Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone

I’m just saying I don’t mind to learn my hunting rifle is only 3+1. I think that makes sense and would be ok if they never made them with more.

The nuts usually go buy their shit at the store. They aren’t going on the black market to find higher capacity rounds and ways to maximize damage. Some do but most just work with what’s available. Or what their parents have.

I wish klebolt and Harris parents only had five round revolvers.

The answer is simple...
Democrats-Should-Not-Have-Guns.jpg
Yet you don’t want anything stopping us from getting guns? Or any system that might catch and stop a nut?

Unfortunately casualties are a terrible byproduct of freedom and liberty.
Government regulation of freedom and liberty sucks...We have plenty now.
Why not prefer the imposition of a full police state in Democratic strongholds...Why not impose our will on the bad guys only?
We do. Blue states have different laws than red ones. People in red states don’t have to deal with the kinds of people we have to deal with if you know what I mean.

For example some red states allow conceal carry without a permit. Republicans in Michigan almost passed it but I’m sure they didn’t want blacks to be able to carry guns freely without having to first go through the class and jump through the hoops.

You know who hates guns? Cops.

Wrong.....your regular cops like people to carry guns....actual research shows this...

Police Gun Control Survey: Are legally-armed citizens the best solution to gun violence?

And when it comes to finding ways to reduce gun violence and large scale shootings, most cops say a federal ban on so-called “assault weapons” isn’t the answer.

More than 91 percent of respondents say it would either have no effect or a negative effect in reducing violent crime. This is an overwhelming response by those whose job it is to actually deal with this issue on the front lines.

Instead, it is interesting to note that many respondents consider armed citizens as a potential asset in reducing the carnage from a mass murder situation; proactive choices dominate over gun and magazine restrictions and bans.

More than 91 percent of respondents support the concealed carry of firearms by civilians who have not been convicted of a felony and/or not been deemed psychologically/medically incapable.

A full 86 percent feel that casualties would have been reduced or avoided in recent tragedies like Newtown and Aurora if a legally-armed citizen was present (casualties reduced: 80 percent; avoided altogether: 60 percent).

And you are wrong on this...

Republicans in Michigan almost passed it but I’m sure they didn’t want blacks to be able to carry guns freely without having to first go through the class and jump through the hoops.

It is the democrat party that keeps Black Americans from owning and carrying guns...it goes all the way back when the kkk, the terrorist arm of the democrat party, worked to disarm their Black victims....
Republicans in Michigan could have passed it. I wanted them to. They pussed out

NRA and supporters say common sense gun regulations are the government attempting to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
Bull Shit - it is an evil attempt to confuse logical arguments for gun control. Those who confuse the discussion with lies all have blood on their hands.
I’m getting a Ruger 1911 45. Holds 8 plus 1. A smart regulation is to not make clips any bigger than this. It’s enough.

Good guys with guns can stop a bad guy with a gun as long as bad guy doesn’t have an assault rifle that can shoot or spray 40 bullets at a time.

Why would it be better to limit the ability to kill to eight people in lieu of nine people or twenty people? Some otherwise logical people seem to get fascinated by the number of people killed, versus the fact that people are killed.

Children are killed, all over this country, at school, on the way to school, or on the way home from school, every day, and few seem to notice. So, what is the magic number of dead people that causes so much concern? It is obviously not the deaths, it is the numbers of deaths that creates the concern.
There is no ultimate solve all solution. The goal is to lower the number of people a nut can kill because guns aren’t going away.

You’re talking about a completely different problem. Why people kill. I’m just trying to lower the number of people they can kill. I wish none of us could get a ten round clip because they don’t make them.

And my Ruger bushmaster only holds 4. And you have to do the thing each time to unload the spent cartridge and put another in the chamber. I couldn’t do the kind of damage the Vegas shooter did. Or the guys on the movie heat with their assault weapons. That was based on a real case. Those weapons shouldn’t be available.

Solve the crazy male problem first then I’ll consider letting anyone own and carry a gun.

Knives kill more people each and every year than all rifle types......let alone AR-15s....you have no rational argument for banning 8 million rifles when only one or two each year are abused by criminals...following your logic, all cars should be banned since they kill over 38,000 people a year....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Rifles...still kill fewer people each year than knives... 403

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

NRA and supporters say common sense gun regulations are the government attempting to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
Bull Shit - it is an evil attempt to confuse logical arguments for gun control. Those who confuse the discussion with lies all have blood on their hands.
I’m getting a Ruger 1911 45. Holds 8 plus 1. A smart regulation is to not make clips any bigger than this. It’s enough.

Good guys with guns can stop a bad guy with a gun as long as bad guy doesn’t have an assault rifle that can shoot or spray 40 bullets at a time.

Why would it be better to limit the ability to kill to eight people in lieu of nine people or twenty people? Some otherwise logical people seem to get fascinated by the number of people killed, versus the fact that people are killed.

Children are killed, all over this country, at school, on the way to school, or on the way home from school, every day, and few seem to notice. So, what is the magic number of dead people that causes so much concern? It is obviously not the deaths, it is the numbers of deaths that creates the concern.
There is no ultimate solve all solution. The goal is to lower the number of people a nut can kill because guns aren’t going away.

You’re talking about a completely different problem. Why people kill. I’m just trying to lower the number of people they can kill. I wish none of us could get a ten round clip because they don’t make them.

And my Ruger bushmaster only holds 4. And you have to do the thing each time to unload the spent cartridge and put another in the chamber. I couldn’t do the kind of damage the Vegas shooter did. Or the guys on the movie heat with their assault weapons. That was based on a real case. Those weapons shouldn’t be available.

Solve the crazy male problem first then I’ll consider letting anyone own and carry a gun.

Knives kill more people each and every year than all rifle types......let alone AR-15s....you have no rational argument for banning 8 million rifles when only one or two each year are abused by criminals...following your logic, all cars should be banned since they kill over 38,000 people a year....

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

I just don’t want nuts to be able to buy 20 round clips and automatic weapons. Are there no limits?

What if I made a laser gun that could cut down anyone within a mile of me. And then one day a nut buys one of my guns and goes into Dallas stadium or a mega church on Sunday and wipes everyone out. Or they go to a trump rally.

Then I would mass produce these and sell them for $5 a piece so everyone can have one. And at least once a week a town in America is wiped out by a nut who snaps. Would you not ban this wmd? Of course you would. So you know there are limits.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

I just don’t want nuts to be able to buy 20 round clips and automatic weapons. Are there no limits?

What if I made a laser gun that could cut down anyone within a mile of me. And then one day a nut buys one of my guns and goes into Dallas stadium or a mega church on Sunday and wipes everyone out. Or they go to a trump rally.

Then I would mass produce these and sell them for $5 a piece so everyone can have one. And at least once a week a town in America is wiped out by a nut who snaps. Would you not ban this wmd? Of course you would. So you know there are limits.

No....there are only limits on people who have been found guilty of actual crimes. You don't set policy for normal people because a Right might be abused. There were 12....only 12 times in 2018 where criminals used guns in mass shootings killing a total of 93 people...

Meanwhile, normal Americans used their legal guns, on average, 1.1 million times a year....

Also.....there are close to, if not over, 8 million AR-15s in private hands......and 2 or 3 a year are misused in crimes........

2 or 3 out of 8 million. You do not set policy on 2 or 3 crimes a year......not when a Constitutional Right is involved.

You truly are an idiot.

Fully automatic rifles, those that "spray 40 bullets at a time" have been outlawed since the 1930's.

An AR-15 works no differently than the Ruger SR1911 you claim to be "getting." One shot per trigger pull.
You support me getting guns though right?

And aren’t you happy those guns have been outlawed since the 30s? Well I just think there are some guns that are available now that are a little too dangerous. You can keep yours just don’t produce those anymore.

You should only get a muzzleloader. Lol

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

No....there are only limits on people who have been found guilty of actual crimes. You don't set policy for normal people because a Right might be abused. There were 12....only 12 times in 2018 where criminals used guns in mass shootings killing a total of 93 people...

Meanwhile, normal Americans used their legal guns, on average, 1.1 million times a year....

Also.....there are close to, if not over, 8 million AR-15s in private hands......and 2 or 3 a year are misused in crimes........

2 or 3 out of 8 million. You do not set policy on 2 or 3 crimes a year......not when a Constitutional Right is involved.
I like the idea that more and more good Americans are armed. I wish I didn’t have to take the class to carry my gun concealed. I would carry it everywhere immediately.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

I like the idea that more and more good Americans are armed. I wish I didn’t have to take the class to carry my gun concealed. I would carry it everywhere immediately.

That class is unConstitutional......they need to be challenged in court and ended...

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

That class is unConstitutional......they need to be challenged in court and ended...
I knew Michigan republicans wouldn’t get it done and I’m sure the reason was Detroit flint and Saginaw if you know what I mean.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

I agree. This needs to be challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court. Then this can be legislated from the bench.

If this isn’t done then I guess republicans don’t all agree on what is and isn’t constitutional.

“Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone”

True.

In fact, there are common sense measures that can be taken having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms, such as universal background checks and ensuring the states have the funding and ability to update the NICS database in a timely manner.

But the NRA and most on the right continue to propagate their ridiculous lie and slippery slope fallacy that common sense measures will lead to the ‘banning’ of all guns and their eventual ‘confiscation.’

Cut the crap. Gun bans have been the left's goal for decades
I feel you and people like you will no longer be tolerated.
There is a tsunami of emotion and actions, led by the young, that will drive you into your rat hole.

what does that remind me of

cant quite put my finger on it

5100.jpg

i like the part when they kill all the teachers who filled their heads with this nonsense to begin with

THATS the best stop on the road to utopia

True.

In fact, there are common sense measures that can be taken having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms, such as universal background checks and ensuring the states have the funding and ability to update the NICS database in a timely manner.

But the NRA and most on the right continue to propagate their ridiculous lie and slippery slope fallacy that common sense measures will lead to the ‘banning’ of all guns and their eventual ‘confiscation.’

An unarmed populace is an obedient populace.

All combined law enforcement in America, local, state, and federal, is able to forcibly control just about 1% of the population. IF the population rises up against our masters, there is literally nothing the government could do to stop us. Disarming the population would offer a significant psychological advantage to the state, though in reality would do little to change the odds.

The Globalist Oligarchs who rule us depend on the illusion that we are helpless against them. Should we ever truly move to retake America, there is little the Soros Cabal could do to counter it. This is why Trump is such a threat to them, he shows a man standing up to the ruling elite and winning.
Watch out or would-be totalitarian liberals will say they'll nuke you if you don't comply.

Yes, the fantasy of the left that the military will back them, because reasons...

The reason was a single stack magazine wan't hold more that that without sticking out the bottom of the mag well. lol
I’m just saying I don’t mind to learn my hunting rifle is only 3+1. I think that makes sense and would be ok if they never made them with more.

The nuts usually go buy their shit at the store. They aren’t going on the black market to find higher capacity rounds and ways to maximize damage. Some do but most just work with what’s available. Or what their parents have.

I wish klebolt and Harris parents only had five round revolvers.

The answer is simple...
Democrats-Should-Not-Have-Guns.jpg
Yet you don’t want anything stopping us from getting guns? Or any system that might catch and stop a nut?

Unfortunately casualties are a terrible byproduct of freedom and liberty.
Government regulation of freedom and liberty sucks...We have plenty now.
Why not prefer the imposition of a full police state in Democratic strongholds...Why not impose our will on the bad guys only?
We do. Blue states have different laws than red ones. People in red states don’t have to deal with the kinds of people we have to deal with if you know what I mean.

For example some red states allow conceal carry without a permit. Republicans in Michigan almost passed it but I’m sure they didn’t want blacks to be able to carry guns freely without having to first go through the class and jump through the hoops.

You know who hates guns? Cops.
First off, don't project blue state racism on red states. Second, cops do not hate guns.

The other standout takeaway, cited both by Ron Avery and Dan Marcou, is our overwhelming belief that the best defense against gun crime and mass shootings is an armed citizenry. A whopping 91 percent of those polled support concealed carry by honest/screened citizens.

When asked how important armed citizens are in reducing the overall crime rate — on a scale of one to five (with one being low and five being high) — 54 percent rate the effectiveness of citizens at a “5.” And more than 86 percent of the respondents feel a legally armed citizen at the Newtown or Aurora incidents could have reduced or eliminated casualties.
If you're this ignorant about guns, perhaps you shouldn't own any.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467
But no one ever successfully resisted tyranny with cars, knives, hands & feet, and clubs.

That's why the left doesn't care about them.

I repeat: The left doesn't want you safer, they want you disarmed.

True.

An unarmed populace is an obedient populace.

All combined law enforcement in America, local, state, and federal, is able to forcibly control just about 1% of the population. IF the population rises up against our masters, there is literally nothing the government could do to stop us. Disarming the population would offer a significant psychological advantage to the state, though in reality would do little to change the odds.

The Globalist Oligarchs who rule us depend on the illusion that we are helpless against them. Should we ever truly move to retake America, there is little the Soros Cabal could do to counter it. This is why Trump is such a threat to them, he shows a man standing up to the ruling elite and winning.
Watch out or would-be totalitarian liberals will say they'll nuke you if you don't comply.

Yes, the fantasy of the left that the military will back them, because reasons...
That will never happen.

You support me getting guns though right?

No more or less than I support you getting a chainsaw or a motorcycle.

And aren’t you happy those guns have been outlawed since the 30s? Well I just think there are some guns that are available now that are a little too dangerous. You can keep yours just don’t produce those anymore.

You should only get a muzzleloader. Lol

Fully automatic rifles are only useful for suppressive fire. Outlawing them was stupid and a publicity stunt.

The most accurate weapon I own is a single shot Thompson Center .22 LR. I can take the wings off a gnat at 100 yards with it. With the 1911, you won't hit anything at further than 25 feet, so the Thompson is 12 times more effective. After that is my Weatherby .30-06, not as precise but I'm effective at 300 yards and those who are really good at 500 yards. Bolt action, 3 round internal magazine.

See, you spew an opinion you have formed based on utter and complete ignorance

'Splain us what those regulations are, liar.

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467
But no one ever successfully resisted tyranny with cars, knives, hands & feet, and clubs.

That's why the left doesn't care about them.

I repeat: The left doesn't want you safer, they want you disarmed.

They want to ban cars too....just listen to AOC, and the other leftists.....

We already have common sense gun laws

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

(5) who, being an alien—

(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or

(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26)));

(6) who [2] has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;

(7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;

(8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that—

(A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and

(B)

(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or

(ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or

(9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

Exceptions as quoted from 18 U.S.C. 921 (a)(33)(B):

(ii) A person shall not be considered to have been convicted of such an offense for purposes of this chapter if the conviction has been expunged or set aside, or is an offense for which the person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored (if the law of the applicable jurisdiction provides for the loss of civil rights under such an offense) unless the pardon, expungement, or restoration of civil rights expressly provides that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.

What we need to do is enforce them and put the people who violate them in prison

Anytime someone says common sense in front of it or the peoples republic of insert country here........its a red flag that really means they hate guns and the hate the country.

Yes. Have you had any instruction in the proper operation of a hand gun? When the gun malfunctions, you TAP, as in hit the magazine smartly with the off hand. Then you RACK the slide with the offhand smartly with the off hand. Then it’s “front sight acquire fire. Tap rack bang drills were invented by 1911 operators because their highly customized 1911’s would jam allot. This is basic stuff. Maybe you should go with the .45 colt/.45ACP red hawk ? Less hassles and .45 colt is a fun round and easy to reload if you ever do that.

Sealy will kill himself if he actually gets a firearm. He is an idiot without the first clue as to how they operate. This may not be such a bad thing, but how many others will he injure or kill due to his ignorance and stupidity.

sealybobo IF you really are going to buy a gun, PLEASE take an NRA gun safety class first. These are NOT toys.

And a 1911 while awesome, is an easy weapon to have an Accident with. Glocks were sent by God to fix the mistakes made in the designs of all other hand guns.
More people have accidental discharges, even lethal ones, with Glocks ; than any other gun I can think of. Having to pull the trigger to disassemble has contributed to unknown numbers of accidental discharges and deaths... Glocks are ho-hum at best.

Forum List

Back