Compare Socialized Medicine to the American Mess.

A democracy causes problems with legislation. To appeal to both sides of the aisle bills are written that are not clean nor totally sensible. America will someday have an adequate medicial program but it will be a step by step procedure, and in the process will be inadequate, primitive and costly. Social Security was relatively fast because of the Great Depression crisis, but it too has been modified over the years, and is still being fought by Republicans.

No, we just need to reintroduce the free market back into the equation.

Free market health care is an oxymoron. A captive market can never be a free market. When the buyer has no choice but to buy, the transaction cannot be free.

There is always choice. Trying to deny it is the source of the problem.

Well, technically, yes, there is. People can go without needed health care, suffer and die. That's a choice. Doesn't really change what I was saying, though.

You mean incapable of buying into your Ayn Rand/Ron Paul theories of darwin, supply and demand, free markets, regulations are bad, every man for himself rather than we are all in this together? Rather than I am my brothers keeper? The weak will parish, right?

You can't even get Republicans to buy into Ron Paul. He's a joke. And you'll end up voting for Romney or Santorum or whoever they decide is your master.

You people, like Rush, are wrong and assholes. Forget about intelligent. That's a joke.

And from now on, I don't give a shit if you are a Ron Paul Republican or a Tea Bagger Republican or a Religious Nut Republican or a Classic Conservative Republican. Your entire party is hogshit! Get a clue! We are taking back the country, and not with Ron Paul's ideas or Romneys or Santorums or Bachmann or Newt or Herman Cains.

All subjective statements that make you feel better......but are even more hollow than Nancy Pelosi.

You are not taking anything back. You had it, you lost it.

You lost the house.

You lose the super majority and now you lose the senate.

And quite possibly the WH.

I can't wait.

Free market health care is an oxymoron. A captive market can never be a free market. When the buyer has no choice but to buy, the transaction cannot be free.

Well, technically, yes, there is. People can go without needed health care, suffer and die. That's a choice. Doesn't really change what I was saying, though.

Oh, come on. That's not the only choice. There's a wide array of options between that extreme and simply paying whatever a doctor or drug company demands. It's our state of denial about this fact that is making the health care market so dysfunctional. We've bought into the misguided notion that, when it comes to healthcare, no one should ever be burdened with worrying about how much it costs. But that's worse than naive, it's deeply destructive to the market.

When people don't make value judgments, markets don't work. Unfortunately, we spent the last half-century building a health care system designed to allow people to avoid these difficult decisions and it's cost us dearly.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco]Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube[/ame]

He was so damned right about this.

Obama Care is not the answer. We need socialized medicine like they have in Germany. We are wasting scads of money on the current care system. Obama care was a step in the right direction but creates as many problems as it tried to fix.

Care to compare tax rates, dumbass?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco]Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, and he won re-election by a landslide.

Once again we see the solution before we've defined the problem.

This is a classic mistake on both sides and while I expect it from the left, the right is really screwing it up.

Usually, you start out with what problem you'd like to solve. You usually have a set of guidelines and principles that you use to arrive at your best solution.

No defintion and no agreement on principles. This argument will never end.

Obamacare is no solution because you don't know the problem.

Now, I'll wait for the "But there are a gazillion people without insurance". And someone will say, but many could afford it...they just don't want it.

And on and on and on and on......

No, we just need to reintroduce the free market back into the equation.

In the case of emergency care, you'd be correct, hence the reason for the insurance. In the case of more common less urgent care, you do have a choice. You can shop around between physicians, hospitals, and care centers. Health care was incredibly more affordable in this country before the government got involved and everyone started getting cadillac health plans that cover every sniffle and sneeze.

You can't even get Republicans to buy into Ron Paul. He's a joke. And you'll end up voting for Romney or Santorum or whoever they decide is your master.

You have no idea who I'm voting for so stop your blustering. I am my own master. I imagine that's a tough concept for you because you have to be told what to think, but not all of us are as intellectually inept as yourself.

And from now on, I don't give a shit if you are a Ron Paul Republican or a Tea Bagger Republican or a Religious Nut Republican or a Classic Conservative Republican. Your entire party is hogshit!

What party am I a member of?

Get a clue! We are taking back the country, and not with Ron Paul's ideas or Romneys or Santorums or Bachmann or Newt or Herman Cains.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? 13? 14? That's the vibe I'm getting from your infantile rants. That or it's just the frustration you're feeling from me quite easily owning your ass in every discussion.

Yeah, that's why he got reelected in a landslide. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, and he won re-election by a landslide.

:lol: Jinx

Check out France and Sweden. Two tier systems work best. And although Sweden is excellent, France I believe still rates number one as far as getting more bang for your buck.

Highly efficient. And yes I am a conservative.:eusa_angel: But I've been watching my health care system failing for years now and politics always gets in the way of just getting things improved.

The French system is the one I would favor, if we were to go down that route. It is excellent... but many French people find the cost very expensive... I'd have to ask to find out how much they pay... but having seen their system up close, it is really good.

You have no idea who I'm voting for so stop your blustering. I am my own master. I imagine that's a tough concept for you because you have to be told what to think, but not all of us are as intellectually inept as yourself.

And from now on, I don't give a shit if you are a Ron Paul Republican or a Tea Bagger Republican or a Religious Nut Republican or a Classic Conservative Republican. Your entire party is hogshit!

What party am I a member of?

Get a clue! We are taking back the country, and not with Ron Paul's ideas or Romneys or Santorums or Bachmann or Newt or Herman Cains.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? 13? 14? That's the vibe I'm getting from your infantile rants. That or it's just the frustration you're feeling from me quite easily owning your ass in every discussion.

Yes it is frustrating making so many good points and getting so little back in return and then you suggest it is you who has schooled me.

My satisfaction comes watching your side implode. You can't even admit what side you are on because then I'd back you into a corner you couldn't get out of. Then you would have to defend the fools you support. Most of you have chosen to support Ron Paul. So what I suggest is that you look into what the Commons are and decide if you want to sell the Grand Canyon to a private corporation.

We have a 2 party system. You pick one party or the other. Both are corrupt, so try to change the one that you choose for the better. Conservatives believe government is the problem and Democrats know that Government is the only solution. Corporations didn't give you raises, sick days, vacation days and 40 hour work weeks out of the kindness of their hearts.

You middle class cons voting GOP really need to wake up. The current GOP worships Ayn Rand. Google that bitch and see that the GOP are trying to create a society of greedy every man for himself society. None of you will benefit from this. You already have been hurt. Either you lost your job or their regulations cut the value of your home and 401K in half.

I can't keep explaining it to one righty at a time. But I try. So it seems like I'm ranting. Trust me dude, if you are not rich you should not be voting for any GOP candidate.

Start listening to Randi Rhodes and Thom Hartmann at least 2 days a week until you realize you have been conned.

Forum List

Back