Communists/Islamists using crime/drugs to destabilize the US from within.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
BARNES & NOBLE | Global Warrior: Averting WWIII by H. John Poole, Posterity Press | Paperback

I picked up the above book at the store, and the cover caught my eye as cartoonish. Eventually read that the cover is like that on purpose, rather than the cool, epic tactical looks of most books of it's kind, to symbolize how different the next global conflict and how to win it must be.

This book is written by USMC Gen. Anthony Zinni, a light infantry expert, and John Poole, a retired military expert.

In this great book, they outline the need for less top-down command, and more bottom-up leadership.

They lay out how the global Communist and Islamic threats have come to the conclusion that they can NOT defeat the USA's tanks, planes and ships. They can take on a battalion in head ot head combat. Instead, they are using CRIME and DRUGS to destabilize the US from within. The opium trade. The Mexican drug cartels and gangs. Simple property crime.

They accurately compare it to an Asian military campaign, slow, methodical, almost unnoticed. Hell, we read about drugs and crime on page 15B of the local paper, while the front is reserved for General Petreaus and the lates Romney/Obama story.

They lay out how the military needs TRUE light infantry to combat foreign threats. They lay out how domestic law enforcment is the first element to combat the crime/drugs being used to destabilize us, and those departments must focus on that rather than getting caught up in nuisance calls like noise complaints.

I was thoroughly captivated by this book, and it's outside the box thinking. They're right. We have a lot more firepower, tanks, planes, ships. We win with overwhelming force. But that cant and wont last forever. We have to change how we view the new threats and how we respond to them, home and away.

They are indeed destabilizing us from within. The drugs have gotten to a point where we have people eating other's faces off in the street...literally in Miami. We have hordes of unproductive youth, drugged up from age 5 with "depression" and "anxiety" meds. After all the biggest drug dealer in any town goes by the name "Doctor".

All the drugs and crime are slowly destabilizing us, and slowly easing us into an attitude where we'll welcome overbearing government control. Communism.

Yep, drugs and poverty, two wars we will never win because the government insures adequate supplies are imported daily.

Typical military thinking, if a war is going badly then the only solution is escalation. The war on drugs was totally surrendered the minute they allowed prescription drugs to advertise on TV, it firmly set in the American mind that there is a chemical solution to all life's problems, not going to put that evil genie back in the bottle.

Typical military thinking, if a war is going badly then the only solution is escalation. The war on drugs was totally surrendered the minute they allowed prescription drugs to advertise on TV, it firmly set in the American mind that there is a chemical solution to all life's problems, not going to put that evil genie back in the bottle.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP DUDE!!! If there was an avatar of a trophy for post of the day, thats it. You are 1,000,000% correct, and yes, I know thats mathematically impossible, but still.

Prescription drugs are THE worst thing since crack to be injested in our bodies. Doctors and pharma companies are pushing these things harder than the dudes in New Jack City.

Advertising on TV has convinced people that EVERY single bad emotion they feel has a solution: A PILL!!!! AKA, a poison, since ANYTHING you take too much of and it can kill you is a poison.

In my days as a cop, I was shocked at how many people had their age 8-17 year old kids drugged up on all this shit, and the parents were drugged up also. First question: "Are you on any meds" and I'd get a lecture on all the meds the parent and kid are on. One pill for depression. One for anxiety. One for ADD. One for sucidical thoughts. One for insomnia. One for not being able to stay awake. One for beind sad. One for being too happy.

People never figure out how to naturally deal with and cope with natural human emotions. Depression is natural. Anxiety is natural. We drug our kids and our adults to create a massive population of people who can't deal with their own emotions, and then wonder why people are so weird and crazy these days.

But Big Pharma rakes in too much cash, and donates too much to politicians, for that to ever change.

Biggest drug dealer in town goes by "Doctor".

I'd much rather do street drugs than prescription drugs. The pharmaceutical industry is the most evil soul fucking pack of pirates in the world.

:clap2:

You get second place for best post of the day. And if that depresses you....dont worry, we got a pill for that.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP DUDE!!! If there was an avatar of a trophy for post of the day, thats it. You are 1,000,000% correct, and yes, I know thats mathematically impossible, but still.

Prescription drugs are THE worst thing since crack to be injested in our bodies. Doctors and pharma companies are pushing these things harder than the dudes in New Jack City.

Advertising on TV has convinced people that EVERY single bad emotion they feel has a solution: A PILL!!!! AKA, a poison, since ANYTHING you take too much of and it can kill you is a poison.

In my days as a cop, I was shocked at how many people had their age 8-17 year old kids drugged up on all this shit, and the parents were drugged up also. First question: "Are you on any meds" and I'd get a lecture on all the meds the parent and kid are on. One pill for depression. One for anxiety. One for ADD. One for sucidical thoughts. One for insomnia. One for not being able to stay awake. One for beind sad. One for being too happy.

People never figure out how to naturally deal with and cope with natural human emotions. Depression is natural. Anxiety is natural. We drug our kids and our adults to create a massive population of people who can't deal with their own emotions, and then wonder why people are so weird and crazy these days.

But Big Pharma rakes in too much cash, and donates too much to politicians, for that to ever change.

Biggest drug dealer in town goes by "Doctor".

Yeah, I don't take any of that crap and I left my minor flirtations with street drugs back in the eighties, I am not a particularly happy person but I will be damned if I flee to some chemical to alter the cold harsh taste of reality.

Forum List

Back