Compassionate Conservatism = B.S.

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df07192004.html>Politics Put Over Women and Children's Health</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>For the third consecutive year the Bush administration has decided not to release $34 million appropriated by Congress to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The administration claims that the funds are being withheld because "the fund indirectly supports Chinese government programs that force women to have abortions."1 Although this explanation is popular with Bush's conservative base, it is wholly unsupported by the facts.</blockquote>

So much for Dubbyuh's all talk-no walk compassionate conservatism. He would rather appease the regligious right-wingnuts that are a large part of his base than support programs which actually change the draconian population control policies in China to more humane approaches.

But, what does it matter...? The Chinese aren't gonna be voting for him anyways.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df07192004.html>Politics Put Over Women and Children's Health</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>For the third consecutive year the Bush administration has decided not to release $34 million appropriated by Congress to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The administration claims that the funds are being withheld because "the fund indirectly supports Chinese government programs that force women to have abortions."1 Although this explanation is popular with Bush's conservative base, it is wholly unsupported by the facts.</blockquote>

So much for Dubbyuh's all talk-no walk compassionate conservatism. He would rather appease the regligious right-wingnuts that are a large part of his base than support programs which actually change the draconian population control policies in China to more humane approaches.

But, what does it matter...? The Chinese aren't gonna be voting for him anyways.

"According to U.N. estimates, the $34 million in funds being withheld by the Bush administration this year could have helped prevent as many as 2 million unwanted pregnancies, 800,000 abortions, 4,700 maternal deaths and over 77,000 infant and child deaths."

LOL, let me get this straight.

First off this is about funds which didn't go directly to China via the UN from the USA. Meaning whatever we didn't pay for exclusively China's benefit, out of US taxpayers own pockets, over an issue they themselves should be responsible for, is a problem for you.

That is, you expect anyone to give a fuck about it in the first place.

But I do seriously enjoy the statement made from the UN above, it's deliciously deviant in that on the most warped liberal view could chalk up the host of problems to Bush personally.

See the first thing is that of the 2,000,000 unwanted preganancies in China, apparently the idea of two Chinese fucking without birth control is Bush's fault, because apparently some 34 million would stop all Chinese from fucking without birth control. Which apparently is better spend on a new submarine for the Chinese military.

Then of course the 800,000 abortions, which the UN claims ""no evidence that the UNFPA has knowingly supported or participated in the management of a program of coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization."

But voluntary abortion is part of the UN program, who contributes directly to the 800,000 in a way Bush most certainly does not.

But in some logicial contortion only a liberal like you can understand, Bush is to blame for them by not funding them?

How about outlawing abortion, period? That would take care of most of the unwanted pregnancies in the first place. People start fucking with birth control instead of assuming they can get an abortion. But that's not our business, it's Chinas', actually. Why not blame abortions on those who choose to have them, and the government and UN organization who allows and funds them. Is that too hard?

And finally maternal and child deaths are somehow traced directly to Bush and his 34 million, peanuts in the overall picture of health care in China.

800,000 abortions should be funded so that all these child deaths could be avoided? Huh?

What am I missing, besides the main fact that China isn't our problem, period.

Hmmm - awfully strange that ABC news reported this morning that the Chinese government is worried about having an inadequate number of females in its population. This drop in female births was reported as being due to abortions when parents are told that the fetus is female.

Merlin1047 said:
Hmmm - awfully strange that ABC news reported this morning that the Chinese government is worried about having an inadequate number of females in its population. This drop in female births was reported as being due to abortions when parents are told that the fetus is female.

I remember a time when families were taxed for having a 2nd child... is this no longer the case in China?

I'm wondering how much of a cut the UN was going to get out of the deal. An abortion for rice scandal in the making ?

dilloduck said:
I'm wondering how much of a cut the UN was going to get out of the deal. An abortion for rice scandal in the making ?

Does Bullypulpit respond to his own posts or is this trolling on his part?

Do I waste my time here?

Bullypulpit said:

actually, very good point. if they are not US citizens, why should we be footin the bill for anything?

DOH!

Bullypulpit said:

Let's see... Bush denies funding to a program that supports the forced abortion of Chinese babies. That sounds extremely compassionate to me. And the pro-life position is, of course, the conservative one. So I think you should have titled your thread "Bush Shows His Compassionate Conservative Colors Again."

gop_jeff said:
Let's see... Bush denies funding to a program that supports the forced abortion of Chinese babies. That sounds extremely compassionate to me. And the pro-life position is, of course, the conservative one. So I think you should have titled your thread "Bush Shows His Compassionate Conservative Colors Again."

That's all assuming that our 34 million would have helped curtail abortions by funding a program that supports abortion.

And like I said that 34 million we are supposed to spend on Chinese health care is something the Chinese government could easily make up for themselves.

Assuming they instead already used the same funds and then some to develope this new submarine fielded to directly oppose our own Navy in a future conflict, I guess Bully is saying WE AMERICANS should make up for the shortfall in their budget.

All in all this has certainly been the most retarded post I've seen from Bully, who apparently trolls regularly without showing a willingness to argue his posts in followup.

dilloduck said:

That's one of the things that crossed my mind. I wouldn't trust the UN with my pocket change right now, much less $34 million.

Bullypulpit said:

All that needs to be said. :gives:

Doomer said:
That not a media site. Thats a "look for any reason to make Bush look bad" and post it site.

Dubbyuh doesn't need any help making himself look bad, he does quite well all by his widdle self. ;)

Gop guy said:
Is that troll ever going to leave? :bat:

His radically left wing anti-Christian rants are gettin on my nerves.

Not on yer life...Oooh! Spank me and make me call you momma! :teeth:

Comrade said:
OMG, that new avatar scares the hell out of me!

Nice photoshop Bully!

:hail:

Glad you like it...Some complained (not to me) that the previous avatar was "offensive". They should be careful what they wish for. :)

Bullypulpit said:
Glad you like it...Some complained (not to me) that the previous avatar was "offensive". They should be careful what they wish for. :)

yes, it is a nice pic of John Kerry.

What a country we live in where we can put our president down in such a derogatory manner. Drawing him into a monkey face, I love it, reminds me of when I was in the 5th grade and drew one of my teacher.

Forum List

Back