Complete this sequence

Prokek

Rookie
Jul 30, 2008
Complete the following sequence:

Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, ...

God.

All the other magical figures my parents told me about ended up not being real... why would God be any different?

God.

All the other magical figures my parents told me about ended up not being real... why would God be any different?

Can you explain what makes us "alive" and "self aware" scientifically?

I have always been amused by those who feel the need to attack the religioud beliefs of others. I am an Agnostic, borderline Atheist, but I find that the beliefs of others do not concern me at all. At least as long as they do not try to convert me or preach to me, and I have yet to encounter any who have tried. So you don't believe, great. Why worry about those who do? They're happy. More power to them. I'm happy. More power to me. I tend to think that those who attack the religious beliefs of others are not happy and attempting to make those who believe unhappy as well. As long as they're not bothering you, leave them alone.

I am an Agnostic, borderline Atheist, but I find that the beliefs of others do not concern me at all. At least as long as they do not try to convert me or preach to me, and I have yet to encounter any who have tried.

Not a single one? I'm just a bit incredulous of your claim.

When I see people challenging God I see it as evidence that Satan is battling for their soul. I see it in Shogun's posts, particularly. I think Satan wants them to openly debate the existence of God...while God at the same time has provided them with a desire to be enlightened.

It's fascinating.

When I see people challenging God I see it as evidence that Satan is battling for their soul. I see it in Shogun's posts, particularly. I think Satan wants them to openly debate the existence of God...while God at the same time has provided them with a desire to be enlightened.

It's fascinating.

oh come on now, baba.. i told you, i'll never be a saul/paul. Id require a bit more evidence than what we have these days... and going blind won't do it. Let an angel come and kick my ass and THEN we'll talk.

:cool:

It's fascinating.

You're a kinder gentler soul than I am, I guess.

I just think it's childish.

I feel the same way about most Christians evangelists as I do most atheist evagelists, to be honest.

STFU!

Nobody cares what your view of this issue is, nobody is impressed that you think science rules, or that Jesus loves me, or any of the other childish nonsense these people think passes for intellectual thought.

Not a single one? I'm just a bit incredulous of your claim.

Unless you count the Mormons going door to door, and they generally just hand out their pamphlets and move on. Most of the people I know who worship know where I stand on religion and respect me as I respect them. I don't try to convert them, and they pray for my soul, LOL!!

God.

Wow! That's so deep, profound and original that it's already been done on South Park. Try not to hurt your arm patting yourself on the back for this insightful offering of wisdom.

:rofl:

I don't watch kiddy shows. It's really not that hard to think of, suprised south park thought if as well. :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

God.

I'm ok with people believing in a higher power. But to think they understand what that higher power is, is rediculous. Or to think the bible is not a book of fiction. Silly. Man made stories. Want to evolve? Drop that religion crap.

It's fascinating.

Clear, matter-of-fact, explanation, but you know and I know that your presenting a Spiritually discerned explanation as you did, will create "flak" from those that are resisting the work of the Spirit on their souls.

It's fascinating.

It does not surprise me to hear that you see things, Allie.

I don't ENTIRELY discount that there is a personification of good and/or evil in the universe.

I just doubt they have to life a finger (even one that can write stuff with a firely finger in stone!) to make some people act decently most of the time and others of us like apostates of hell most of the time.

Perhaps my expectations are inappropriately low, but I now consider it a miracle if people are merely decent to me...not kind and generous, merely polite will do.

And I don't fault GOD or LUCIFER if they're not, either.

Free will and all that, you know.

To the extent that I understand how the minds works, I presume that most of the crap that happens I can lay at MANKIND'S doorstep.

Forum List

Back