Compressing Files / WinZip ... I need help!

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Okay, here's the deal.
I have a Windows Media Player file that is 1.56 minutes long / 44.9 MB.
I have compressed it using WinZip which brings it to 44.2 MB.
Still much too big to attach and send through email.

What am I doing wrong?
Am I doing anything wrong?
Is it at all possible to compress the file enough to fit into and email?

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and I've just about given up. Then I thought .... hey ... ask the folks on USMB! Someone there might know!

So ... can anyone tell me if it's possible to compress the video file enough, and if so, how the hell do I do it?

Thank you for your time.

masq

Okay, here's the deal.

What am I doing wrong?

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and I've just about given up. Then I thought .... hey ... ask the folks on USMB! Someone there might know!

So ... can anyone tell me if it's possible to compress the video file enough, and if so, how the hell do I do it?

Thank you for your time.

masq
Putting it in a zip file ain't gonna significantly decrease the size of the file.

Turning it into a avi file, will. It's video, right? Host it up on YouTube and send people that link, instead of the file.

Okay, here's the deal.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time.

masq
Putting it in a zip file ain't gonna significantly decrease the size of the file.

Turning it into a avi file, will. It's video, right? Host it up on YouTube and send people that link, instead of the file.

Thanks MM, but no-can-do. This short vid is NOT Youtube friendly. I just downloaded a 3GP Video Converter and it worked great. Not sure about the avi file. I'll have to look into that. It was QuickPlayer until I converted it to Windows Media.

Okay, here's the deal.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time.

masq

Thanks MM, but no-can-do. This short vid is NOT Youtube friendly. I just downloaded a 3GP Video Converter and it worked great. Not sure about the avi file. I'll have to look into that. It was QuickPlayer until I converted it to Windows Media.
AVI is the original windows video file. It's still valid and really shrinks video file size dramatically.

The video was taken on my cell phone. When transferred into my laptop, it was a Quick Time Player file. Today I downloaded a 3GP converter and successfully converted to both AVI and Windows Media. I can't get either file to compress small enough to send in an email.

I appreciate any and all help you're offering MM. Thank you.

The video was taken on my cell phone. When transferred into my laptop, it was a Quick Time Player file. Today I downloaded a 3GP converter and successfully converted to both AVI and Windows Media. I can't get either file to compress small enough to send in an email.

The AVI file should be, by far the smallest of the files.

If I had the file, I could host it up on my server and give you a link to send via email to people.

If you have it as a AVI it should load right up on youtube, and you can set it so only people you send the link to, can see it. Not the general public.

Doesn't photobucket allow up to 500MB video?

I have both a Photobucket and Flickr account, but really ... this video can not be uploaded onto a website. Thanks xsited1!

I have both a Photobucket and Flickr account, but really ... this video can not be uploaded onto a website. Thanks xsited1!

Try this:

Split Zip Files - WinZip Computing :: Knowledgebase

We do file compression...... In a zip..... so you win!

WASTE_PAPER_SCRAP.jpg

There is easy way to compress win zip file .To compress the zip file in normal folder ,first right click the file which you want to compress,than choose extract all ,than compression of the file will start.

Forum List

Back