Comparing Obama's 2011 Return with Romney's

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011

Obama's had an adjusted gross income of $789,674 on which they paid $162,074 in taxes.
They had an effective federal tax rate of 20.5 percent.
The Obamas donated $172,130 to 39 charities which is 21.7 percent of their income.

href="http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/04/obamas_2012_income_tax_return.html">Obama's 2012 income tax return: $789,674 adjusted gross income in 2011. Chicago charitable donations - Lynn Sweet

The Romney's paid 14.1 percent on $13.7 million of income.

They are claiming that their rate averaged 20.2 percent over a 20.2 percent over a 20 year period. There is no documentation to back that up.

What is odd is that the Romney's donated more than $4 million to charity but claimed only $2.25 million.
Total charity is 16.4 percent of their income.

Had they taken the full deduction their effective tax rate would have been reduced to below 10 percent.

Since tax returns can be amended up to 3 years beyond filing, the Romney's can claim the full deductions later and get a refund from the IRS.

Romney's 2011 Tax Return Gives More Fodder To Critics Who Already Had Surplus : It's All Politics : NPR

I expect the rw's will whine and wail because of the source and of course, they are more than welcome to PROVE the figures are incorrect.

(A friend sent this to me. I did not write it myself.)

Luddly it's a dead issue, who gives a shit....man why dont you put up a candidate that you can talk about issues and accomplishments and not this bullshit....God you are quinessential useful idiot......from now on I shall call you Luddly Sheehan

Luddly it's a dead issue, who gives a shit....man why dont you put up a candidate that you can talk about issues and accomplishments and not this bullshit....God you are quinessential useful idiot......from now on I shall call you Luddly Sheehan

He has to lie - and then disclaim his lie by saying it was written by someone else - in order to start yet another thread on this dead horse. Sad, but kind of funny.

They don't want to talk about the issues,for one the issues are over people like Luddly heads,and Obama's record is poor.

Its like kriptonite to them

What is with you idiots and this envy bullshit?

Romney had probably given more to charity in the last year or two than all of youcyou combined with Obama over your entire lives. So who cares for the poor more? Stick that in your fucking envy pipe and smoke it

Romney had probably given more to charity in the last year or two than all of youcyou combined with Obama over your entire lives. So who cares for the poor more? Stick that in your fucking envy pipe and smoke it

He gave more......but but but the percentages aren't enough.

Giving millions of dollars means less to a rich guy than a poor guy giving a penny.......

It's the fucken principle of the thing.....not the reality.

Obama's had an adjusted gross income of $789,674 on which they paid $162,074 in taxes.
The Obamas donated $172,130 to 39 charities which is 21.7 percent of their income.

href="http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/04/obamas_2012_income_tax_return.html">Obama's 2012 income tax return: $789,674 adjusted gross income in 2011. Chicago charitable donations - Lynn Sweet

They are claiming that their rate averaged 20.2 percent over a 20.2 percent over a 20 year period. There is no documentation to back that up.

What is odd is that the Romney's donated more than $4 million to charity but claimed only $2.25 million.

Had they taken the full deduction their effective tax rate would have been reduced to below 10 percent.

Since tax returns can be amended up to 3 years beyond filing, the Romney's can claim the full deductions later and get a refund from the IRS.

Romney's 2011 Tax Return Gives More Fodder To Critics Who Already Had Surplus : It's All Politics : NPR

I expect the rw's will whine and wail because of the source and of course, they are more than welcome to PROVE the figures are incorrect.

Are you accusing Price Waterhouse Cooper of lieing?

Luddy is a Returner.

Don't listen to a bunch of Returners,

Are you accusing Price Waterhouse Cooper of lieing?

Perhaps he thinks Price Waterhouse Cooper is a friend of Romney's? :lol:

It's not that Mitt Romney is rich, doesn't really matter. Everyone in Washington is rich. It's their view and attitude towords the lower class that matters. Democrats help too much when it comes to the lower class and the Republicans don't want to help the lower class at all, but will help the upper class. This is the problem with Mitt Romney.

It's not that Mitt Romney is rich, doesn't really matter. Everyone in Washington is rich. It's their view and attitude towords the lower class that matters. Democrats help too much when it comes to the lower class and the Republicans don't want to help the lower class at all, but will help the upper class. This is the problem with Mitt Romney.

On what basis do you say that Republicans do not wish to help the lower class at all?

On what basis do you say that Republicans do not wish to help the lower class at all?

Are there Republicans I don't know of that are for Welfare, Food Stamps, housing subsidies, or lower tax rates for lower income families?

Forum List

Back