Comparative Religion

Please post some actual proof that Jesus actually existed or else :anj_stfu:
I'm not Catholic but I do believe their lineage goes back to Simon and he was a close friend of Jesus. Start with the current Pope and realize each one knew his predecessor.That takes us back to the first Pope, Peter aka Simon. You don't have to believe the Bible but you can't dismiss History.
Seriously, what does who the Pope knew have to do with some serious proof that Jesus actually existed? :dunno:
I thought your comprehension skills were adequate. I see I was mistaken. Carry on.

I'm not Catholic but I do believe their lineage goes back to Simon and he was a close friend of Jesus. Start with the current Pope and realize each one knew his predecessor.That takes us back to the first Pope, Peter aka Simon. You don't have to believe the Bible but you can't dismiss History.
Seriously, what does who the Pope knew have to do with some serious proof that Jesus actually existed? :dunno:
I thought your comprehension skills were adequate. I see I was mistaken. Carry on.
So explain it to me. What does who Pope Benedict knows or knew have to do with some solid proof about Jesus?:confused:

"Part I questions religions as being god-given stories, arguing that the Christian religion specifically is mainly derived from other religions, astronomical assertions, astrological myths and traditions, which in turn were derived from or shared elements with other traditions.

"In furtherance of the Jesus myth hypothesis this part argues that the historical Jesus is a literary and astrological hybrid, nurtured politically..."

What if "Jesus" is just another lie the rich tell?

Zeitgeist: The Movie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Part I questions religions as being god-given stories, arguing that the Christian religion specifically is mainly derived from other religions, astronomical assertions, astrological myths and traditions, which in turn were derived from or shared elements with other traditions. "In furtherance of the Jesus myth hypothesis this part argues that the historical Jesus is a literary and astrological hybrid, nurtured politically..." What if "Jesus" is just another lie the rich tell?
Deeeep drivel.

"Part I questions religions as being god-given stories, arguing that the Christian religion specifically is mainly derived from other religions, astronomical assertions, astrological myths and traditions, which in turn were derived from or shared elements with other traditions. "In furtherance of the Jesus myth hypothesis this part argues that the historical Jesus is a literary and astrological hybrid, nurtured politically..." What if "Jesus" is just another lie the rich tell?
Deeeep drivel.
Don't drown (too quickly), drivel:

"The Christ myth theory (also known as Jesus mythicism, the Jesus myth theory and the nonexistence hypothesis) is the idea that Jesus of Nazareth was not a historical person, but is a fictional or mythological character created by the early Christian community.[1][2][3][4]

"Some proponents argue that events or sayings associated with the figure of Jesus in the New Testament may have been drawn from one or more individuals who actually existed, but that none of them were in any sense the founder of Christianity."

Christ myth theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no doubt that some of the words attributed to Jesus---or Moses, or Muhummad or Abraham Lincoln-------have not been accurately transmitted or are even total fantasy-----but I do believe all of those characters did exist------why would anyone invent them? At the time the first three existed-----comic books had not yet been invented ------SUPERMAN---probably never existed nor did BATMAN

If Jesus did not exist, there would be no Christians. To deny Jesus is to deny Christianity.

If Jesus did not exist, there would be no Christians. To deny Jesus is to deny Christianity.
"Both conservative Christian scholar Graham Stanton and agnostic Bible scholar Bart Ehrman have asserted that virtually all scholars involved with historical Jesus research believe his existence can be established using documentary and other evidence; however, most hold that much of the material about him in the New Testament should not be taken at face value as it is driven by theological agendas."

If Constantine did not exist, there would be no Christians. To deny Empire is to deny Christ.

"Both conservative Christian scholar Graham Stanton and agnostic Bible scholar Bart Ehrman have asserted that virtually all scholars involved with historical Jesus research believe his existence can be established using documentary and other evidence; however, most hold that much of the material about him in the New Testament should not be taken at face value as it is driven by theological agendas."

If Constantine did not exist, there would be no Christians. To deny Empire is to deny Christ.

Christianity existed before Constantine-----in fact his mother was a christian before he was. The question that remains is how MUCH would exist today---not its existence I do not believe that the christian empire was entirely dependent on Constantine's decision to IMPOSE IT I do believe that Constantine set the stage for the INQUISITION and NAZISM In fact he even set the stage for JIHADISM and the filth of shariah Shariah is nothing more than a mix of old arab law----some mesopotamian crap and aspects of the dirtier parts of the Justinian code

Deeeep drivel.
"The Christ myth theory (also known as Jesus mythicism, the Jesus myth theory and the nonexistence hypothesis) is the idea that Jesus of Nazareth was not a historical person, but is a fictional or mythological character created by the early Christian community. "Some proponents argue that events or sayings associated with the figure of Jesus in the New Testament may have been drawn from one or more individuals who actually existed, but that none of them were in any sense the founder of Christianity."
Provided our honorable georgephillip actually understood at least a quarter of that drivel. Heh.

Deeeep drivel.
"The Christ myth theory (also known as Jesus mythicism, the Jesus myth theory and the nonexistence hypothesis) is the idea that Jesus of Nazareth was not a historical person, but is a fictional or mythological character created by the early Christian community. "Some proponents argue that events or sayings associated with the figure of Jesus in the New Testament may have been drawn from one or more individuals who actually existed, but that none of them were in any sense the founder of Christianity."
Provided our honorable georgephillip actually understood at least a quarter of that drivel. Heh.
What's confusing you, drivel?

"For example atheist activist and Bible scholar Hector Avalos speaks of an 'ecclesiastical-academic complex' which he believes has widely contaminated scholarship even in non-Christian academic institutions which nonetheless have a culturally Christian background or roots in religious institutions."

Do you think the rich would like about religion?

Are you really this stupid or were you just kidding? George here says if not for Constantine, there would be no Christians. Is that funny, or what? Heh Heh!

from MJB>>

Are you really this stupid or were you just kidding? George here says if not for Constantine, there would be no Christians. Is that funny, or what? Heh Heh!

not all that funny----MJB----Without Osama and Ayatollah Khomeini there would be no muslims

My guts hurt from laughing what I learned from George that there were no Christians until Constantine. Heh Heh.

from MJB>>

not all that funny----MJB----Without Osama and Ayatollah Khomeini there would be no muslims

So if there is no Santa Claus, there would be no Christmas?

If there were no rabbits, there would be no Easter?

And if Jesus never existed, no one could have made him up?:confused:

My guts hurt from laughing what I learned from George that there were no Christians until Constantine. Heh Heh.

from MJB>>

What do your "guts" tell you about the number of muscular Christians we would have today if a rich, psychotic emperor hadn't put the Cross on the shields of his hired killers?

Do you giggle over the Crusades?
What about Hiroshima...your kind of comic relief?
I'm sure Auschwitz brings a crooked smile to your visage.

from MJB>>

What do your "guts" tell you about the number of muscular Christians we would have
today if a rich, psychotic emperor hadn't put the Cross on the shields of his hired killers?

Georgie----constantine did quite a lot to SPREAD CHRISTIANITY by imposing it as to the crusades------they were a response to ISLAMIC AGGRESSION which would not have existed without MUHUMMAD what is your point-------hundreds of millions have been murdered because of MUHUMMAD and ----lots because of constantine Is that the point you are making? The pre christian romans were just as bad as the post christian "HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE" I have no idea how the arabs would have turned out------but I do know that they were considered DANGEROUS CRIMINALS more than 2000 years ago They were the people who made caravan travel---east west and west east A DANGEROUS ENTERPRISE and they controlled the slave trade--------how do you think they obtained "slaves" Even the ancient greeks and egyptians PURCHASED from them in fact so did the persians

irosie... Do you think the first private fortunes depended on the institution of slavery for their IPO?

Rich Muslims, Jews, and Christians have been getting richer every generation for centuries through the manipulation of their war slave and debt slaves. No country has ever gotten richer from war and debt than the US, and the US is predominantly Christian if you discount AIPAC.

Would the Arabs have been worse doesn't seem like the right question to me.

How long will we allow the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet to continue killing and poisoning for profit seems a lot more to the point.

The Crusades resulted from Muslims stealing Christian lands. Now they want to steal the Jewish land of Israel. Do you think maybe Mecca might be a nice place for a Palestinian State?

from MJB>>

What do your "guts" tell you about the number of muscular Christians we would have today if a rich, psychotic emperor hadn't put the Cross on the shields of his hired killers?

Forum List

Back