Communication

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Communication via language use and other means of expression encompasses essentially most of what it means to be human, doesn’t it?

Many creatures communicate, albeit not to the level of complexity that humans do.

Where humans seem to differ is, we communicate abstract subjects and conjectures. To my knowledge, not even higher primates can do that.

what about non verbal communication?
DLC-WS-115-e1440796858420.jpg

...monkeys and human babies cannot make ''human'' sounds because of one very minor difference--their larynx is not in the same position
At birth the human larynx is in the normal, animal location, enabling babies to nurse without risk of choking. The larynx typically begins to move lower at about three months of age and reaches its final position by age four
But choking to death on food? Among primates, only we humans seem to be so lucky. The reason for the problem is that the human larynx has moved from its position in the lower part of the mouth where, in animals, it seals off the trachea as food and drink is swallowed.
''normal animal''.......???
The Human Larynx

Communication via language use and other means of expression encompasses essentially most of what it means to be human, doesn’t it?

This truism struck me when reflecting on how many different languages and forms of human communication are part of every day life.

Healthy communication demands good frequency. Now, what do I mean by frequency in the context of your question? In this context I'm talking about proper human relations. It's the way we carry ourselves which define good frequency or bad frequency between people. How other people view us, either positively or negatively, even further is whether we create a positive experience or a negative experience by our very presence among others.

Just be nice. Nobody has to agree about everything. People can disagree. Just be nice about it. That's good frequency. Good energy.

Last edited:

This truism struck me when reflecting on how many different languages and forms of human communication are part of every day life.
So deaf people aren't human? What if they eat beans?

What the heck are you talking about?

Are you deaf?

Healthy communication demands good frequency. Now, what do I mean by frequency in the context of your question? In this context I'm talking about proper human relations. It's the way we carry ourselves which define good frequency or bad frequency between people. How other people view us, either positively or negatively, even further is whether we create a positive experience or a negative experience by our very presence among others.

Just be nice. Nobody has to agree about everything. People can disagree. Just be nice about it. That's good frequency. Good energy.
I can usually sum up within minutes of meeting a person what type of personality and whether communication is even possible with them.
Bad folks put off bad vibes.

Are you deaf?

Sign language is a language, dumbass.

Are you deaf?

Not really, we just pretend that it is to make deaf people feel better.

Are you deaf?

Yes, it really is. It has grammar, syntax, and all of the other uses and flexibility that define that uniquely human creation. It is a real language, dumbass.

Are you deaf?

Yes, it really is. It has grammar, syntax, and all of the other uses and flexibility that define that uniquely human creation. It is a real language, dumbass.
It\s just a bunch of gang hand signals.

Are you deaf?

It\s just a bunch of gang hand signals.

You want to be funny, but you’re not.

Good point! Higher forms of communication just may be more definitive of what establishes human superiority moreso than...opposable thumbs, even! :eek:

iu

Forum List

Back