Complete common sense

Doctors whining about paperwork. I should care why?

Because paperwork increases cost to the doctor, reducing his bottom line, reducing his willingness to work. Consider that the next time you have to wait 3 months to see a general practitioner about that nagging cough that won't go away.

I have government health insurance. No months long wait, insane co-pays or huge monthly premiums.

However I remember what it was like when I had private insurance, and it was just like that. Of course that was before the ACA.

You understand that isn't a counter argument to what I wrote, right?

So...if they hire more part-time employees, doesn't that give more people jobs? Not the best jobs, but jobs nonetheless. What's wrong with that?

By the way...it should be pointed out that nobody is forcing them to do this. It's the company's decision to find some way to skirt the law to maintain or increase their profit at the expense of their employee's.

The contradiction between your first paragraph, and your second is simply astounding.

It's not really a contradiction. The first paragraph is merely stupid and ill informed. Companies will be taking full time workers and making them part time workers, with loss of pay and benefit. They will need slightly more part time workers to compensate, which will increase their costs over what they had been, but still less than what they would be had they maintained the same workforce.
Why anyone thinks this is a win is beyond me.

Forum List

Back