"common Sense Gun Laws"

Well, my step son has found out that the application to get his license to carry costs $100!! I was actually kind of shocked. Does that sound right to any of you, and how can they get away with that?

sounds steep

out here it is 10 bucks

Well, my step son has found out that the application to get his license to carry costs $100!! I was actually kind of shocked. Does that sound right to any of you, and how can they get away with that?

It's called a "Sin Tax".

I didn't realize that would apply to a right. Are you sure about that? Regardless, I can't believe they can get away with that. It just doesn't seem right IMO.

Eh, if politicians can slap a tax on something that they can point to as unpopular or "bad for you", they will do it. This was in Mass., right?

It's called a "Sin Tax".

I didn't realize that would apply to a right. Are you sure about that? Regardless, I can't believe they can get away with that. It just doesn't seem right IMO.

Eh, if politicians can slap a tax on something that they can point to as unpopular or "bad for you", they will do it. This was in Mass., right?

Massachusetts, yes. I think that is outrageous. :rolleyes-41:

It's called a "Sin Tax".

It's a processing fee. You are paying a bureaucrat to read over your form and check your name against a few databases.

It's called a "Sin Tax".

It's a processing fee. You are paying a bureaucrat to read over your form and check your name against a few databases.

Why is it $100 in my state and only $10 dollars in another state? Hmm. Sounds like it's a way to discourage the more poor people from exercising their rights.

It's called a "Sin Tax".

Why is it $100 in my state and only $10 dollars in another state? Hmm. Sounds like it's a way to discourage the more poor people from exercising their rights.
Maybe the other state just files the document, where your state may be bound by state law to do something with it.

It's called a "Sin Tax".

Maybe the other state just files the document, where your state may be bound by state law to do something with it.

Well, there is supposed to be that new procedure that I posted about earlier in the thread. I don't know if that is going to add to the cost. In my state the chiefs of police approve or disapprove applications, as it stands right now (as far as I know), but there is supposed to be a procedure put in place to have those applications that are denied to be reviewed to make sure that the chiefs actually have valid reasons for denying a person his or her license.

Personally, I've never owned a gun, so I don't know anything about it. I'll post more as I find out new things though.

Forum List

Back