Compromise 2...Immigration.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
If Republicans were willing to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, would the Democrats concede to closing the boarder first, eliminate anchor babies and make it a felony offense to cross the border illegally?

I will compromise on immigration. If anything we are out of tricks to cause our property to artificially increase in price so we need more citizens to drive up demand.

How about a tariff on funds foreign citizens send out of the country but a welcome mat to bring in the families of those who become citizens with good behavior. Something like work hard for the time of your three year work visa and your wife and kids can come in for free.

We need more young healthy hard working folks.

(Sorry for typos in advance, i am using my cell pho e while buying new tires)

If Republicans were willing to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, would the Democrats concede to closing the boarder first, eliminate anchor babies and make it a felony offense to cross the border illegally?

No, they wouldn't. Let's just be totally honest.

The anchor baby issue is a tough one to address in that you have to understand how that even became possible in the first place.

But I think everyone would agree, the fact we're 9 years out from 9/11 and we still haven't secured the ports and borders is a national disgrace.

I'd add to your list, I want extreme penalties on folks that hire illegals to do work. Like "We shut down your business and bankrupt the owners" level penalties.

Born in the USA isn't going to change and IMO, it shouldn't. But I'll be fucked if the GOP will give citizenship to 11 to 20 Million criminals...deport them all. We should be talking about how to aid Mexicans to rebuild Mexico, not how to absorb these people as if we here in the US have the Midas Touch.

No, they wouldn't. Let's just be totally honest.

Then let's call the Democrats what they are...traitors.

Last edited:

The anchor baby issue is a tough one to address in that you have to understand how that even became possible in the first place.

But I think everyone would agree, the fact we're 9 years out from 9/11 and we still haven't secured the ports and borders is a national disgrace.

I'd add to your list, I want extreme penalties on folks that hire illegals to do work. Like "We shut down your business and bankrupt the owners" level penalties.

I agree, you need severe penalties on both fronts to combat this problem...make the fine for hiring illegals so costly that it dwarfs any payroll savings.

Born in the USA isn't going to change and IMO, it shouldn't. But I'll be fucked if the GOP will give citizenship to 11 to 20 Million criminals...deport them all. We should be talking about how to aid Mexicans to rebuild Mexico, not how to absorb these people as if we here in the US have the Midas Touch.

You are just a HATER Miss Madison..Why I have a good mind to put you on..."The List"...!!!!

For all intents and purposes we've already absorbed them. Better to think of this as triage. Let's stop the bleeding at the border using amnesty as leverage.

For all intents and purposes we've already absorbed them. Better to think of this as triage. Let's stop the bleeding at the border using amnesty as leverage.

We most certainly have NOT absorbed them. We have allowed US businesses to lure them here to act as a permanent slave class.....any ethical person should be repulsed by this beyond measure. These people need to GO HOME and their homelands may well need our help but that we can discuss in some rational way.

Reagan gave us Amnesty in the 1980's and sold us on it as a way to "end the illegal immigration problem". What did we get instead? 20 Million MORE illegals, open and unsecure borders, skyrocketing criminal activity a la identity theft etc. Can anyone explain to me why any person living in poverty in Mexico should EVER be dissuaded from coming here if every 20 or 30 years we bless every illegal within our borders? How can we ever hope to fund our entitlement programs if we willy-nilly extend them to millions of people who are citizens of other nations? Can't we see the results of uncontrolled immigration on Europe?

NO.

Deport every last person who is here illegally and reform immigration so that from now on, anyone here legally on a visa is chipped and tracked until the day they leave or make citizenship. It is the 21st Century...let's act like it.

We most certainly have NOT absorbed them. We have allowed US businesses to lure them here to act as a permanent slave class.....any ethical person should be repulsed by this beyond measure. These people need to GO HOME and their homelands may well need our help but that we can discuss in some rational way.

Reagan gave us Amnesty in the 1980's and sold us on it as a way to "end the illegal immigration problem". What did we get instead? 20 Million MORE illegals, open and unsecure borders, skyrocketing criminal activity a la identity theft etc. Can anyone explain to me why any person living in poverty in Mexico should EVER be dissuaded from coming here if every 20 or 30 years we bless every illegal within our borders? How can we ever hope to fund our entitlement programs if we willy-nilly extend them to millions of people who are citizens of other nations? Can't we see the results of uncontrolled immigration on Europe?

NO.

Deport every last person who is here illegally and reform immigration so that from now on, anyone here legally on a visa is chipped and tracked until the day they leave or make citizenship. It is the 21st Century...let's act like it.
This has been my stance as well, it's not fair to reward folks that have broken the law...but...life isn't fair.

I'm willing to make this compromise to ensure that the border IS secured, that illegal immigration is a felony, that the anchor baby exemption is dismantled and and that hiring illegals so costly that the incentive is eliminated.

The money we would waste deporting 10 million people would be better spent securing the border so we don't face this problem again.

Last edited:

100% agreed. If the jobs are eliminated for illegals, then there will be fewer illegals.

If you're going to allow the illegals already here to have a path to citizenship, then it would seem logical that you would grant their offspring citizenship.

So the anchor baby issue kind of closes once you close the border and stop the continual flow of illegals.

If you're going to allow the illegals already here to have a path to citizenship, then it would seem logical that you would grant their offspring citizenship.

So the anchor baby issue kind of closes once you close the border and stop the continual flow of illegals.

Yes...and no.

Yes, the offspring of current illegals would be granted citizenship...but the loophole should be closed for all future illegals and "citizenship tourists" and citizens of foreign countries here on visas/green cards.

Citizenship should confer with the mother. Whatever country the mother is a citizen of, that is the citizenship of the child.

No one has put forward a compelling case for continuing the anchor policy...if one exists, I'd be happy to consider it.

Last edited:

Yes...and no.

Yes, the offspring of current illegals would be granted citizenship...but the loophole should be closed for all future illegals and "citizenship tourists" and citizens of foreign countries here on visas/green cards.

Citizenship should confer with the mother. Whatever country the mother is a citizen of, that is the citizenship of the child.

No one has put forward a compelling case for continuing the anchor policy...if one exists, I'd be happy to consider it.

You are just full of surprises today, Missourian. Do you realize under your proposal the soldier who marries and divorces in Germany cannot bring his baby home? Not to mention the Equal Protection issues.....but before all that, have you conceded that all illegals must be deported?

Yes...and no.

You'd have to be careful about how you repealed it. As I recall, the anchor baby issue comes from the Ammendment that specifically made freed slaves citizens. Simply repealing that ammendment has all kinds of bad possible implications.

I agree that the anchor baby issue needs looking at, but its an issue that has to be handled carefully and examined fully.

You are just a HATER Miss Madison..Why I have a good mind to put you on..."The List"...!!!!

I get that a lot, but I dun understand it. Why's it hateful to preserve the US's future as a First World nation? Why's it hateful to say we should and can and must deport illegals? Dun their nations need healthy young people as well? By what right do we convert Mexico's poor into America's slaves?

Yes...and no.

You are just full of surprises today, Missourian. Do you realize under your proposal the soldier who marries and divorces in Germany cannot bring his baby home? Not to mention the Equal Protection issues.....but before all that, have you conceded that all illegals must be deported?

Close off the jobs first, and you'll dry up most of the problem. After that, you can easily secure the border and deport as needed.

While the jobs are here though, people will continue to find ways through and employers will continue to enable those that are here illegally.

Forum List

Back