Compassion For The Cruel????

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1.The current Pope, Pope Francis, goes out of his way to disabuse folks, Catholics, of the notion of papal infallibility. This individual, the product of Latin American Marxist liberation theology, makes clear that he both is ignorant on so very many issues, and that he doesn’t mind revealing same.

Never mind Trump, this is the one who should be impeached.

2. Here, an example of the issue at hand: the death penalty.

“In the middle of the night on July 23, 2007, two men entered the Cheshire, Connecticut, home of Dr. William Petit Jr. and his family. They nearly beat Dr. Petit to death with a baseball bat. Then, one of the men raped his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and the other man sexually assaulted her 11-year-old daughter, Michaela -- an assault he photographed with his cellphone. Dr. Petit managed to escape, but Hawke-Petit was strangled to death; Michaela and Hawke-Petit's other daughter, Hayley, were tied to their beds; and the house was doused with gasoline and set on fire.”
Pope Francis Rewrites Catholicism ... and the Bible

3. Supposedly speaking for Catholic Christianity, and, indirectly, for Judeo-Christians et al, Pope Francis, states: “ it is immoral to execute any murderer -- no matter how heinous the murder, no matter how many innocents he has murdered, no matter how incontrovertible the proof of guilt -- is an expression of emotion, not of reason or natural law or Christian theology or biblical theology.” Ibid.

4. “After 2,000 years of teaching that a moral use of capital punishment for murder is consistent with Catholic teaching, the pope announced that the catechism, the church fathers and St. Thomas Aquinas, among the other great Catholic theologians, were all wrong.

And God and the Bible? They're wrong, too.

5. …the Bible makes it clear capital punishment for murder is applicable to all of humanity. It is the first law God gives Noah after the flood, after commanding him to be fruitful and multiply. Putting murderers to death is therefore the first moral law God gives the world.

Why this draconian penalty for murder? Because the penalty is a statement about the seriousness of a crime, and the God of the Bible deems the wrongful, deliberate taking of a human life the pinnacle of injustice. Allowing all murderers to keep their own lives diminishes the evil of murder and thereby cheapens the worth of the human being. In God's words, "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image" (Genesis 9:6)

It is precisely to preserve the unique worth of the human being that the Bible mandates putting murderers to death.”
Ibid.

Democrat President’s ignore their oath to the Constitution, and certain Popes, the Bible.

It's because the Pope is always drunk. They need to get him into rehab.

1.The current Pope, Pope Francis, goes out of his way to disabuse folks, Catholics, of the notion of papal infallibility. This individual, the product of Latin American Marxist liberation theology, makes clear that he both is ignorant on so very many issues, and that he doesn’t mind revealing same.

“In the middle of the night on July 23, 2007, two men entered the Cheshire, Connecticut, home of Dr. William Petit Jr. and his family. They nearly beat Dr. Petit to death with a baseball bat. Then, one of the men raped his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and the other man sexually assaulted her 11-year-old daughter, Michaela -- an assault he photographed with his cellphone. Dr. Petit managed to escape, but Hawke-Petit was strangled to death; Michaela and Hawke-Petit's other daughter, Hayley, were tied to their beds; and the house was doused with gasoline and set on fire.”

3. Supposedly speaking for Catholic Christianity, and, indirectly, for Judeo-Christians et al, Pope Francis, states: “ it is immoral to execute any murderer -- no matter how heinous the murder, no matter how many innocents he has murdered, no matter how incontrovertible the proof of guilt -- is an expression of emotion, not of reason or natural law or Christian theology or biblical theology.” Ibid.

4. “After 2,000 years of teaching that a moral use of capital punishment for murder is consistent with Catholic teaching, the pope announced that the catechism, the church fathers and St. Thomas Aquinas, among the other great Catholic theologians, were all wrong.

5. …the Bible makes it clear capital punishment for murder is applicable to all of humanity. It is the first law God gives Noah after the flood, after commanding him to be fruitful and multiply. Putting murderers to death is therefore the first moral law God gives the world.

Why this draconian penalty for murder? Because the penalty is a statement about the seriousness of a crime, and the God of the Bible deems the wrongful, deliberate taking of a human life the pinnacle of injustice. Allowing all murderers to keep their own lives diminishes the evil of murder and thereby cheapens the worth of the human being. In God's words, "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image" (Genesis 9:6)

It is precisely to preserve the unique worth of the human being that the Bible mandates putting murderers to death.”
Ibid.

Democrat President’s ignore their oath to the Constitution, and certain Popes, the Bible.

sheeeeesh ----a few hours ago, I agreed with Pic (of all people) and NOW-----I have to (I AM FORCED) agree with Pol Chic
da world is coming to an end
I kinda recall that pope john paul may have been helped into paradise---
anyone think Francis is next?

Is the Nazi Pope still hanging on drooling all over himself? Or is he in Hell yet?

Ibid.

sheeeeesh ----a few hours ago, I agreed with Pic (of all people) and NOW-----I have to (I AM FORCED) agree with Pol Chic
da world is coming to an end
I kinda recall that pope john paul may have been helped into paradise---
anyone think Francis is next?

See that....there is hope for you.

Dennis Prager makes some good points but he ignores the New Testament. A couple examples: Jesus said, You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. (Matthew 5:38) Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody. (Romans 12:17)

There is another thread on this topic here. I won't repeat myself. I'll add this though. I'm no Pope Francis fan, but his views on this issue are not out of keeping with the Bible as Prager suggests.

There have been some dud Popes over the past 2000 years. God has his plan for those just as he does for the good Popes. If a Pope was "impeached" every time there were disagreements, there'd be quite a lot of turnover.

Offer compassion to the cruel? Yeah. It's a difficult concept. I don't like it either. I'm not sure I'm on board with this capital punishment is wrong all the time idea. Still, Francis might be right. After all, anybody is says it's easy to follow Jesus is probably not on the narrow path, ya know?

Last edited:
Dennis Prager makes some good points but he ignores the New Testament. A couple examples: Jesus said, You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. (Matthew 5:38) Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody. (Romans 12:17)

There is another thread on this topic here. I won't repeat myself. I'll add this though. I'm no Pope Francis fan, but his views on this issue are not out of keeping with the Bible as Prager suggests.

There have been some dud Popes over the past 2000 years. God has his plan for those just as he does for the good Popes. If a Pope was "impeached" every time there were disagreements, there'd be quite a lot of turnover.

Offer compassion to the cruel? Yeah. It's a difficult concept. I don't like it either. I'm not sure I'm on board with this capital punishment is wrong all the time idea. Still, Francis might be right. After all, anybody is says it's easy to follow Jesus is probably not on the narrow path, ya know?

"Offer compassion to the cruel? Yeah. It's difficult. I don't like it either. "

So I can count on your vote?

BTW....

"This is a departure from what the document, approved under Pope John Paul II in 1992, says on the matter: “Assuming that the guilty party’s identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty, if this is the only possible way of effectively defending human lives against the unjust aggressor.”
Pope Francis: Death penalty is definitely and completely "inadmissible under any circumstances"

Offer compassion to the cruel? Yeah. It's difficult. I don't like it either. But anybody is says it's easy to follow Jesus is probably not on the narrow path, ya know?

my personal opinion of MATTHEW, and john and luke is-----they had
never met Jesus. They expressed ideas of their own. Sometimes
there are people from whom EVIL SPRINGS for a long time----
THEY NEED HANG'en. Pilate and Caiaphas in days of old-----
more recently Pol Pot, Saddam, Assad ------etc

What does that mean?

I have compassion for Manafort, if only he has not been so darn greedy, now he can spend his life behind bars.

Offer compassion to the cruel? Yeah. It's difficult. I don't like it either. But anybody is says it's easy to follow Jesus is probably not on the narrow path, ya know?

my personal opinion of MATTHEW, and john and luke is-----they had
never met Jesus. They expressed ideas of their own. Sometimes
there are people from whom EVIL SPRINGS for a long time----
THEY NEED HANG'en. Pilate and Caiaphas in days of old-----
more recently Pol Pot, Saddam, Assad ------etc

As I have posted before, and I agree with you bringing this up, EVIL exists, and refusal to recognize this is a hallmark of Leftist doctrine.

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

I have compassion for Manafort, if only he has not been so darn greedy, now he can spend his life behind bars.

Oh. Maybe you missed the Best Pope Ever's remarks on forgiveness and mercy!

What does that mean?

What does that mean?
Now you're playing games. If you read my post you would know the answer to that.

Either explain what you meant by "So I can count on your vote?" or move on.

Forum List

Back