Compare Socialized Medicine to the American Mess.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Neubarth, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    We need the Single Payer Solution to compete against the For Profit Monopolies. That will keep their rates down. They don't want this, which is how we know its a good idea.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Those stats are a lot more reflective on culture as opposed to the healthcare.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
  5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    A nice cheep sensible government run option that people can buy into if they lose their job or work for themselves. And yes, a lot of employers would stop providing healthcare if this came to be, and isn't that great? Wouldn't that eliminate a big burden on corporations not to have to deal with healthcare? They cry about Sarbanes Oxley but I bet one of HR's biggest tasks is dealing with Heatlhcare. And its costing companies a fortune. I've never understood why they don't push for a public option too.

Just let young people buy into Medicare. Whatever Medicare is, give that to us. We would actually lower the costs of medicare because we aren't old. Consider how much seniors use the doctors. A lot more than we do. So we would actually strengthen medicare.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
  7. initforme

initforme VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,332
    Pretty soon health insurance will cost too much.....except for the very wealthy
    Pretty soon drug coverage will be gone and will cost too much...except for the wealthy
    Pretty soon people will show up sick...and because they dont have any way to pay for all of it they will be denied.....except for the wealthy
    Medicare will be gone soon...tough luck senior citizens you cant afford it and it's your fault for retiring....except for the wealthy

In my eyes I see where all this is leading. And the blame should be spread out to both parties who pander to big pharma and the health insurance companies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,460
    No, we just need to reintroduce the free market back into the equation. That will bring rates down.

You don't want that. You want more government control over people's lives, which is how I know it's a good idea.

9. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,950
    Check out France and Sweden. Two tier systems work best. And although Sweden is excellent, France I believe still rates number one as far as getting more bang for your buck.

Highly efficient. And yes I am a conservative.:eusa_angel: But I've been watching my health care system failing for years now and politics always gets in the way of just getting things improved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,460
    She lives in England, dumb ass, and when did she comment on her state of health care?

Didn't you just tell me in another thread that I was the ignorant one?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012