COMMON SENSE: The tool the left has lost to make rash political decsions

LOL your right

This is why you have a disabled reputation
you both have nothing to say that matters
If you do not like the thread
ignore it
it really is that simple. And no matter how bad our country gets and how much it needs change, the both of you will keep drinking the kool-aid and voting for the very people who have got us into this mess

I cannot make my point any better

Your right you cant make a point and this is the best you can do.

You messed up the thread title.

Its no big deal but true to con form you can take NO critisim and demand behavior of us you in no way would be willing to stick to yourself.

You hate people on the left.

We get it already

were exactly did yo find hate in anything I have ever said
In fact I voted democrat 50% of the time until the late 90s
The loons took the party over
Hate?
Debating on how I feel our president has failed us is not hate. His policies (or lack of) are harming everyone
Dems and Repubs

With respect,

Quit carrying the water for every Heritage hit piece. You're being played like a fiddle by the corporatists and capitistas.

With all due respect, of course.

where else are you going to get information that is composed in a professional manner that is accurate, it has given its sources and its just what its suppose to be
information

A million other places - the best place being the source, of course.

if you want cherry-picked data used to make every thing conservative look good and everything liberal look bad, you can stick to Heritage. It's obviously a strong source of confirmation bias for you. It's easier to accept Heritage's bias than to do your own research.

There is another example of the lack of common sense
Hate?
WE have 6 million jobs less than we had in 2008 and I think the person we hired to remedy these matters, or be a positive influence on them has failed
Hate?

With respect,

Quit carrying the water for every Heritage hit piece. You're being played like a fiddle by the corporatists and capitistas.

With all due respect, of course.

where else are you going to get information that is composed in a professional manner that is accurate, it has given its sources and its just what its suppose to be
information

if you want cherry-picked data used to make every thing conservative look good and everything liberal look bad, you can stick to Heritage. It's obviously a strong source of confirmation bias for you. It's easier to accept Heritage's bias than to do your own research.

It is my intent to cherry pick all of my information. Is it no different than claiming tax cuts caused the loss revenue while ignoring everything else?
And If I cherry info for one event, I do not go 180 for another just because I disagree with that person(s) policies
for example Debt and the interest that debt ac-curs
I hold BHO on what he adds, not what the interest that is added adds
I do it the same with all presidents and the congress that was in power during there terms

information

It is my intent to cherry pick all of my information.

that's obvious, believe me. Quite obvious.

It is my intent to cherry pick all of my information.

that's obvious, believe me. Quite obvious.

Why is that an issue?
for 8 years all we heard was GWB this
GWB that
GOP this
GOP that

5% UE was horrific
deficits in the 160-400 billion was out of control
Bush lied, people died

8 years, it never stopped
It has been 30 months sense he was in office and it has been sense 2007 when the dems took over congress and it is till his fault

and you have an issue with people sick of it?
you have an issue with people wondering how could so many be so wrong about this whole situation?

When have you ever heard NBC, CBS, ABC ask the simple question "why did the stimulus fail"
and yet they still ask the question of "how much of GWB this"

are you kidding me?

With respect

I have been on this message board for a few months and the one thing I have come to realize is Obama has taken away the lefts ability to use common sense

There talking about RR deficit in the 80s like it has anything to do with the 6 million jobs we lost since 08
It is constantly written that not one GOP candidate is above BHO in the polls
But against generic GOP BHO is getting pretty far behind
The left lay claim that if one would vote for X in the GOP primary and Y won the nomination, then of course that person would change from the GOP and vote for BHO and not vote for Y

What?

The reason there is a generic GOP candidate is to show that no matter who wins the nomination, those people are going to vote GOP

we are 162 billion from breaking even
2012 we are spending that over the budget per month, and some how GWB caused this
2001-2003
we lose 2 million jobs
2003-2008 we create close to 7 million, without spending 1 trillion dollars on a failed stimulus
Yet somehow BHO shovel ready trillion dollar stimulus/tarp deficit is again GWB fault. How is that?

You're clueless. Seriously.

With respect

I have been on this message board for a few months and the one thing I have come to realize is Obama has taken away the lefts ability to use common sense

There talking about RR deficit in the 80s like it has anything to do with the 6 million jobs we lost since 08
The left lay claim that if one would vote for X in the GOP primary and Y won the nomination, then of course that person would change from the GOP and vote for BHO and not vote for Y

What?

The reason there is a generic GOP candidate is to show that no matter who wins the nomination, those people are going to vote GOP

2012 we are spending that over the budget per month, and some how GWB caused this
2001-2003
we lose 2 million jobs
2003-2008 we create close to 7 million, without spending 1 trillion dollars on a failed stimulus
Yet somehow BHO shovel ready trillion dollar stimulus/tarp deficit is again GWB fault. How is that?

Then exactly why do you even care?
Seriously
If I thought that way about anybody, I would ignore them
Have a good day

With respect

What?

2001-2003
we lose 2 million jobs

Then exactly why do you even care?
Seriously
If I thought that way about anybody, I would ignore them
Have a good day

Where do you want me to start?

Population growth being what it is, there's a certain number of jobs that need to be created to absorb people entering the workforce. That number is around 140,000 per month on average. 140,000 per month times 12 months times 5 years (2003-2008) equals 8,400,000 jobs. How is the creation of 7 million jobs such a wonderful thing in a period of 5 years when it doesn't even keep up with population growth?

Last edited:
That title makes no sense whatsoever to me.
Is it just me?

No. The same is true of the OP as well.
And when tax rates are too low, a derailing economy will devastate the tax base.

Correct.

Indeed, the deficits are caused mostly by low taxes, not ‘government spending.’ That’s not only a fact, but common sense:

Bruce Bartlett notes that in addition to aging population, one of the biggest drivers of our record-high deficits is our record-low taxes:

According to the historical tables, federal revenues will only consume 14.4 percent of GDP this year – the lowest percentage since 1950. The postwar average is about 18.5 percent and there were many very prosperous years when revenues were considerably higher. In the late 1990s, they averaged more than 20 percent of GDP, which was a key reason why we ran budget surpluses.

He also notes that the President’s budget for future years assumes that the Bush tax cuts will expire and that other revenue increases will happen — a prospect that he and I both find politically dubious given the current state of the Republican Party.

And this is a problem, because the biggest driver of deficits is the drive to cut taxes at all costs. If we were still at Clinton-era tax rates, the deficit would be substantially smaller and much more manageable. And as I’ve noted previously, there does not appear to be any correlation between income tax rates and economic performance, despite the best efforts of conservative pundits to assert the opposite. And as Bartlett rightly notes, not all taxes are created equal:

The budget makes the important point that tax reform is necessary to ensure that the government’s revenue-raising capacity is adequate to fund the health and retirement benefits that people expect. Economists know how to design a tax code that can raise more revenue without increasing the economic burden of taxation. That is because some taxes impose a greater economic burden, which economists call the deadweight cost of taxation, than others. Thus tax reform has the potential to increase revenues while stimulating growth at the same time.

Taxes At An All-Time Low; Deficits At An All-Time High

With respect

What?

2001-2003
we lose 2 million jobs

Obama didn't take it away. They lost it long before Obama.... it was around the same time the GOP lost theirs.

People claim this thread mkes no sense
it is the liberals answer these days
ignore the message
attack the meesanger

it is simple

people who claim that spending has nothing to do with our problems have no answer as to why we were within 162 billion of a balanced budget in 2007 with the Iraq war wide open and with the same basic tax code in 2011 we cannot get that close in 1 month

its common sense

how are voting trends Obama's fault?

oh wait, everything is Obama's fault, I forgot.

You help make my point
who said anything about blame?
Obama and his policies have failed. My god man look at the money we have speny sense 2009 and the jobs we have lost
common sense

it is not personal
it is not about fault

In 09-10 does common sense dictate you try to change the way our health care system works or do we work on jobs?

We have all of these doors that are closed
Nuclear energy
Oil shale
Natural gas

What are we focused on?
how much more money we can borrow
Thats it

Forum List

Back