Comparison of the payback periods of different kinds of heating (by years)

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
A TASK:
1. Calculate which fuel you should use for HEATING your home.
2. Calculating the FULL cost of heating, washing, cooking is not the task.
================================================== ===============
Your own home is an unthinkable dream for an American, but if they have a lot of dollars and built a house, they must be able to calculate which fuel is cheaper for heating ...

Now let's try ....
You should understand the following questions very clearly:
These questions are INTERNATIONAL, therefore they are the same for Russia, Europe and Ameria ..

THEORY
1. Types of fuel:
- Natural gas (Methane)
- Balloon gas (Propane + Butane)
- Electricity
- Firewood
These types of fuel are "indicative", that is, if you calculate the costs for them, then you can calculate the costs for other fuel: gasoline, diesel fuel, coal, wood pellets and so on ...

2. Equipment for these types of heating:

2.1 Natural gas - gas boiler (1) + water heating circuit + radiators
2.2 Balloon gas - gas boiler (2) + water heating circuit + radiators

2.3 Electricity:
- Electric boiler + water heating circuit + radiators
- Electric heater without boiler (there are a lot of options)

2.4. Firewood:
- Brick stove with accumulation of heat
- Metal furnace "slow burning" without accumulation
The fireplace (Камин) is not considered, as this is not a source of heating, but complete nonsense ...

3. The cost of connection, installation, purchase of equipment, depreciation, repair and maintenance (so far, I will write briefly, but then I will tell you about real figures)

3.1 Natural gas is a very expensive connection! The equipment is inexpensive, but it requires constant repairs. It serves no more than 10 years
3.2 Balloon gas - Free connection (gasholder) The equipment is expensive, requires constant repairs. It serves no more than 10 years
3.3 Electricity - Connection depends on the Laws of the Country (In Russia - for free) The equipment is cheap, does not require permanent repairs. It serves more than 20 years
3.4 Firewood
- The cost of a brick kiln depends on your preferences. Requires repair every year. Serves your whole life
- The cost of a metal furnace is small. Requires repair every year. Serves 5 years

4. Other expenses, about which everyone forgets:
4.1 Trunk gas - in order to have such a gas, you must register your home as a "connection to a common network" (in Russia - a capital house). You will pay huge taxes
4.2 - 4.4 All the rest - small taxes

• Banned
OK...
Now let's move on to PRACTICE

Calculation of costs by fuel types ...
You live in any country and pay "in a counter for energy consumption" ...
What counts the counter?
- the counter counts the consumption of gallons, cubic meters, liters, watts of electricity ... In other words, the "counter" will not show you a comparison between
- Natural gas (Methane)
- Electricity
- and, all the more, Firewood :))
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
You are deceived ....
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
To compare costs, you must compare the difference in these types of fuel in the international systems 1 kW * h!
KW * h is the energy that is released when a fuel unit is burned or electricity is consumed within 1 hour.
You must recalculate the cost of gallons, cubic meters, liters, watts in kWh!

================================================== ==============
For the recalculation of all types of fuel, I can write a whole page of physical formulas that take into account the specific heat of combustion, the density and arrangement of a gas "pair" for liquid gas ...
Fortunately, there are Tables that allow you to do this very quickly:
In Russia - this is the table.
Теплотворная способность различных видов топлива. Сравнительный анализ
I believe that in America, you too can find such tables

1 kWh for Russia (I changed the data, because this table is obsolete)
- Natural gas - 0.5 rub
- Balloon gas - 3 rubles
- Electricity - 5 rubles
- Firewood - 1-2 rubles (depending on the type of firewood), let's take 1.7

1 USD = 60 RUR

Americans, you can find the same table on the Internet and get your data, how much is 1 kWh in America!

The next question ...
How many kilowatts do you need to heat your home?
In Russia and Europe there is a STANDARD that regulates possible heat loss ... In America, "freedom and democracy," so there is no standard ...
In Russia - SNIP, in Europe - DIN.

These standards require that your home be insulated and not allow heat loss more than approved by the STANDARD.
If your house is insulated with STANDARD, then, according to Russian standards of heating, you will need:
- 0.5 - 0.8 kWh for heating 10 m2 in the south of Russia
- 1 - 1.3 kWh for heating 10 m2 in the European Center of Russia
- 1,5 - 2 kWh for heating 10 m2 in Siberia and North of Russia

Now I will make the following assumption
- All calculations will be for a house heated by an area of 100 m2, a ceiling height of 2.5 meters
- You constantly live in this house
- To the question "more is spent in winter than in summer" - a simple answer: According to the SNIP, it is assumed that in the year of 220 heated days (coefficient = 220/365 = 0.6)
- I give calculations for Russia, but I note, where possible, references for Americans, therefore, I establish (simplify) that the HOUSE IS DENIED AND it requires 1 kWh per 10 m2

Let's continue ...
ITEM1 Fuel types:

Calculation of the cost of heating for the house is usually given for the year.
In the year of 8760 hours, the coefficient = 0.6, therefore, the cost of heating the house 100 m2 per year:
- Natural gas - 26 280 rubles
- Balloon gas - 150 480 rubles
- Electricity - 262 800 rub
- Firewood - 89 350 rub
Now, let's take into account the efficiency of the equipment (boilers, stoves)
- Natural gas - 0.85
- Balloon gas - 0.85
- Electricity - 0,95
- Firewood - 0,6 - 0,8, let's take 0,7
Thus, the adjusted cost of heating the house 100 m2 per year:
- Natural gas - 30 918 rub
- Balloon gas - 177 035 rub
- Electricity - 276 631 rubles
- Firewood - 127 642 rub

ITEM2 Equipment for these types of heating:
For a power of 10 kWh and a house of 100 m2:
- Natural gas - Boiler + Contour + Radiators - 50 000 rub
- Balloon gas - Gazgolder + Boiler + Contour + Radiators - 350 000 rub
- Electricity
---- Boiler + Contour + Radiators - 50 000 rub
---- A simple heating element - 10 000 rubles .... This is nonsense ...
- Firewood
--- brick oven - 500 000 rub
---- metal oven - 100 000 This is bullshit ...

POINT 3. Cost of connection, installation, purchase of equipment, depreciation, repair and maintenance
- Natural gas -
Connection: 500 000 - 1 000 000 rub
Amortization of the boiler 10 years
Repair, maintenance every year 1 000 rub

- Balloon gas -
Connection 0 rub
Amortization of the boiler 10 years

- Electricity
Connection 0 rub
Amortization of the boiler 20 years
Repair, maintenance every year 500 rub

- Firewood
Connection: 0 rub
Amortization - for life

ITEM4. Other expenses, about which everyone forgets: (taxes, if you register your home)
- Natural gas - 15 000 rubles per year
Other types of heating do not require registration at home

======================================================================
Now, let's build a payback schedule ...

Graf.JPG

A TASK:
1. Calculate which fuel you should use for HEATING your home.
2. Calculating the FULL cost of heating, washing, cooking is not the task.
Your own home is an unthinkable dream for an American, but if they have a lot of dollars and built a house, they must be able to calculate which fuel is cheaper for heating ...

Now let's try ....
You should understand the following questions very clearly:
These questions are INTERNATIONAL, therefore they are the same for Russia, Europe and Ameria ..

THEORY
1. Types of fuel:
- Natural gas (Methane)
- Electricity
- Firewood
These types of fuel are "indicative", that is, if you calculate the costs for them, then you can calculate the costs for other fuel: gasoline, diesel fuel, coal, wood pellets and so on ...

2. Equipment for these types of heating:

2.1 Natural gas - gas boiler (1) + water heating circuit + radiators
2.2 Balloon gas - gas boiler (2) + water heating circuit + radiators

2.3 Electricity:
- Electric boiler + water heating circuit + radiators
- Electric heater without boiler (there are a lot of options)

2.4. Firewood:
- Brick stove with accumulation of heat
- Metal furnace "slow burning" without accumulation
The fireplace (Камин) is not considered, as this is not a source of heating, but complete nonsense ...

3. The cost of connection, installation, purchase of equipment, depreciation, repair and maintenance (so far, I will write briefly, but then I will tell you about real figures)

3.1 Natural gas is a very expensive connection! The equipment is inexpensive, but it requires constant repairs. It serves no more than 10 years
3.2 Balloon gas - Free connection (gasholder) The equipment is expensive, requires constant repairs. It serves no more than 10 years
3.3 Electricity - Connection depends on the Laws of the Country (In Russia - for free) The equipment is cheap, does not require permanent repairs. It serves more than 20 years
3.4 Firewood
- The cost of a brick kiln depends on your preferences. Requires repair every year. Serves your whole life
- The cost of a metal furnace is small. Requires repair every year. Serves 5 years

4. Other expenses, about which everyone forgets:
4.1 Trunk gas - in order to have such a gas, you must register your home as a "connection to a common network" (in Russia - a capital house). You will pay huge taxes
4.2 - 4.4 All the rest - small taxes
It's too complicated for Americans. Let them eat hamburgers and pay as much as possible for heating. That's correct

You should probably do something more productive with your time.

Starts screeching American pig, who realizes that now it will be cut and there is nothing he cannot do.

You should probably do something more productive with your time.
:iyfyus.jpg:

• Banned
The topic was created not for scandal, but for information.
- There are doubts - argue
- No doubt - be silent.
-------------------------------------------------- -
Otherwise, Daddy gives you all in the face :04:

I believe that this creature G. T. begs for a long time to ignore. So politely asked to пошел нахуй
You're in ignore

I believe that this creature G. T. begs for a long time to ignore. So politely asked to пошел нахуй
You're in ignore
^ This was not a coherent communication. Worse than a hood rat in Detroit.

I believe that this creature G.T. begs for a long time to ignore. So politely asked to пошел нахуй
You're in ignore
It's strange that you still talked with this shit ...

David Hasselhof has spoken. Salami and Bacon.

Two clowns talk and each has all of their "Thank Yous" only from the other. :laughing0301:

It doesn't take a Soviet rocket scientist to figure out that the quickest return is with natural gas which is an alkane and should not be confused with pure methane. Electricity has the worst payback obviously because of the costly and inefficient conversion of an electrical current into radiative heat I2R losses whereas natural gas offers the simplest direct chemical to heat conversion. No other factors need be considered. The other two forms should only be considered where supply is practical and there is no other choice. Funny that these Soviet Boyz object to me even though I am the only one who ever really answers their questions and they are mad because I know enough to prove them wrong on most everything.

I should be charging them for my information! They take the simple and try to make it hard but I take their hard and make it simple. Just like their limp dicks.

David Hasselhof has spoken. Salami and Bacon.

Two clowns talk and each has all of their "Thank Yous" only from the other. :laughing0301:

It doesn't take a Soviet rocket scientist to figure out that the quickest return is with natural gas which is an alkane and should not be confused with pure methane. Electricity has the worst payback obviously because of the costly and inefficient conversion of an electrical current into radiative heat I2R losses whereas natural gas offers the simplest direct chemical to heat conversion. No other factors need be considered. The other two forms should only be considered where supply is practical and there is no other choice. Funny that these Soviet Boyz object to me even though I am the only one who ever really answers their questions and they are mad because I know enough to prove them wrong on most everything.

I should be charging them for my information! They take the simple and try to make it hard but I take their hard and make it simple. Just like their limp dicks.

Ukrainian pig, when will you show up in real life?

image%3A26883.png

Forum List

Back