Complete opt-out of the rep system?

too funny. i really don't say all that much unless people make personal attacks on me or others, which seems to be your (and syrenn's) wont.

i don't like the rep system and i have made that clear but, hey, other people like it and that is their business.

i don't understand your particular fascination with me, other than i objected when a muslim member was being told that he worshipped a "pig fucking pedophile rapist" on what was alleged to be a "feel good thread". that thread had begun with the very best of intent but its actual purpose had fallen by the wayside.

make no mistake though, i have noticed that you and some other poster's posts have been more honest when adressing mine, now that i no longer have the ability to rep them and they now lack the ability to rep me.

also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board.
Yo.....freak.

This ain't all about you.

Let it go.

i won't be offended if you choose not to respond to me.

there is a distinct advantage, at times, of having that bully pulpit.
Your narcissism fits in well in this thread.

:thup:

".....also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board."

And some pigs are more equal than others, got it.

it seems like you fail to recollect that those who have opted out are the ones being told they have no right to comment. i wasn't talking about "equality", i was speaking about experience. those who have opted out, for whatever real or imagined reasons, have seen it from both sides.

The quote is yours, and accurately reproduced.
If you feel the impression I got was in error, then you need to explain the idea of 'more of a right' in some way which does not involve inequality.

I didn't see where anyone told 'those who have opted out' that 'none of you has a right to comment': it seems to me that you're interpreting others' words and doing so incorrectly. So, no I haven't 'failed to recollect'.

try to put into a context of me being told i have no right to comment on it and your lack of objection to that. that might maake it easier for you to understand. in contractuaal language, it falls into the category of "shop talk".

If you feel the impression I got was in error, then you need to explain the idea of 'more of a right' in some way which does not involve inequality.

I didn't see where anyone told 'those who have opted out' that 'none of you has a right to comment': it seems to me that you're interpreting others' words and doing so incorrectly. So, no I haven't 'failed to recollect'.

:blahblah:

"try to put into a context of me being told i have no right to comment on it and your lack of objection to that. that might maake it easier for you to understand. in contractuaal language, it falls into the category of "shop talk". "

That's all fine, seal - but first you've got to show me where that first bit happened, because I can't seem to find it.

This message is hidden because reabhloideach is on your ignore list.

Suppose he'll start whining about that now...

it seems like you fail to recollect that those who have opted out are the ones being told they have no right to comment. i wasn't talking about "equality", i was speaking about experience. those who have opted out, for whatever real or imagined reasons, have seen it from both sides.

try to put into a context of me being told i have no right to comment on it and your lack of objection to that. that might maake it easier for you to understand. in contractuaal language, it falls into the category of "shop talk".

i dont think anyone is saying you dont have the right to comment on rep....

your obsession with rep is the topic...

Look you dumb son of a bitch! Instead of just hitting you with a one liner only for the possible enjoyment of others, I figured I'd make the effort to point out what I and others object to about your personality. You know, show a bit of compassion, extend the hand of friendship, as it were.
I held out little hope that you would understand, let alone heed or appreciate my advice.
Back to the comedy show.

Wait, that really WAS sincere??? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! :eek:

Okay, first of all, it's moot, now that I'm off the rep grid, but I'm sure you know that.

Second, anyone who uses rep to discipline other users in the way you described is about as anti-free-speech as it gets. Nobody died and made you all mods and admins. If you don't like someone's personality, at least be man enough to come out and say it. Either the other person will listen or they won't.

Third, if you want to talk about - oh, I dunno - issues or anything, the other guy's personality shouldn't matter, as long as you both stick to picking apart the arguments and not getting into all the rep bullshit. You might not believe this, but I do admit it when someone calls me out on an incorrect fact or logical fallacy.

Okay, I'm done with the soapbox.
Anti free speech would be negging people you disagree with. I have been known to argue a point for hours and end up pos repping my opponent for making a good point or because I throughly enjoyed the discussion.

You sir, I negged because I find YOU, not your ideas, objectionable. You so far, haven't discussed issues. The 4 threads I've seen of yours, were not about issues. They were attempts to get you noticed. Well, it worked. You got noticed. You got noticed and criticized. Rather than address the criticism, you deflected or insulted or went away for hours.

You're an asshole. You've ran away from the rep system because you were about to go into the red, not for some enlightened ethical reason. If you grow some balls and opt back in, you'll likely still be an asshole hence you'll likely get negged into the red.

Your bullshit may be earning you more rep from your widdle friends, but it's definitely not fooling anyone.

Okay, first of all, it's moot, now that I'm off the rep grid, but I'm sure you know that.

Second, anyone who uses rep to discipline other users in the way you described is about as anti-free-speech as it gets. Nobody died and made you all mods and admins. If you don't like someone's personality, at least be man enough to come out and say it. Either the other person will listen or they won't.

Third, if you want to talk about - oh, I dunno - issues or anything, the other guy's personality shouldn't matter, as long as you both stick to picking apart the arguments and not getting into all the rep bullshit. You might not believe this, but I do admit it when someone calls me out on an incorrect fact or logical fallacy.

Anti free speech would be negging people you disagree with. I have been known to argue a point for hours and end up pos repping my opponent for making a good point or because I throughly enjoyed the discussion.

You sir, I negged because I find YOU, not your ideas, objectionable. You so far, haven't discussed issues. The 4 threads I've seen of yours, were not about issues. They were attempts to get you noticed. Well, it worked. You got noticed. You got noticed and criticized. Rather than address the criticism, you deflected or insulted or went away for hours.

You're an asshole. You've ran away from the rep system because you were about to go into the red, not for some enlightened ethical reason. If you grow some balls and opt back in, you'll likely still be an asshole hence you'll likely get negged into the red.

Your bullshit may be earning you more rep from your widdle friends, but it's definitely not fooling anyone.
Your bullshit ain't earning you any rep. But, then again, you don't care about rep. :lol:

I love the rep system. It allows me to compliment others in real time. The way that the poster I complimented can see it.

I rarely neg. Usually a neg worthy posts stands on its own.

Ironic that not one of those people I'm "not fooling" have spoken in your support.

Ironic that not one of those people I'm "not fooling" have spoken in your support.

it must suck to be in the same short buss with liesmatters.... laughed at by both sides

it must suck to be in the same short buss with liesmatters.... laughed at by both sides

having worked extensively with some wonderful elementary school children of varying degrees and different types of disabilities, and being a staunch advocate and at times a representative for the rights of disabled workers, i have come to learn that those most disabled among us are those encumbered with ignorance, bigotry and cruelty.

..................not to mention pomposity, hypocrisy and an exaggerated sense of their own worth.

Is it possible for a member to turn off the "thumb" icon on their posts and zero out their rep score, so that they can no longer give or receive rep? Or does this have to be done by an admin only?

(No, I'm not referring to the "Hide your rep" checkbox in the user options.)

An Administrator is the one to do it. That is who did mine. :D

What?!?!?!

Now I can't thank you properly for those evocative avatars!

Forum List

Back