Communism is...

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
identical to the old world model of tyranny, but with a different set of rationalizations. It's about changing the regime, not doing away with oppression.

not really, tho that is true of most (or all) attempts at communism thus far. The soviet problem was due much more to the nature of its inception (revolution) and to corruption of the government (which led to a totalitarian state). Theoretically, a democratic govt could adopt a communist economy. Lately I've been trying to outline a democratic, communist/capitalist blend system but I'm easily distracted so haven't gotten very far on that.

Originally posted by Aquarian
not really, tho that is true of most (or all) attempts at communism thus far. The soviet problem was due much more to the nature of its inception (revolution) and to corruption of the government (which led to a totalitarian state). Theoretically, a democratic govt could adopt a communist economy. Lately I've been trying to outline a democratic, communist/capitalist blend system but I'm easily distracted so haven't gotten very far on that.

Yes. Ummm. Well... Keep me informed of you progress.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
identical to the old world model of tyranny, but with a different set of rationalizations. It's about changing the regime, not doing away with oppression.

It was the fever dream of Karl Marx and Joseph Engels...A couple of upper class diletantes and malcontents who'd never done a lick of work in their lives.

New Topics

Forum List

Back