Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense.

Regulatory policies are enacted by elected officials reflecting the will of the majority of the people.

If the people object to a given policy, they are at liberty to petition the government to change that policy, or to otherwise remove from office those elected officials who enacted the policy.

It’s called a republican form of government, nothing ‘communist’ about it.
Read my signature, dumbass.

Will they also require the batteries to store the electricity? Without those, you're only off grid during daylight hours. You know, when everyone is at work or school...

Battery technology/price has not made that a viable option as of yet. In another 2-3 years it should change. Edison, in Southern Calif, has discontinued the program of buying any excess electricity from consumers. The new program is they'll take the excess electricity and return 30% of it to you if needed.

Thanks, it's been nine years since I left California (after more than 34 years living there) and I haven't kept up.

Same slippery slope when they required cars to have seat belts.
that's not entirely untrue, in fact it is not untrue at all, it's being allowed to pass laws like seat belt laws that allowed liberals to pretend that dictating the wants and needs of the people was divine legislating...refrigerators are soon going to be required to have proper bathroom schedules attached, ya know, cuz seatbelt laws were allowed

Nonsense.

Regulatory policies are enacted by elected officials reflecting the will of the majority of the people.

If the people object to a given policy, they are at liberty to petition the government to change that policy, or to otherwise remove from office those elected officials who enacted the policy.

It’s called a republican form of government, nothing ‘communist’ about it.

euphemism
[yoo-fuh-miz-uh m]
noun
  1. the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt.

Cali has an energy problem . Also has a lot of sunlight !

Seems like a smart idea .

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But shouldn't the citizens be allowed to make that decision and not the government?
It's a form of taking property without just compensation.

This is what Obama Care started. Now government is going to tell you what you have to buy for yourself instead of you making that decision. Talk about a slippery slope.

Will they also require the batteries to store the electricity? Without those, you're only off grid during daylight hours. You know, when everyone is at work or school...

Battery technology/price has not made that a viable option as of yet. In another 2-3 years it should change. Edison, in Southern Calif, has discontinued the program of buying any excess electricity from consumers. The new program is they'll take the excess electricity and return 30% of it to you if needed.

Thanks, it's been nine years since I left California (after more than 34 years living there) and I haven't kept up.

Yup...it's only gotten worse.

that's not entirely untrue, in fact it is not untrue at all, it's being allowed to pass laws like seat belt laws that allowed liberals to pretend that dictating the wants and needs of the people was divine legislating...refrigerators are soon going to be required to have proper bathroom schedules attached, ya know, cuz seatbelt laws were allowed

Seat belt laws was a payback to insurance companies for their campaign contributions.

Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But shouldn't the citizens be allowed to make that decision and not the government?

You act as if the energy system out West ISNT heavily subsidized by the gov.

I don't know if it is or isn't, but what I do know is that when government starts forcing people to buy things they don't want, we have one foot in the communist grave already.

Huh, I wonder who in the solar panel industry is paying who to make a law like that?

Do, do you have solar panels? Are, are you going to buy solar panels?

What do you do for the planet? You sure use fossil fuel products.

Do you even know what a hypocrite is? Oh, i am sure solar panels will stop THE global warming, and I am sure no politician is being bought off by an industry.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

More of the left forcing Americans to make someone else an evil 1%er

This whole thing is like taking 50 lashes with a smile, then being indignant at getting kicked in the nuts. What the hell did you people expect when you voted for psychopaths to dominate your fellow man so you could have roads, or schools, or tanks, or whatever the hell you wanted but didn’t want to make happen yourself???

“Ugh... I don’t want to live on this planet anymore” - Larken Rose

Quit falling down the well...
Anything forced like this, nothing good can come from it... fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back