Compound bow help

I hate the idea of an animal not quickly put out of its' misery.

Me thinks a modern arrow placed in the same place as a bullet does more damage and may kill quicker.
Good luck getting it there though. I'll put a deer rifle with scope over a bow and arrow any day for accuracy.

Actually that's part of the point. A small child can kill deer with a scoped rifle. Real hunting skills are required with a bow and arrow. The hunt or the kill; which is more important?

PSE Nova vector 4 is a good bow. Rocky mountain spike sights with a PSE 4 inch over draw. I run a 2117 arrow cut and fletched by myself. My wheels are 60% let off. I CAN pop the traps at 272 fps.

A Mathews single cam is faster but not that much.

PSE Nova vector 4 is a good bow. Rocky mountain spike sights with a PSE 4 inch over draw. I run a 2117 arrow cut and fletched by myself. My wheels are 60% let off. I CAN pop the traps at 272 fps.

I was looking at a PSE complete kit. Came with 3 carbon arrows, a sight, peek scope, release trigger and a quiver.

it was like 400 bucks.
I have about decided I am just going to wait until income tax and get the good stuff. If I do like it, buying crap would just cost me more money in the long run.

I was looking at a PSE complete kit. Came with 3 carbon arrows, a sight, peek scope, release trigger and a quiver.
I like the wrist strap trigger release. Nothing to hold or put in your pocket when you don't need it. Plus you can pull a lot more using your wrist over your fingers. 20 pounds can make a HUGE difference in choice of arrow shaft AND speed.

I am about settled on a diamond brand compound. It is a package and has everything I need. Even a few arrows. Its 350 bucks.

Forum List

Back