Comparative skills of scientists.

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Jillian and old fraud and a whole host of others allways prattle on about how if it's not a climatologist speaking then the scientists opinion doesn't count. So lets do a little comparison of just how good these scientists are shall we. I will only use three disciplines as our guides but if others wish to add theirs please do so.

Geologists (after a not so gentle push from an astronomer of all things!) after spending about 20 years of diligent research and expending approximately 120 million dollars finally arrived at the all encompasing theory of plate tectonics. We have been able to show the exact mechanism of how it works, what it does, how the motion of the plates generates earthquakes, how they manufacture volcanoes, how plate subduction basically is the engine that runs the world as we know it. Not too bad an investment.

Physicists after the expenditure of 2 billion dollars (equivalent to 23 billion dollars today) over a period of three years August 1942 to August 1945 gave us the atomic bombs that ended WWII and started the nuclear power industry very shortly after that.

Climatologists after a period of 30 years and over 100 billion dollars have been able to tell us.........."maybe".

Not too much of an accomplishment if you ask me.

• Banned
Yeah I am sure the correct one to judge secentists qualifications and conclusions ;)

You judge based on the quality of their work. So far the work of climatologists is laughable. That is of course if it is not fraudulent first:eusa_shhh:

Lordy, lordy, Walleyes, you are one stupid ass. 20 years and 120 million dollars? Where the hell are you getting those figures from?

And your other figures, from whence do they come?

Walleyes, once again pulling bullshit figures out of his ass.

• Banned
Lordy, lordy, Walleyes, you are one stupid ass. 20 years and 120 million dollars? Where the hell are you getting those figures from?

And your other figures, from whence do they come?

Walleyes, once again pulling bullshit figures out of his ass.

The figure for geology is an estimate based on personal knowledge. The figure's for the other two are based on the following.

Quadrant Online - The science of deceit

The Costs of the Manhattan Project - Brookings Institution

Got anything else troll?

Personal knowledge of geology? You are one laughable clown. Before the Vine and Mathews paper, there was much money put into the siesmological stations around the globe. The magnetic surveys across the rift off of the straight of Juan de Fuca was hardly the only magnetic survey done on rift zones. And there were numerous studies of ophiolites, as well as international conferances, on that subject as well.

The development of the theory of plate tectonics was the result of many decades of work, much of it based on earlier work by pioneers like Wegener. And after Vine and Mathews, there was still much work to do, by men like Wilson.

Even today, there are many questions in Plate Tectonics in Geo-physics and Geo-chemistry. And the work goes on for a more complete understanding of the processes in this planet.

Personal knowledge of geology? You are one laughable clown. Before the Vine and Mathews paper, there was much money put into the siesmological stations around the globe. The magnetic surveys across the rift off of the straight of Juan de Fuca was hardly the only magnetic survey done on rift zones. And there were numerous studies of ophiolites, as well as international conferances, on that subject as well.

The development of the theory of plate tectonics was the result of many decades of work, much of it based on earlier work by pioneers like Wegener. And after Vine and Mathews, there was still much work to do, by men like Wilson.

Even today, there are many questions in Plate Tectonics in Geo-physics and Geo-chemistry. And the work goes on for a more complete understanding of the processes in this planet.

Yes , YES and you are an expert on what is science aren't you.... LOL, sooooo... Hows the propaganda posting going these days?

Got anymore of the exaggerated, misrepresented, sensational, and misleading headlines you grab and call factual science? or is there becoming a shortage lately??

Like rats leaving a sinking ship huh...:lol::lol::lol:

Suckee, the point is that a lot more than 20 years and 120 million went into the development of the theory of Plate Tectonics. A theory that Walleyes stated was superceded by some nonsense he pulled out of his ass, concerning terranes.

Suckee, the point is that a lot more than 20 years and 120 million went into the development of the theory of Plate Tectonics. A theory that Walleyes stated was superceded by some nonsense he pulled out of his ass, concerning terranes.

As I see it the real point is he made a claim you said unh-uh, and he backed that claim with evidence.... Which so fair you have ignored and simply called him dumb for it...

So...I think I got a fair grasp on this.....:lol:

Now Suckeeee....... his evidence was his "personal knowledge". His personal knowledge concerning geology has been found a bit off base several times.

Now Suckeeee....... his evidence was his "personal knowledge". His personal knowledge concerning geology has been found a bit off base several times.

Ah okay then he speaks as a person with actual real world applicable scientific experience and knowledge then... Unlike you who relies solely on what others with an agenda or vested interest in AGW deception tell you. And lie doing so habitually, I might add....:lol::lol:

Huh. Yet the objective facts of the OP are untouched by your trolling and ignored. How do you explain the incredible lack of usefulness in the field of climatology. Even Meteorology can show definitive steps forward projecting weather thanks to new technological advances we are able to watch on TV every 8 minutes on cable.

But climatology is stuck on 3 trees in Siberia who's original raw data has been 'lost' (oops I dropped it in the shredder again. Oh Butterfingers!) ice core samples from select locations, out of calibration surface stations and experiments and data models nobody can repeat.

Huh. How's that cold fusion coming along?

Thats it douchebag post your garbage anyway.... yeah how much you want to bet i can take one and show how you or they exaggerate or mislead in it.....LOL

And all of it twisted, misleading, cherry picked, fudged, made sensational or simply made up....

Forum List

Back