona over verification? Over ID before voting? Don't blow smoke up everyone's ass, it ain't becomng. Meg Whitman was crucified politically because she hired an illegal who came from an employment agency with a stolen SS number, a fraudualant I-9, and a sworn statments that she was here legally. If demonRats meant what they said Meg Whitman would have been a hero and the illegal would have her fat ass sitting in Mexico but that ain't how that turned out now is it? Fuck no it isn't.

If Republicans were willing to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, would the Democrats concede to closing the boarder first, eliminate anchor babies and make it a felony offense to cross the border illegally?

LOL,

it will never happened, never because Dems are too stupid to agree with.

I don't know about the Democrats, but I wouldn't. How would you pay for it and what would the USA do for citizens? We have no population growth with out birthright citizenship.

I don't know about the Democrats, but I wouldn't. How would you pay for it and what would the USA do for citizens? We have no population growth with out birthright citizenship.

The money for the border fence was already allocated, use the money from the fines paid for citizenship.

Is zero population growth a bad thing?

Regardless of the answer to that, if we need to grow the population, we can invite those we want through LEGAL immigration.

No. Not really.

They may say they would, but then the funding would dry up.

If the reps waited for the wall to be finished, they could go back on thier word, for whatever twist they can come up with.

The money for the border fence was already allocated, use the money from the fines paid for citizenship.

Is zero population growth a bad thing?

Regardless of the answer to that, if we need to grow the population, we can invite those we want through LEGAL immigration.
The only border fence that will work is a bubble over the country.

Yes, zero population is a bad thing...the majority of our citizens are senior citizens (or will be soon).

I'd rather see us raise the caps for legal immigrants than any of your solutions.

The anchor baby issue is our kindness being used as a tool against us.

Isn't china bringing women here, keeping them in homes and when the child is about to be born, the mothers are taken to the hospital to give birth, then both the mother and child are taken back to china?

or is that an urban legend?

Isn't china bringing women here, keeping them in homes and when the child is about to be born, the mothers are taken to the hospital to give birth, then both the mother and child are taken back to china?

It sounds fishy. Why take the baby home to China? Dun that defeat the purpose?

"Deport them all"

or

Deport them all...IF the border is completely sealed...so, how do we get the border secure without compromise?

With whom must we compromise? Are you suggesting that the US lacks the ability to close the border?

We won WW II -- I think we can shove off a few million (mostly) unarmed Mexicans. Station the US Army every fifteen feet -- until a barrier is erected. Then use guardhouses. This ain't that difficult, is it?

"Deport them all"

or

With whom must we compromise? Are you suggesting that the US lacks the ability to close the border?

We won WW II -- I think we can shove off a few million (mostly) unarmed Mexicans. Station the US Army every fifteen feet -- until a barrier is erected. Then use guardhouses. This ain't that difficult, is it?

Wow! Sounds like Rocket Science to me. I think our engineers are still stuck on the barbed wire fence.

sw-08080951-1302-MexicanBorder-BarbedWireFence.jpg

Last edited:

"Deport them all"

or

But it is politically impossible because both parties need to suck up to the latino demographic. Within 10-30 years whites will be a minority in this country and the parties will need to garner majorities of the minority blocs to retain power.

They care far, far more about their own power base than about the constitution, the law, us, our rights, our security etc. We only count on election day.

It sounds fishy. Why take the baby home to China? Dun that defeat the purpose?

At my paranoid best.

They would have American citizen steeped in the full blown traditions of communism.

The Chinese think very long term, thier gymnasts are picked before age 2.

Forum List

Back