Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening.
"I've got people that I want to hire now,
but I just can't afford it.
And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."

'Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone' | 11alive.com

Now what is it that "he can't afford" that keeps him from hiring?

Hesitancy because due to more and more rules and regulations coming from this administration at a rate Since 2008 the government has spent 54 billion dollars on regulatory agencies at a 16% growth rate.

Since President Obama took office regulatory agency employment climbed 13% to more than 281,000 regulatory employees.
During the same period all other employment shrank by 5.6%.

By 2008 the cost to the private economy to comply with federal regulations was 1.75 trillion dollars.
4200 more regulations are waiting for approval in the pipeline, not counting the EPA, the new health care bill, and the Dodd-Frank legislation. It is not known yet how much more those will add?
The 1.75 trillion dollar red tape economy | Washington Times Communities

So businesses have NO idea what it will cost to add new employees because of Obamacare, Dodd-Frank Act, and all the new rules and regulations!
Why hire people if you have to spend thousands more in following OSHA,EPA,and all the other alphabet soup rules and regulations!

The facts:
UBS on September 19 released an investors' research report on what it calls the "Great Suppression," which UBS says is a phenomenon in which "tax hikes and regulations emanating from Washington are ... discouraging hiring."
The report said that the 2010 health care bill was one of 11 regulations that it believes are having a "negative impact on U.S. employment."

The report said that health care reform was "arguably the biggest impediment to hiring (particularly hiring of less skilled workers)."

"It subjects businesses to
highly complex rules that increase the cost,
risk, and 'hassle factor' of adding to payrolls," the report states. "...
All firms with more than 50 workers must provide benefits, which creates an incentive for smaller firms to stay 'under the limit' by expanding overseas, outsourcing, or dividing into two companies."

This report is BASED ON REAL employers and their REASONS..
Download it from here:
The American Spectator : Bad Economists and Good Capitalists

Boeing built a $1b plant in SC and can't use it due to the Obama admin. The dems are anti-jobs and they need to deal with the consequences. When Boeing loses contracts because they can't operate in SC, everyone loses.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA!!!

HOW GREAT would it be if companies all did a counter-protest to OWS and stated: "We will not hire any new employees, or give raises to any current ones, until Barack Obama is no longer president."

OCCUPY UNEMPLOYMENT DIPSHITS HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Remember folks... these ARE the people that HAVE the money and WANT to hire BUT can't afford the rising costs to comply with all the rules,regulations, paperwork, red tape you name it it is stupid!

The whole purpose of a business is to provide a service or goods that are wanted!

Yet the mentality of this administration is to treat EVERY business with suspicion!
This administration HATES businesses!
Why else would this administration's National Labor Relations board PICK sides and the side they pick is the UNIONS EVEN though there were going to be MORE jobs in South Carolina in total?

So Today, House Oversight & Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) issued a subpoena seeking more information on the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) suit against Boeing that has put an estimated 1,000 new jobs at risk in South Carolina. In a statement on the subpoena, Chairman Issa underscored the job-crushing impact of the NLRB suit

House GOP Seeks Information on NLRB Suit, Continues Effort to Stop Job-Crushing Regulations, Government Overreach | Speaker of the House John Boehner | speaker.gov

What is wrong with this administration that KNOWINGLY is crushing job creations?
Knowingly stopping oil explorations and energy independence?
Knowingly killing jobs in the coal industry all for what reasons?

This is just something everyone knows. WIth an out of control regulatory regime no business is doing any expansion until Obama is gone.

HAHAHAHA!!!

HOW GREAT would it be if companies all did a counter-protest to OWS and stated: "We will not hire any new employees, or give raises to any current ones, until Barack Obama is no longer president."

OCCUPY UNEMPLOYMENT DIPSHITS HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Obama and the libturds would accuse them of treason and have them all marched off to the Gulag.

Been saying this for quite some time. They want to crush America. They want no taxes..and no regulations. They would sell poison as mother's milk if given the chance.

Yes this sounds like the words of some jackass who had too many at a barbecue.

Hey guys, it's their money. They can do what they want with it. 0bama can't make them spend it if they don't want to spend it. He can "executive order" anything he wants except other people's money. Remember this is the guy that can't go a couple of weeks without a party at the White House. :)

How about we hire people to build and maintain a pipeline from Canada to Gulf Coast Refineries in the USA?

Then we could decrease unemployment AND be less reliant on Offshore drilling AND unstable Arab suppliers!!

I wonder why TransCanada and ConocoPhillips are not hiring people?:confused:

Washington Times and The American Spectator all in one post! :clap2: Good job!

Now it is a fact that the regulations under Obama will cost businesses anywhere from $100 million up to just over 4 billion, at most, it represents three one-hundredths of a percent of the total economy.

Now we have seen regulation upon regulation put on business over the years and it's true that unneeded regulations are a bureaucratic nightmare, even the needed regulations are a nightmare. Personally, it would be good to have all the mountains and mountains of regulations reviewed because there's a lot of duplication and some are just plain a waste of time.

Also, there is a regulation that were conceived because of a repeated problem that in most cases caused harm to the general welfare of the public. There are also those regulations that were perceived to be needed based on theory such as Green Regulations. In other words there are good regulations, bad regulations and questionable regulations.

The fact of the matter is that Obama's regulations cost businesses the most, George W signed off on the most regulations and George HW added the most government employees to enforce regulations. All of that is factual.

Now Obama has stated that he will scale back to lessen the load on businesses. But I'm sure no matter how many regulations are scaled back, it won't be enough for some folks.

Let's not forget that all the regulations that some people are whining about are the result of Obama and also previous administrations both Dem and GOP.

Lastly, I wish people would stop using very partisan resources for their talking points, whether it's the Huff Post, Washington Times, Media Matters or the American Spectator. They are biased sources who have a set agenda and they are to be trusted?

Last edited:
I guess Americans are just too expensive, maybe he can hire some Mexicans.

Boeing built a $1b plant in SC and can't use it due to the Obama admin. The dems are anti-jobs and they need to deal with the consequences. When Boeing loses contracts because they can operate in SC, everyone loses.

There just ANTI non Union Jobs. Plain and Simple. Or More accurately Pro Union Jobs. Almost everything they do rewards Union workers, even though union Workers are less than 20% of the American Work Force.

Been saying this for quite some time. They want to crush America. They want no taxes..and no regulations. They would sell poison as mother's milk if given the chance.

Yeah, because there's a big market for that.

Hey, there are some scumbag companies out there. I've worked for some of them.

They never stay in business long, though.

Most companies - the good ones- realize there is a partnership between customers, employees and management. They really try to not mess that up.

At my company, I have a manager who is an absolute fanatic about safety. Everything he does is about getting it done safely and making it a safer workplace.

Do you know what OSHA got us on when the malcontent got fired and reported us?

Paperwork. Not anything that was actually physically unsafe, but that we hadn't filled out the paperwork properly.

Unfortunately, this same branch is slowly moving jobs to Asia because the environment for business is better in a Communist Dictatorship than it is here... and that's sad.

If they want to hire, they must have demand. Meaning that if they don't hire, they will be unable to meet the demand and will lose money. This is bullshit.

If you believe this shit, you are a dumb fuck.

Yeah, the argument makes no sense. Otherwise, the current employees he has would be costing him too much as well.

I'm guessing it's a pack of lies but who knows, maybe its just a really strange set of circumstances.

Many companies have this policy. He's just saying so. The country is waiting for him to go.

How about we hire people to build and maintain a pipeline from Canada to Gulf Coast Refineries in the USA?

Then we could decrease unemployment AND be less reliant on Offshore drilling AND unstable Arab suppliers!!

I wonder why TransCanada and ConocoPhillips are not hiring people?:confused:

You know, that sounds like a great idea. I'm sure Obama will want to get right on that.

Forum List

Back