Complaint: O'Donnell paid rent with campaign funds

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009

The complaint is based largely on a sworn statement by O'Donnell's former campaign finance consultant, David Keegan. He says O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent in both March and April 2009, then listed the spending as "reimbursement expenses."

The complaint also accuses O'Donnell of using campaign funds to pay for gas, meals and a bowling outing.

...​

What idiots these teabaggers are.

The complaint is based largely on a sworn statement by O'Donnell's former campaign finance consultant, David Keegan. He says O'Donnell used campaign funds to pay her rent in both March and April 2009, then listed the spending as "reimbursement expenses."

The complaint also accuses O'Donnell of using campaign funds to pay for gas, meals and a bowling outing.

...​

Laughable. I suspect this is on the same level as the phoney charges against the alaska senator. Politically driven. Adding that democrats cant run on their record. So it is to be expected. I wasnt going to vote for the GOP, but after the intensive lying. I must.

Or bought a car with campaign donations instead:

A tip from southwest Virginia encouraged me to check out his finance reports from last year. On it is a $29,352 expense for a new car from a Ford Dealership in Southwest Virginia. This is for a new Ford Edge (pictured) that he now drives around according to the tipster.

Seriously? The $174,000 Congressional salary isn't enough- Rick also needs to make his campaign donors pay for his new car? Even worse is if you look at his donors from various special interests that most Congressman get. The Congressional gift ban doesn't allow any contribution over $50- and even then it must be unsolicited. But I guess it is perfectly legal for a Congressman to hit up special interests to max out to their campaign account and then buy themselves a brand new car with that (untaxed) money? Unbelievable.

Not Larry Sabato: YOU HAVE WON A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

...​

There's really no argument that she did all of these things. Democrats aren't going to spend too much time or money trying to beat her. They need to move on, she's a waste of time.

It seems to me we rush to discredit/judge O'Donnell for every damned thing except her qualifications and positions. I've worked state-level campaigns and I can assure you, no one gets the finance laws 100% correct. If O'Donnell did as is described, it's embezzlement.

Let the FEC and FBI sort that out.

Can we discuss something about this chick other than her looks, age, high school occult antics, goofiness on sex, etc?

Sounds like money well spent, to me. What's a couple of months rent... and a trip to the bowling alley compared to forcing the democrat suckers to spend a million dollars trying to discredit her. O'Donnel is a smart, good looking conservative babe; no wonder the knee-jerks are scared to death.

But if the Delawarians would rather have an ugly, bald headed, commie-puke-pinko for their senator... let 'em go for it. The land of Biden has never been known for being very bright.

~Mark

Sounds like money well spent, to me. What's a couple of months rent... and a trip to the bowling alley compared to forcing the democrat suckers to spend a million dollars trying to discredit her. O'Donnel is a smart, good looking conservative babe; no wonder the knee-jerks are scared to death.

But if the Delawarians would rather have an ugly, bald headed, commie-puke-pinko for their senator... let 'em go for it. The land of Biden has never been known for being very bright.

~Mark

You'll see more desparation as the elections get closer. *WELCOME* To USMB.

These people indeed cannot stand on their record...only dirt they dig up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1uLytiAc4"]YouTube - Digging in the Dirt - Peter Gabriel[/ame]

~Mark

I think it's a good thing cons are branching out from fat old white dudes about to come out of the closet.:lol:

Forum List

Back