Company Tells Muslims to Pray at Home

Uhhh, are you seriously saying an employer should not make it clear when he wants the employee to do work and when he can be off?
As it relates to religion (stay with me, here ) No. Not his problem.

Should an employer have to account for every stupid, iron aged magical fetish that exists? No.

Uhhh, are you seriously saying an employer should not make it clear when he wants the employee to do work and when he can be off?
As it relates to religion (stay with me, here ) No. Not his problem.

Should an employer have to account for every stupid, iron aged magical fetish that exists? No.

You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking if the employee should be able to dictate his schedule, not if the employer should be expected to set working hours and communicate them. Because absolutely the employer is expected to set hours and communicate them. What you're afraid of, and is not happening, is employees being able to dictate when they won't work.

Because absolutely the employer is expected to set hours and communicate them.
No, not really. The employer could decide to open on Sundays,when previously he wasn't. And he can then expect his employees to work Sundays. And if they dont like it, they can quit. Religion deserves no special consideration.

Some companies will work with religious needs, some won't. I don't agree with government force for or against. I believe the less government involvement in labor, the better.

No, not really. The employer could decide to open on Sundays,when previously he wasn't. And he can then expect his employees to work Sundays. And if they dont like it, they can quit. Religion deserves no special consideration.

That's the way the law works now, and if an employer wants to let them off, he can.

That's the way the law works now, and if an employer wants to let them off, he can.
Right. We got that. But you were asked if it SHOULD be that way. 4 times, I think.

Right. We got that. But you were asked if it SHOULD be that way. 4 times, I think.

Sure, and I'll tell you now that we have that straight. Of course it should be that way, because we have freedom of religion. Chick fil e is free to close on Sundays and encourage their employees to worship and Walmart is free to stay open on Sundays and require employees to take Sunday shifts if they want. We don't have a theocracy, and despite the hysteria from the usual suspects, won't. But don't worry, you can stay awake at night worrying because you know that somewhere in America, a Christian is being allowed to not work on a Sunday and is even allowed to, *gasp* go to church with his employer's blessing.

We don't have a theocracy, and despite the hysteria from the usual suspects, won't.
Right, because our institutions protect us from the religious freaks. Not because they aren't trying.

Not sure what your bitchy little tantrum is about. When I owned restaurants, I did my best to respect people's religious wishes, and any ither wishes they had. Right up until it impacted the operations of the business.

We don't have a theocracy, and despite the hysteria from the usual suspects, won't.
Right, because our institutions protect us from the religious freaks. Not because they aren't trying.

Not sure what your bitchy little tantrum is about. When I owned restaurants, I did my best to respect people's religious wishes, and any ither wishes they had. Right up until it impacted the operations of the business.

And it was religious freaks that created those institutions. And what tantrum? I hear all the time from the usual suspects that we're on the verge of a real dark ages theocracy if a politician should dare to express his/her private faith.

And it was religious freaks that created those institutions.
No it wasn't. Spare me the revisipost. Not one of them wanted their magical nonsense legislated. And not all religious people are freaks.

And what tantrum?
Your irrelevant, completely madeup tantrum about me. Your one skill seems to be lying yourself into a constant state of agitation.

And it was religious freaks that created those institutions.
No it wasn't. Spare me the revisipost. Not one of them wanted their magical nonsense legislated. And not all religious people are freaks.

And what tantrum?
Your irrelevant, completely madeup tantrum about me. Your one skill seems to be lying yourself into a constant state of agitation.

By today's standards, the Founding Fathers were freaks. I mean, they were constantly referencing the Bible, opening every meeting with prayer, that sort of thing.

If I have mischaracterized your position, I do apologise.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back