Comparative Religion

The Muslim religion doesn't impress me. They forced people to convert. Judaism never did that.:eusa_hand:

I'm sure the Galileans Samaritans and Idumaens will agree with you.

If you're going to lie, don't make it that easy to show you're talking crap.

Forced converting is againt Judaism. In modern times, Samaritans are not Jews, not viewed as Jews, niether the Rabbanus pushes them to become Jews.

The people of Edum became part of the Hashmonai kingdom after the war, and in order to accept a slave in a Jewish house there was a need for them to be Jews. THat was when they were converted. But the conversion were not completed and they still were not considered Jews.

That was a specific event that changes nothing about Judaism. Judaism is not missionary, and does not force to convert or lie in order to bring believers. You don't see any Jew today tries to convert and a Rabbi of course won't force a Gentile to convert. He does a horrible Chillul HaShem if he tries to!:eusa_hand: forced conversion is wrong and should not be an issue.

The Muslim religion doesn't impress me. They forced people to convert. Judaism never did that.:eusa_hand:

Forced converting is againt Judaism. In modern times, Samaritans are not Jews, not viewed as Jews, niether the Rabbanus pushes them to become Jews.

The people of Edum became part of the Hashmonai kingdom after the war, and in order to accept a slave in a Jewish house there was a need for them to be Jews. THat was when they were converted. But the conversion were not completed and they still were not considered Jews.

That was a specific event that changes nothing about Judaism. Judaism is not missionary, and does not force to convert or lie in order to bring believers. You don't see any Jew today tries to convert and a Rabbi of course won't force a Gentile to convert. He does a horrible Chillul HaShem if he tries to!:eusa_hand: forced conversion is wrong and should not be an issue.
Jews basically don't particularly want to mix real Jewish blood with gentile blood, that's why they're not big on converting others. If you know what I mean.

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine that preceded it.[2]

"The term nakba also refers to the period of war itself and events affecting Palestinians December 1947 to January 1949, and is synonymous in that sense with what is known to Israelis as the War of Independence (Hebrew: מלחמת העצמאות or מלחמת הקוממיות*, Milkhemet Ha'atzma'ut, a term which covers those two events."

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe there is something intrinsic within the dominant economic system on this planet that finds more value in WAR than in PEACE?
Maybe the Arabs nations should have agreed and not attacked Israel in 1948? Of course you know the reason they attacked was not to "defend the Palestinian people's rights" or to create this mythical "Palestinian state". There was no such thing, and the Arabs themselves said so many times. They just wanted to destroy the the Jewish state, slaughter all the Jews, and divide the land between themselves. Making the wrong choices and decisions does have consequences.

HUH??? Most "gentile" blood is blood of Jewish heritage. Are you not even aware that Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul & all the apostles were Jews?

Jews basically don't particularly want to mix real Jewish blood with gentile blood, that's why they're not big on converting others. If you know what I mean.

HUH??? Most "gentile" blood is blood of Jewish heritage. Are you not even aware that Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul & all the apostles were Jews?

Were Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy Jewish as well? :lol:

You mean they want to be left alone, and didn't go around waving their sword killing those that refused to convert?

You mean they want to be left alone, and didn't go around waving their sword killing those that refused to convert?

No, because they're inbred racists.

So thats why there are so many Jews intermarried to Christians. I tell ya, that Ima is a real mental powerhouse thinker.

If you folks think it legitimate that arabs should be allowed to go back to their homelands in Jordan, Egypt and Syria, then why is it not legitimate for those arabs (there must be at least SOME) who came from the land now occupied by Israel to go back there? You should be more consistent in your reasoning lest your Jewish Supremacist clothing start to show.

The resolution of the conflict was SEPARATION ----in order to keep the battling parties apart and avoid bloodshed There is nothing inconsistent about it Such resolutions take have taken place around the world many times and are likely to occur even more frequently now that there are people in the world clamouring to enact the vile oppressive shariah laws in countries with christian and hindu and buddhist minorities I have heard that there is a move on to protect the ALAWITES of syria with a separation state. I am all for separations when they are needed. All decent people of the world welcomed the
formatin of the "SOUTH SUDAN" ---------of course I understand you will miss the rape and murder and enslavment thing Do you insist upon a right of return for all of the nations thrown out of arabia?

You're comparing Israel to barbaric sandtrap societies that don't have an ounce of decency? Hmmm.

your comment is very provincial Arabia is the HOLY LAND OF ISLAM -----it is the land in which the very rich language ARABIC---developed and eventurally (about 300 AD) came to develope an alphabet. Even before arabic was a written language ---it had a very rich orally transmitted literature including complex poetry Have you ever met a Saudi? I believe that saudi arabia was on its way to greatness but got thrown back a bit by the developement of islam and the fact that it destroyed most of its literate population-----christians, jews, zoroastrians and even --probably some hindus as a religious issue. Such a phenomenon is not exclusive to islamic societies ----the Spanish Inquisition actually did Spain great harm -------poor portugal lost Spinoza to its religious purges. Getting back to arabia-----it once had a culture that was nothing to SNEEZE AT and even in the early islamic era was the epicenter of a huge empire --------of course since all the intellectuals ended up in Baghdad------Baghdad ----was where it was at

I find that post rather offensive.
Racism and bigotry, regardless of the target, is rather silly.
"Jews" don't exist.
"Some Jews", "Many Jews" or "The majority of Jews" (With evidence to back up a claim) may exist but "Jews" do not.

I find that post rather offensive.
Racism and bigotry, regardless of the target, is rather silly.
"Jews" don't exist.
"Some Jews", "Many Jews" or "The majority of Jews" (With evidence to back up a claim) may exist but "Jews" do not.

Can someone please translate this post into English? Thanks.

So thats why there are so many Jews intermarried to Christians. I tell ya, that Ima is a real mental powerhouse thinker.

Oh come on, some societies really don't want their children marrying outside their race/ethnic group. Obviously, not EVERYONE in a particular group, but there are strong undercurrents of it in Asians, Hindus, Jews and others.
MJB, you should get out more. :D

Maybe YOU'RE the one who should get your facts straight before you go around calling other people crap. If you study the history of the Samaritans, you'll discover they were antagonistic to Jews, and never viewed as Jews. Jesus made up the parable of the Good Samaritan, to put down Jews. There is no such people as the Galileans. Galilee is only a district of Israel, and a very beautiful one at that. Lots of forests. Unlike the MILLIONS of people that the Muslims forced to convert, Idumea was a freak occurence in Jewish history, and we more than paid for it by having the villians Antipater and Herod come from that race. Forced conversion is absolutely forbidden in Judaism.

Last edited:
Yes it is, Marg, but that doesn't excuse Lord Balfour and the UN.

I think it's a shame that so many "Palestinians" were forced by Arab/moslem armies back in 1948 to get their arses out of the way so that the hoped-for Jew genocide could begin.

And still, the "Palestinians" don't have the right of return to their homelands in Jordan, Syria and Egypt.
Because "their homelands" don't exist within the borders of Jordan, Syria, and Egypt.
In 1948 two-thirds of all Palestinians living between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River had a Jewish State inflicted upon them by force of arms. Their homelands include Judea and Samaria, and their title is at least as legal and moral as any racist Zionist immigrant from Eastern Europe.

I think it's a shame that so many "Palestinians" were forced by Arab/moslem armies back in 1948 to get their arses out of the way so that the hoped-for Jew genocide could begin.

And still, the "Palestinians" don't have the right of return to their homelands in Jordan, Syria and Egypt.
Because "their homelands" don't exist within the borders of Jordan, Syria, and Egypt.
In 1948 two-thirds of all Palestinians living between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River had a Jewish State inflicted upon them by force of arms. Their homelands include Judea and Samaria, and their title is at least as legal and moral as any racist Zionist immigrant from Eastern Europe.

One of my professors was from a family of jews that had lived in the area now called EAST JERUSALEM for at least 2000 years before his community was placed under starvation siege-----in 1947 and his community was destroyed -----only some saved from being killed----- what would you call his "HOMELAND"? my husband is from a family of jews who had lived near EDEN (remember? the the place with the apple) for 2500 years -----before they fled islamic oppression there and for more than 1000 years before the arabs GOT THERE What is their "homeland"? your jihadist viewpoint that palestine was INVADED BY EUROPEAN JEWS--------is actually humorous it is on the level of kindergarten history in the USA ------where I learned at age five that the American INDIANS with feathers tied to the back of their heads were DELIGHTED to see the pilgrims land in plymouth and even the turkeys were happy to become the THANKSGIVING BIRD. Could you give me some insight into the circumstances under which you learned history?

I will provide you with an interesting insight------Hebrew is the only extant language in the world which developed in the land called Canaan/Israel/Palestine------I have never met a jew who did not know -----A BIT OF HEBREW-----no matter where he was born The most accurate way to trace the history of a people is thru LINGUISTICS ------in fact it beats DNA for insights into how cultures develope-----read CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY

There are other markers that are useful in tracing back------child rearing techniques, cuisine, family structure, gender roles -----but LINGUISTICS beats then all even if you combine the others

do you have any concept of how arabic spread and how it involved itself with languages of south east asia? -----------for tracing the british empire-------go for english----and a strange habit of drinking "tea" and a strange idea that drinking the liquid of boiled leaves can be associated with a sense of a "SUPERIOR SOCIETY" even when mixed with milk

Three quarters of the Arabs who now call themselves Palestinians were absorbed by Jordan. The Arabs decided to attack Israel, not to create a mythical Palestine, but to destroy the Jewish state and divide it between themselves. You think if the Arabs would have succeeded, there would have been a "Palestine"? You need to read up on what some of the Arab leaders said (laughed) about the existence of a Palestinian people. Ha ha ha! The Arabs that did not join the attackers were absorbed by the Israelis and given full rights as citizens, which now comprise of 20% of the Israeli population. The ones that joined their Arab brethern in the failed attempt to "kill all the Jews", well....TOUGH SHIT. Maybe the attacking Arabs who made all those promises to them can now accomodate them. Israel owes them NOTHING.

Palestinians are the newest of all the peoples on the face of the Earth, and began to exist in a single day by a kind of supernatural phenomenon that is unique in the whole history of mankind. "There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough".

Let us hear what other Arabs have said:
"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".
- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".
- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but Southern Syria".
- Representant of Saudi Arabia at the United Nations, 1956 -

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:
"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

“Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?”
“We did not particularly mind Jordanian rule. The teaching of the destruction of Israel was a definite part of the curriculum, but we considered ourselves Jordanian until the Jews returned to Jerusalem. Then all of the sudden we were Palestinians - they removed the star from the Jordanian flag and all at once we had a Palestinian flag”.
“When I finally realized the lies and myths I was taught, it is my duty as a righteous person to speak out”.

This declaration by a true "Palestinian" should have some significance for a sincerely neutral observer

Jordan put it to Israel but good when they refused Israel's offer to return the entire West Bank back to them after the 67 war so they could sacrifice that piece of land to dump their Palestinians on Israel to deal with.

Three quarters of the Arabs who now call themselves Palestinians were absorbed by Jordan. The Arabs decided to attack Israel, not to create a mythical Palestine, but to destroy the Jewish state and divide it between themselves. You think if the Arabs would have succeeded, there would have been a "Palestine"? You need to read up on what some of the Arab leaders said (laughed) about the existence of a Palestinian people. Ha ha ha! The Arabs that did not join the attackers were absorbed by the Israelis and given full rights as citizens, which now comprise of 20% of the Israeli population. The ones that joined their Arab brethern in the failed attempt to "kill all the Jews", well....TOUGH SHIT. Maybe the attacking Arabs who made all those promises to them can now accomodate them. Israel owes them NOTHING.

Jordan put it to Israel but good when they refused Israel's offer to return the entire West Bank back to them after the 67 war so they could sacrifice that piece of land to dump their Palestinians on Israel to deal with.

Jordan has a long and violent history with "Palestinians". The Jordanian plan (since the late 1960's has been to bums-rush their "Palestinian" population into the West Bank--a political cleansing.

The Jordanians continue to despise the Palestinians who once attempted to seize power under Arafat (Black September 1970).

Black September in Jordan - Encyclopedia

History of Palestinians in Jordan and Black September: In Palestinian enclaves and refugee camps in Jordan, the police and army were losing their authority. Uniformed PLO militants openly carried weapons, set up checkpoints and attempted to collect what they called "taxes". During the November 1968 negotiations, a seven-point agreement was reached between King Hussein and Palestinian organizations:

* Members of these organizations were forbidden from walking around cities armed and in uniform
* They were forbidden from stopping civilian vehicles in order to conduct searches
* They were forbidden from competing with the Jordanian Army for recruits
* They were required to carry Jordanian identity papers
* Their vehicles were required to bear Jordanian license plates
*Crimes committed by members of the Palestinian organizations would be investigated by the Jordanian authorities
* Disputes between the Palestinian organizations and the government would be settled by a joint council of representatives of the king and of the PLO.

The PLO, reneging on this agreement, acted like a state within a state in Jordan. Between mid-1968 and the end of 1969, no fewer than five hundred violent clashes occurred between the Palestinian guerrillas and Jordanian security forces. Acts of violence against civilians and kidnappings frequently took place. Chief of the Jordanian royal court (and subsequently a Prime Minister) Zaid al-Rifai claimed that "the fedayeen killed a soldier, beheaded him, and played soccer with his head in the area where he used to live." (Source: Arafat's War by Efraim Karsh, p.28)

Many elements in the PLO extorted money from merchants at gunpoint under the claim that they were donations to the Palestinian cause. Jordanian security forces would typically round them up and send them to the front where they could be more useful to the Palestinian cause. Outbreaks of violence however were continously on the rise. As long as both parties maintained the condition that they would not enter or remain in the capital a large scale crash could have been avoidable.

Last edited:

One of my professors was from a family of jews that had lived in the area now called EAST JERUSALEM for at least 2000 years before his community was placed under starvation siege-----in 1947 and his community was destroyed -----only some saved from being killed----- what would you call his "HOMELAND"? my husband is from a family of jews who had lived near EDEN (remember? the the place with the apple) for 2500 years -----before they fled islamic oppression there and for more than 1000 years before the arabs GOT THERE What is their "homeland"? your jihadist viewpoint that palestine was INVADED BY EUROPEAN JEWS--------is actually humorous it is on the level of kindergarten history in the USA ------where I learned at age five that the American INDIANS with feathers tied to the back of their heads were DELIGHTED to see the pilgrims land in plymouth and even the turkeys were happy to become the THANKSGIVING BIRD. Could you give me some insight into the circumstances under which you learned history?

I will provide you with an interesting insight------Hebrew is the only extant language in the world which developed in the land called Canaan/Israel/Palestine------I have never met a jew who did not know -----A BIT OF HEBREW-----no matter where he was born The most accurate way to trace the history of a people is thru LINGUISTICS ------in fact it beats DNA for insights into how cultures develope-----read CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY

There are other markers that are useful in tracing back------child rearing techniques, cuisine, family structure, gender roles -----but LINGUISTICS beats then all even if you combine the others

do you have any concept of how arabic spread and how it involved itself with languages of south east asia? -----------for tracing the british empire-------go for english----and a strange habit of drinking "tea" and a strange idea that drinking the liquid of boiled leaves can be associated with a sense of a "SUPERIOR SOCIETY" even when mixed with milk
"SOME MONTHS before the outbreak of the Six-Day War, I (Uri Avnery) met a high-ranking member of the Egyptian regime. The meeting took place in Paris through the auspices of a mutual friend. Throughout the years, I have met many leaders of the different Arab states, exchanging opinions and trading ideas for a settlement. But this meeting was different.

"At the outset, I said to my new-found friend: 'Let's make a list of all possible solutions to the Israeli-Arab conflict. Let's analyze every solution in turn and see where we get.'"

"Taking a pen, we wrote the following list on the paper cloth on our table in the Paris restaurant:

"(A) Annihilation by war
"(B) The destruction of Israel by political and economic isolation
"(C) Status quo
"(D) A Semitic federation.

What's your choice?

Pax Semitica by Uri Avnery

Forum List

Back