Complaints about what Obama MIGHT do are laughable

oldunclemark

Nov 1, 2008
..How about what the Bush administration DID do?

We are in crisis world wide militarily...economically..

..and Americans are the only ones who still even talk about the greatness of America.....

....Our nation needs drastic repair on many fronts..
..We have made mistakes (read:Iraq, deregulation, school funding)

///Whether tax hikes for those who make over $250,000 is redistribution
of weatlth or how soon we're going to phase out coal...

..seem like really small issues in comparison.

..and Americans are the only ones who still even talk about the greatness of America.....

Some of us need to get over the FACT that Bush is NOT running for office. Obama has done a pretty good job of planting that idea in a lot of pea brains.

I have no idea how some people learn about judgment of character but a lot of them need a class.

Obama has a brother that lives in poverty he has not lifted a finger to help him his own flesh and blood.

Obama has a Aunt living in the Untied States illegally. His Aunt is living below poverty and Obama was taking contributions for her for his campaign until he got called on it. The very least he could have done for her wait he has done the least he can do for her anyway he could have at least sponsored her so she could be a legal citizen. I wonder if she will get deported lol yeah right what a joke. No it does not make it right because we have lots of other illegals. Two wrongs will never make a right.

Obama has a minister who is a bigot well he just did not know that after 20 years of going to this church a Harvard graduate did not know his minister is a bigot after 20 years and what it took the media like two weeks to find that out. Either Obama is lying about it or he is stupid which one is it?

Obama works with and starts his campaign with a known terrorist and traitor to this country. Yes I realize Obama did not take part in the bombings. But would you hang out with a terrorist who is not the least bit sorry for what he did. I would be thinking gosh this nut might do something else since he is NOT SORRY for what he did duh.

Then he is tied up with Tony Rezyo I think that is his last name. Obama is in charge of a low income housing in his district of Chicago. Guess what Tony was supposed to fix that up he takes the money instead. No Obama did not take the money but obliviously he was not paying that low income neighborhood to much attention or he would have been on top of this.BTW it is still a slum.

So yeah Obama CARES about us. I just don't believe him his actions speak louder then his words do. He is either the worst judge of character or he is hanging out with thugs on purpose which one is it you cannot have it both ways. This is not a man I want as my president. I do not want my president to have thugs as his partners solving our country's problems.

I want a man of integrity like John McCain. Yes McCain had a divorce and he takes full responsibility for he does not do the Obama dance oh I did not know that. At least McCain can own his mistakes.

But McCain has put his own life on the line for this country and now his own son is putting his life on the line for this country and so is Palin's son.

When McCain was a POW he was offered a early release but he refused to leave his men behind and he was tortured for five and a half years. John was permanently maimed and still wants to fight for this country. We will be fools not to vote in a man who has shown us he loves this country with his own life laid out for it.

McCain is not Bush in fact he has gone against his own party Obama has not. McCain got it right he is THE maverick and I say he is our next President. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP-YoB5mnZs]YouTube - Obama's forgotten people[/ame]

mdjgirl I think the point is you all are worrying about what MIGHT happen instead of looking at what HAS happened and realizing that we need to FIX the problems created by a REPUBLICAN administration! Regardless of whether it's Bush or McCain running the facts remain that REPUBLICANS put us in this mess and it won't be a Republican who can get us out, especially when that Republican has buried his head right up Bush's ass for the last 6 years.

mdjgirl I think the point is you all are worrying about what MIGHT happen instead of looking at what HAS happened and realizing that we need to FIX the problems created by a REPUBLICAN administration! Regardless of whether it's Bush or McCain running the facts remain that REPUBLICANS put us in this mess and it won't be a Republican who can get us out, especially when that Republican has buried his head right up Bush's ass for the last 6 years.

"Worrying about what might happen"

Isn't that the point of an election? We're not having a reforendum on the the last 8 years. We are trying to figure out what direction these pervaricating politicians are going to take us based on VERY little real information.

So, if we aren't worrying about what MIGHT happen with both of them, we really aren't thinking clearly!

"Worrying about what might happen"

Isn't that the point of an election? We're not having a reforendum on the the last 8 years. We are trying to figure out what direction these pervaricating politicians are going to take us based on VERY little real information.

So, if we aren't worrying about what MIGHT happen with both of them, we really aren't thinking clearly!

I'm not worried about what MIGHT happen with McCain...I KNOW what WILL happen based on his record and his own words! He'll continue with the Bush policies and we can't afford that at this point.

lol, you people are brainwashed

BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH

Yet Congress has been on the democratic side for the past 2 years

I'm not worried about what MIGHT happen with McCain...I KNOW what WILL happen based on his record and his own words! He'll continue with the Bush policies and we can't afford that at this point.

First of all it's silly to say that you know what either of these people are going to do based on what they say. They are POLITICIANS.....that means they are lying to you. Both of them!

Second, they unbiased folks that look at this crap say that Obama's plan comes back with 1.6 Trillion in unfunded new spending and McCain's plan comes back as 1.3 Trillion in unfunded new spending. So voting for either of these knuckleheads based on not being able to afford something is foolish.

First of all it's silly to say that you know what either of these people are going to do based on what they say. They are POLITICIANS.....that means they are lying to you. Both of them!

Second, they unbiased folks that look at this crap say that Obama's plan comes back with 1.6 Trillion in unfunded new spending and McCain's plan comes back as 1.3 Trillion in unfunded new spending. So voting for either of these knuckleheads based on not being able to afford something is foolish.

care to provide links to those unbiased studies?

personally, for me, the economny isn't the main factor. It's the war in Iraq and our standing in the world and the respect our country has lost and our treatment of other countries.

care to provide links to those unbiased studies?

personally, for me, the economny isn't the main factor. It's the war in Iraq and our standing in the world and the respect our country has lost and our treatment of other countries.

Whenever military force is used for an extended period of time it risks a variety of things. Among them are the ones you listed. The danger is to take the wrong subsequent action in the believe that it will repair damage and make it worse.

For instance, the only way that the expense of blood and treasure that Iraq represents will have been worth it will be if Iraq becomes a stable, "free" country when we are done. If we undermine that outcome, we undermine ourselves and any respect that may come from having successfully accomplished our task there.

Also, remember that other countries have agendas that have nothing to do with us. We impinge a lot on what they want to do if they had it their own way. They don't like that. It doesn't really matter who is President, we will still step on other country's toes in some fashion. Other countries like us best when we are compliant. Not something that we should strive to be necessarily.

We elect people based on what they say they will do. Obama has said many things which many believe will be bad for the country. We'll know soon enough if Obama is the right man for the job. If he is, great. If not, well... you know. America can't take much more.

Actually, being an actual uniter, I will say that the Republicans are wise to foreshadow stuff they think the Dems might do when in complete control. That way they don't do those things.

Just like we SCREAMED that Bush was trying to start a war in Iran and we didn't approve. Sort of made it harder for him to do it.

Or sell a port to dubai.

Or postpone/steal the election. Can't do it because we are watching and ready for it this time.

Like this one:

Judge orders Coffman to stop continued voter purge - The Denver Post

Dude in Colorado was trying to purge voters from the rolls 90 days into an election. That is against federal law.

Last edited:
For instance, the only way that the expense of blood and treasure that Iraq represents will have been worth it will be if Iraq becomes a stable, "free" country when we are done. If we undermine that outcome, we undermine ourselves and any respect that may come from having successfully accomplished our task there.

Understand that I basically have alreways believed that we had no choice but to stay in Iraq until we stabilized it.

But as to the logic of your argument for why we must now stay? I don't think it makes any sense. Essantially what you are doing is asking people to die to make the deaths of someone else make sense TO YOU.

An old accounting cavaet comes to mind:

Sunk costs are sunk.

Understand that I basically have alreways believed that we had no choice but to stay in Iraq until we stabilized it.

But as to the logic of your argument for why we must now stay? I don't think it makes any sense. Essantially what you are doing is asking people to die to make the deaths of someone else make sense TO YOU.

An old accounting cavaet comes to mind:

Sunk costs are sunk.

LOL....yeah, well that's what I get for posting the Reader's Digest version of my reasoning. The point is not that it makes sense to me. The point I was making was more about the foreign policy costs of various actions.

The point that nobody likes us anymore (as if they really ever did or whether we should really care and if so how much). So, my point in return was that merely getting out of Iraq is not going to necessarily accomplish those goals. We have to do it in a proper way. I'm not even sure I'm saying we need to stay. All I'm saying is that it needs to be stable and survivable and "free-ish." We've transitioned 2/3 of the country to Iraqi rule. I would imagine the rest can be transitioned over the next year ahead of both Obama and McCain's estimates on when they would get out.

I think if we can do that successfully, we will end up benefiting from having done it. The reason is that we did it and it was a success. Now people still will not like it, because that means we are big and bad and that does not benefit them, so why would they be happy about it. But, there is a certain circumspect amount of respect that comes with it too. Nothing to brag about and nothing they will mention, but it is noted. Nothing in foreign policy is single-edged. There is good and bad with most things. If we can come out of Iraq with a 51% foreign policy win, it's a damn good win.

Forum List

Back