Community Organizers

You somehow thought it took more to be qualified?

Qualifications for the Office of President

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Term limit amendment - US Constitution, Amendment XXII, Section 1 – ratified February 27, 1951

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

that's it

You somehow thought it took more to be qualified?

I guess that depends on which side of the VP nomination we watch Karl Rove speak on, eh? BEFORE or AFTER this cereal box toy was chosen...

watch any funny videos lately?

Fine--what does that qualify you to do ?

He was a director for a Church-based community organization.

This is hilarious. Cons spend eight years singing the praises of Bush's Faith Based Church Initiative, and then Cons spend the last 48 hours tearing down and smearing Church-based community organizers.

So we have a lot of people qualified to run for president.

Our local community organizer is about 65, has about 3 teeth left in her head, a high school education and has lived in this tiny town all her life. She manages an assisted living facility (after a fashion) and a preschool with 5 kids in it. I nominate her for the Democratic Presidential Candidate!

Why are you pretending that a job Obama did 20 years ago, as a young college grad is something to be mocked? Do you think his life experiences ended in 1988?

He did exactly the type of job that you Cons praised for the last 8 years. You cons jizzed all over yourselves over Bush's Faith based initiative, and heaped honor on those people who worked with churches to provide community services and charitable functions. That's what Obama did.

Can you explain why you spent 8 years cheering Faith Based Initiatives, but in the last 48 hours you've been trained like a robot to mock them?

I am now oraganizing a neighborhood party... So am I a community organizer????

I guess I am now qualified to run for President....SWEET!!!!

Were you in the state house or the senate? Have you run a 30m dollar a month campaign with 2500 employees? If so you might be.

Why are you pretending that a job Obama did 20 years ago, as a young college grad is something to be mocked? Do you think his life experiences ended in 1988?

He did exactly the type of job that you Cons praised for the last 8 years. You cons jizzed all over yourselves over Bush's Faith based initiative, and heaped honor on those people who worked with churches to provide community services and charitable functions. That's what Obama did.

Can you explain why you spent 8 years cheering Faith Based Initiatives, but in the last 48 hours you've been trained like a robot to mock them?

"All cons" in quite a generalization and I rarely have seen faith based initiatives praised in the last 8 years. So your cliched "robot" comment is bullshit. No one is knocking faith based initiatives here anyway--they just arent' sure that working in one impresses them as experience to be president.

"All cons" in quite a generalization and I rarely have seen faith based initiatives praised in the last 8 years. So your cliched "robot" comment is bullshit. No one is knocking faith based initiatives here anyway--they just arent' sure that working in one impresses them as experience to be president.

So you're now against Bush's faith based initiative, and your against young college graduates working with churches to provide community services.

Gotcha.

Personally, I think that's an admirable job for a 25 year old man.

So you're now against Bush's faith based initiative, and your against young college graduates working with churches to provide community services.

Gotcha.

Personally, I think that's an admirable job for a 25 year old man.

I don't give a shit about them either way and they are far from a hot ticket item as far as this message board has gone. Don't try the "robot" crap on me or put words in my mouth. Having any job is admirable for a 25 year old man. It just doesnt make him more qualified than McCain to be president. Not even close.

I don't give a shit about them either way and they are far from a hot ticket item as far as this message board has gone. Don't try the "robot" crap on me or put words in my mouth. Having any job is admirable for a 25 year old man. It just doesnt make him more qualified than McCain to be president. Not even close.

I don't get you.

As a con, you're constantly lecturing people that government needs to get out of the way, and private or charitable organizations provide services to their community.

Obama worked for a church based group to provide community services. When he was 25 years old. I would think you Cons would honor that.

Do you think his life experience ended when he was twenty five, and you are being intellectually dishonest by mocking his community service?

I don't get you.

As a con, you're constantly lecturing people that government needs to get out of the way, and private or charitable organizations provide services to their community.

Obama worked for a church based group to provide community services. When he was 25 years old. I would think you Cons would honor that.

Do you think his life experience ended when he was twenty five, and you are being intellectually dishonest by mocking his community service?

I am unaware of EVER lecturing anyone about private or charitable organizations but I think providing community services is admirable. It just doesn't automatically make you a saint, a general, or presidential material. Surely you can see that they both require different skill sets. McCain just flat has more experience. I wont' even got as far to say he would be a good president but if one just objectively looked at the two resumes, the difference is striking.

I am unaware of EVER lecturing anyone about private or charitable organizations but I think providing community services is admirable. It just doesn't automatically make you a saint, a general, or presidential material. Surely you can see that they both require different skill sets. McCain just flat has more experience. I wont' even got as far to say he would be a good president but if one just objectively looked at the two resumes, the difference is striking.

I don't think the number of years of government experience is that good of an indicator of judgment, wisdom, or leadership.

Poppy Bush and Richard Nixon probably had more government experience than almost all other presidents in history. And they sucked.

I think Obama's resume and leadership skills are fine. He has a lot of legislative experience, an adequate amount of foreign policy experience, he knew long before most that invading and occupying iraq was an unneccessary and expensive fool's errand, and he defeated the Clinton machine (no small feat).

I think McCain's obviously got plenty of experience, its his judgment that sucks.

I don't think the number of years of government experience is that good of an indicator of judgment, wisdom, or leadership.

Poppy Bush and Richard Nixon probably had more government experience than almost all other presidents in history. And they sucked.

I think Obama's resume and leadership skills are fine. He has a lot of legislative experience, an adequate amount of foreign policy experience, he knew long before most that invading and occupying iraq was an unneccessary and expensive fool's errand, and he defeated the Clinton machine (no small feat).

I think McCain's obviously got plenty of experience, its his judgment that sucks.

I don't even know if it's McCain's judgment that sucks. Seriously. I thiknk it's his desperation. When he really was a "maverick", he might have been a great president. Now he's just a good man who's locked into terrible policies so he can suck up to the rabid right and consolidate his "base".

He shouldn't ever be president. I wouldn't mind seeing him head DOD,though.

Just saying...

New Topics

Forum List

Back