Comparison DC Mall Pictures - Glenn Beck's Tea-Bagger Protest vs Obama's Inauguration

You are misintepreting yesterday's supporting narraative, and that is why your syllogism has fallen.

1) The teaparties have been planning events, including this one, for a long time. ....
True, as was the Inauguration. Cancelled out.

].... 2) Screaming and hating nationally against a bicracial president were the first such a kind of events. ....
Not based on facts or reality. Irrelvant.

.... 3) The teaparties have been promoted, hyped, and pushed by rightist media right up to the event. ....
And an election was ignored by the media. Idiotic.

.... What is true is this. BHO and the coming legislation are relevant, the Right's resistance is not.
Fascism ignores the opposition. Good luck with that.

The comparisons is relevant, only a moron would say its not.

No, not really.

The inauguration of a black President is truly a historic event. There will never be another day in history when the first black President is sworn in. Yesterday was just a tax protest.

A better comparison is to the anti-Iraq war marches or the anti-globalization mob.

My guess is that it's because the protest was held on a Saturday. People called out of work on a Monday but weren't willing to give up their precious weekend. J/K

My guess is that the inauguration was legitimately a more historic and more profound event.

You can't compare the two. The inauguration was truly a historic event. That would have been true if black Republican sworn in.

I know. Thats what I've been saying.

The two are wildly dissimilar events. Both in scope, historical significance and efforts spent on the organization of them.

You are misintepreting yesterday's supporting narraative, and that is why your syllogism has fallen.

1) The teaparties have been planning events, including this one, for a long time.
2) Screaming and hating nationally against a bicracial president were the first such a kind of events.
3) The teaparties have been promoted, hyped, and pushed by rightist media right up to the event.

What is true is this. BHO and the coming legislation are relevant, the Right's resistance is not.

Why do people attempt to bring race into a subject that has nothing to do with race?
Is it because calling it hate and trying to claim that it is racially motivated is just easier than using facts?

The thing is that these people with their signs DIRECTELY attacking Obama that have NOTHING to do with the "true" issues that they are protesting(would mean a lot more if they had showed up during the last eight years) turns of ANY moderate or independents. My advise to any Republicans is reign in these FAR REICH EXTREMISTS because they are REALLY turning people off.

Oh and I think the one sign from the first tea party.............MORAN sums up these people.

The thing is that these people with their signs DIRECTELY attacking Obama that have NOTHING to do with the "true" issues that they are protesting(would mean a lot more if they had showed up during the last eight years) ....
Let's see the source which indicates that these people did not protest the war, for example. I'd like to know on what you base such a conclusion.

Michelle Malkin says it was 2 million. Fire and police say 30,000 is being "generous.'

The RW Media is calling it a roaring success. ABC News says...not so much.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

The thing is that these people with their signs DIRECTELY attacking Obama that have NOTHING to do with the "true" issues that they are protesting(would mean a lot more if they had showed up during the last eight years) ....
Let's see the source which indicates that these people did not protest the war, for example. I'd like to know on what you base such a conclusion.

I base my conclusion on the SIGNS they are carrying!!

Read the freaking SIGNS and then tell me that they are protesting health care/ taxes.

And if you could explain where all these "two million" people were during the BUSH admin the one that set our civil liberties and world standing back about 60 years while adding $5 TRILLION to our debt that would be worth reading.

How I Missed The 2 Million Man Teabagging Flash Mob Today
By kombiz Sunday Sep 13, 2009 8:00am

mallpicture.jpg

The Article said:
I apparently missed the largest flash mob in American history today, and it took place just a few blocks from my house. Michelle Malkin and the redstaters have been abuzz about how there were more than two million people marching on Washington today, (that would make it bigger than even the inauguration) but all anyone who wasn't a right-winger saw today was 30,000 to 60,000 right-wingers bused in from around the country.

Here's what the organizers themselves told us to expect. Dick Armey told the right-wing Newsmax that they're generating hundreds of responses in interest to the 9/12 March. The tea party patriots told us that they were expecting as many as one million to turn out and that they had permits for a one million man march on Washington.

After reading breathlessly on the twitter feeds of several right-wingers that millions of people were descending on the capital, Michelle Malkin on her blog estimated two million people. I went up to take pictures of crazy signs, of which there were many, many, many, many samples.

Now, there were real people at the rally. At certain points organizers for different county Republican parties would use a bullhorn to try to round up their members back to the buses for the trip back to Pennsylvania and Virginia. But one would think that after six months of organizing by Fox News and local Republican parties, the 9/12 protests could get more than thirty to sixty thousand people to come out to D.C. After all, there's apparently a groundswell of anger at the President. If nothing else, there's got to be more than 30,000 Republicans who live around the DC area.

I wanted to provide some perspective about the difference between thirty thousand people and one million people. For reference, the teabaggers were mostly in front of the Capitol and around the Capitol's reflecting pool. For anyone not familiar with DC, they were directly to the east of 3rd Street in Washington.

For reference, I crossed 3rd Street and took a picture facing west from the Capitol at the Washington Monument, similar to some of the crowd shots we'd seen after the inauguration. Here's the difference between the teabaggers' protest today vs. President Obama's inaguration crowd, which included anywhere from 1 million to 1.5 million people. So, what happened to all that grassroots anger?
How I missed the 2 million man teabagging flash mob today | Crooks and Liars

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Last edited:

I base my conclusion on the SIGNS they are carrying!! ....
What signs that were carried at both cause you to conclude that there was no intersection of the two sets. Get specific.

.... Read the freaking SIGNS and then tell me that they are protesting health care/ taxes. ....
I did; most were.

.... And if you could explain where all these "two million" people were during the BUSH admin the one that set our civil liberties and world standing back about 60 years while adding $5 TRILLION to our debt that would be worth reading.
Many, perhaps most, were pissed off with the administration, that's where.

Now, source? All I see is your gut feel and that gut feel doesn't even make much logical sense.

Last edited:
.... Fire and police say 30,000 is being "generous.' ....
Source?

Shuster: "Freedomworks says their dc demonstration attracted 30,000 people. Park police official says that is being 'generous.' " | Media Matters for America

Its funny how the Iraq war got practically NO media coverage and the protests were ongoing and they DWARFED each and every or any Tea-Bag party you can produce.

Yet, these minuscule RWer screaming schmucks get constant coverage over their false protests and faux outrage.

Liberal Media at work huh?

Lets review some of these pics and examine their merits shall we?

Waterboard-Obama-450x600.jpg

Anti-Christ-450x600.jpg

markofthebeast-450x600.jpg

devilhorns-450x600.jpg

Judge-Him-450x600.jpg

eugenics-450x600.jpg

comrads-450x600.jpg

And this is but a fraction of the folly. Many more where they came from.

Anyone trying to compare the two events, in any way, is a moron.

And that includes you Marco.

And that includes anyone that isn't aware that the neo con morons had been working on this protest since early in the year. At least 8 months. How long was Obamas inauguration planned and implemented? Where were all the wack wing celebrities? 800,000 vist DC every week. 80,000??? There were ten times that number looking at the sights.

Last edited:
Yes, radio, they do compare, and you are wrong. The facts and the logical interpretation therein prove it.

No, they do not.

1) The inauguration was planned for months.
2) The inauguration was a first time in history kind of event
3) The inauguration was promoted, hyped and talked about, rightfully so, all over the media leading up to the event.

The protests yesterday had none of these factors in play.

If you leave out these facts from your equation, your interpretation will be faulty, and not at all logical.

The two do not compare. At all.

Not to mention (he said as he went ahead and mentioned it) --

the Inauguration was a one time event held in just one location on that one day.

The Tea Parties have been held all over and on many days and are still on-going.

The crowd comparison in those photos is pretty misleading even standing alone, for a number of reasons. But more to the point, the Tea Parties are not a stand-alone event.

.... Fire and police say 30,000 is being "generous.' ....
Source?

Shuster: "Freedomworks says their dc demonstration attracted 30,000 people. Park police official says that is being 'generous.' " | Media Matters for America

Its funny how the Iraq war got practically NO media coverage and the protests were ongoing and they DWARFED each and every or any Tea-Bag party you can produce.

Yet, these minuscule RWer screaming schmucks get constant coverage over their false protests and faux outrage.

Liberal Media at work huh?
Bwahahahaha.
Hey, do you remember all the media coverage Cindy Sheehan got when she protested the war at a place called Crawford Texas?
Do you remember all the media coverage Cindy Sheehan got when she protested the war at a place called Martha's Vineyard?
At both protests, a sitting president was on vacation at the time. Which one did the media ignore?

Forum List

Back