Communist governments must be laughing at America and Capitalists fincl crisis.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I would like to ask anyone living in a Communist country right now. What are the Communists newspapers saying about the American financial crisis.?

That is an interesting question... Kudos.

Wouldn't you like to hear some of the vodka chatter in the Kremlin?

-Joe

That is an interesting question... Kudos.

Wouldn't you like to hear some of the vodka chatter in the Kremlin?

-Joe
Sure, I would. What about some of that Gulag food?., I hear they serve them
all caviar now ,with all the money Russia is making from the Oil, and natural
gas reserves.

Sure, I would. What about some of that Gulag food?., I hear they serve them
all caviar now ,with all the money Russia is making from the Oil, and natural
gas reserves.

I hate to tell you this, but Russia is no longer a communist country. My wife is Russian and I have quite a lot of information from Russia from 'average working joes' in Russia.

Putin is not a communist, he as a member of the KGB were the most well informed people in the Soviet Union and were among the first turn turn anti-communist. Like most people patriotism to their country comes before loyalty to any ideology. I wish I could say the same for American capitalists.

It's the American people that can't seem to get over the cold war. The rest of the world, especially Russia wants to move on.

Americans dislike Putin because we can't stand a foreign leader that puts the interest of his own people above the interests of the world's wealthy elite.

Russia is growing in power at an incredible rate, due largely to the wisdom of Putin. While America has been in decline due to the incompetence of GWB.

Russia is noting well the pitfalls of capitalism so that they do not make the same mistakes, but they are a long way from returning to communism.

I just wish that Americans would learn as well.

...I just wish that Americans would learn as well.

We are at a crossroads election... Perhaps we'll get our world view straight for century 21. There is still a chance we can play a leadership role that is more serious than the dumping market for cheap Chinese crap.

Putin is a good example of the difference a man with leadership skills can make...

Remember Yeltsin?:booze:

-Joe

I hate to tell you this, but Russia is no longer a communist country. My wife is Russian and I have quite a lot of information from Russia from 'average working joes' in Russia.

Putin is not a communist, he as a member of the KGB were the most well informed people in the Soviet Union and were among the first turn turn anti-communist. Like most people patriotism to their country comes before loyalty to any ideology. I wish I could say the same for American capitalists.

It's the American people that can't seem to get over the cold war. The rest of the world, especially Russia wants to move on.

Americans dislike Putin because we can't stand a foreign leader that puts the interest of his own people above the interests of the world's wealthy elite.

Russia is growing in power at an incredible rate, due largely to the wisdom of Putin. While America has been in decline due to the incompetence of GWB.

Russia is noting well the pitfalls of capitalism so that they do not make the same mistakes, but they are a long way from returning to communism.

Agreed, there are still elements of the red scare that has been hammered into our brains here for quite some time. All I can say is get over it! Russia and the US need to repair the broken relations that Bush has caused!We need Russia as an ally!:eusa_whistle:

No one has answered my question, what do people in the Communist countries think of the American financial meltdown.

No one has answered my question, what do people in the Communist countries think of the American financial meltdown.
Why don't you try reading the news? The Russian Stock Market is down 64 percent since July.
Panic in Moscow: Behind the Russian Stock Market Meltdown - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
A series of shocks, including fears of a new cold war, caused share prices to fall even before this weeks turmoil. Foreign investors may not return soon.
Is history repeating itself? That's surely a question many Russians must be asking themselves. Almost exactly 10 years after the financial crash of 1998, Russian markets are once again in turmoil. On Sept. 16, Moscow's largest stock exchange, MICEX, fell by a jaw-dropping 17.5 percent, the largest one-day loss in a decade, while the rival RTS exchange was down by 11.5 percent. The free fall continued on Sept. 17, causing Russia's stock market regulator to suspend trading on both exchanges. The Russian central bank pumped a record $14.1 billion into the financial system, while the Finance Ministry said it would provide $44.9 billion in short-term loans to the country's biggest banks.
Hmm, my guess is; They're probably not as happy as you are about it.

This morning we caught the 'tail end' interview with leader of China, talking about the current sititation in the US. We only saw like the last 10 minutes. :( I wish we could have seen the entire show. My husband said he was sure it was on a CNN chanel ... we get 3 .... so I'm not sure which one it was on! :doubt:

The thing that stood out in my mind was how calm he was in talking about all of this shit going on..... here. Very different from the yelling, finger pointing, accusing that we are hearing from both McCain and Obama camps - when they need to be talking about the issues in front of them and not all of the BS! This man is no idiot .... I do not have false expections about his concern for the US, either ... but sure would like to hear what he had to say.

I have been trying to find a link to it with no luck so far - I would love to find a text version or video of the entire interview ..... anyone have a link?

Isn't that the very thing we get slammed for? Putting America first? Go figure.

You do realize that your link was dated ... Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Right? :eusa_eh:

Of course. Do a google search and you'll find plenty more. This particular story got international attention and all the guy did was contact people outside his own country! 150,000 people were forced to watch the execution!

Of course. Do a google search and you'll find plenty more. This particular story got international attention and all the guy did was contact people outside his own country! 150,000 people were forced to watch the execution!

150,000 people were forced to watch the execution!

:confused: So what does this have to do with the original question?
I would like to ask anyone living in a Communist country right now. What are the Communists newspapers saying about the American financial crisis.?

150,000 people were forced to watch the execution!

:confused: So what does this have to do with the original question?

I promise not to be rude...

Re-read the original question and my responses. If you still don't get it, I'm sure someone else will be more than happy to help you.

Good luck!

New Topics

Forum List

Back