Completetely R held governments

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
During the lead up to the great depression we had a totally Republican government.

The next time in history we had a completetly Republican government we got this current economic fiasco.

History is repeting.

Why is the coroporate news ignoring this fact?

• Banned
I see some ohteres dont want to hear these facts huh?

The republican party was never the fiscal party , that was a long time lie.

History is not repeating itself. This is not the Great Depression. In fact, it is nowhere close to that. Is it a mess? Absolutely. Are there people to blame? Absolutely. Are they all Republicans? Absolutely not. Democrats had as much to do with this mess as Republicans, and if you think differently, you're fooling yourself. I'm not saying Republicans are not to blame, but they certainly are not soley responsible.

• Banned
They had the government in their hands while the product of their Ideology ( tax cuts, war, deregulation) were distroying our country.

They fought the states who tried to enforce their own laws on the lending industry.

They ignored the regulatory powers they did have during the whole buildup.

I dont know why you chose to defend the people who brought us here.

• Banned
These facts are not going to go away folks.

Anyone who studies history will understand what this means for the legacy of the Republican party.

• Banned
If this were Dems with this record you would be wide awake huh?

• Banned
Yeah the FACT that this was created by the party you have defended for years has nothing to do with your napping huh?

Yeah the FACT that this was created by the party you have defended for years has nothing to do with your napping huh?

yeah, because i've defended them for years. :rofl:

this was created by members of both parties over a long time. asshats like you who cling to the narrow confines of partisan politics are as much to blame as anyone else. probably more.

You have done nothing but defend Bush when I'm arround.

The republican party held all power while this built.

They championed the ideas of Deregulation and tax cuts while pursuing wars for no good reason.

They are the ones who hold the major burden for this mess.

Pretending its partisanship when its ideology this party has long touted as the answer that caused this is just complete bullshit.

DEREGULATION caused this mess plain and simple.

Two times in our history we have had entirely Republican run government.

Two times it ended in finacial disastor for the country.

Is this all just a cowinkydink?

Two times in our history we have had entirely Republican run government.

Two times it ended in finacial disastor for the country.

Is this all just a cowinkydink?

the last centuries two depressions, and I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of all the last century's recessions occurred under republican adminstrations.

I'm sure its all pure coincidence. Democrats just get lucky.

Ike did have a couple of years of R control.

He was a decent and honorable man who cared about his country.

I loved Ike, he was my favorite R during my lifetime.

He was Military not a party boy.

During the lead up to the great depression we had a totally Republican government.

The next time in history we had a completetly Republican government we got this current economic fiasco.

History is repeting.

Why is the coroporate news ignoring this fact?

I wasn't aware that the Democrats who won Congressional majority rule in November 2006 were Republicans. Who knew???

You see it really was the deregulations ( you can blame Clinton too if it makes you feel better, I do) foisted on us by republicans senators and even still they hold the philosoply of deregulation as an answer.

Its an Idea that has failed repetedly throughout history and Yet they cling to it. Why ??????

Can anyone tell me why Republicans so often shirk regulating industries even when history has proven deregulation fails us everytime its so broad reaching?

You have done nothing but defend Bush when I'm arround.

The republican party held all power while this built.

They championed the ideas of Deregulation and tax cuts while pursuing wars for no good reason.

They are the ones who hold the major burden for this mess.

Pretending its partisanship when its ideology this party has long touted as the answer that caused this is just complete bullshit.

DEREGULATION caused this mess plain and simple.

liar

You see it really was the deregulations ( you can blame Clinton too if it makes you feel better, I do) foisted on us by republicans senators and even still they hold the philosoply of deregulation as an answer.

Its an Idea that has failed repetedly throughout history and Yet they cling to it. Why ??????

clinton is definetely just as much to blame as the Bush administration is.Both the republicans and democrats are responsible.Clinton signed NAFTA which took away millions of jobs.That was what started the recession.People are going to find out Obama is not the answer.theres no difference between the two parties,their both corrupt.we need a third party created.

Forum List

Back