Common Sense Crime Prevention... or "How best to organize your community"

Well, let me throw my two cents in.

Someone has to chose between robbing a home, where the owner is known for having guns, and his neighbor is known for not having guns...which will the criminal take?

Our legal system, IMO, is a joke. Case in point, remember the L.A. riots...the truck driver that got smacked in the head, and the young man that did it? The jury was told that they had to take into consideration "...his mind set in the midest of the riots..." he gets off. A year later he's in court for rape and murder of a seven month pregnant woman. My Point?

It seems that there is no more respondsibility anymore. A 40 year old man, commits murder, I don't care how he was raised. A 17 year kills an old lady for $20 needs to die. Problem is, we as a culture have gotten to the point of explaining away their actions. It's either up bring, music, video's, t.v. or whatever...but then we wonder why we can't walk the streets at night. Maybe when we can get back to when things were normal, when people to responsibility for their actions, maybe we won't need guns in our home. Until that time, I'll keep mine.

SNAKE

Sure.

Anybody who sells alcohol, tobacco, or firearms is taking on some bad karma.

Other than totally ducking the OT and pertinent questions, do you have a point?

Personally I would be happy to see you attempt to interweave karma and the second amendment.

And, even if you didn't type the words..... a reading of all your posts on the matter places blame on everyone but the actual criminals.

Other than totally ducking the OT and pertinent questions, do you have a point?

Personally I would be happy to see you attempt to interweave karma and the second amendment.

And, even if you didn't type the words..... a reading of all your posts on the matter places blame on everyone but the actual criminals.

We are not discussing crime.

We are discussing gun deaths.

Big difference.

it's just as easy to overdose or slice your wrists or hang yourself as to shoot yourself so you better ban razor blades, ropes etc. And a crime of passion will not be stopped if there are no guns. A knife or baseball bat will do just fine so better ban them too.

And you haven't said word one condemning criminals. it was all the legal gun owners fault for providing guns to crooks.

My family is doing just fine. i don't have the time energy or desire to meddle in anyone else's family. But i will protect mine at all costs

And you'd be the first whiner to side with criminals if they were getting their hands lopped off for stealing.

I'll just shoot any bastard that breaks into my house while I'm home. If he tries when I'm not home I'll let my alarm company call the cops and wish him good luck trying to get into my gun locker with the fingerprint scanner; that is if he can find it.

And any crime committed by a criminal using a gun should carry an extremely harsh sentence I'm all for it but don't blame law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals.

Once again, pretending that I hold positions I don't is bullshit. But you do it so well.

As I said, if you want to stop crime, strengthen the family and make sentencing tougher. Those are the things that will deter crime.

Good for you, and I wish no such tragedy for you or your loved ones .. but tragedy for thr home of gun owners happens more often than tragedy for criminals through use of that gun.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I recognize Americans are gun-crazy.

I grew up in Detroit and I've lived in urban environments all my life .. never needed nor owned a gun, never will. My dog is very good at keeping intruders out of our home .. and he'll never shoot my wife or kids.

Pets turn on their owners all the time...

Pit bull attacks owner in Evansville : News : Evansville Courier Press

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/OtherBreedBites/2007/March/GSD0307.pdf

Dog attacks owner, woman in hospital with severe injuries |republicanherald.com | The REPUBLICAN & Herald

Who in the fuck wants to come to your fucking home dummy?

Whuh? Did you slip a cog here sis? We're discussing criminals that enter people's homes without regard for the rights of the home owner... Is this some sort of projection wherein the product of leftism is not running around strong arming people, violating the sanctity of lives of the innocent? Because it sure seems like the well worn leftist tactic which says "everything is fine, there's no need to recognize reality and take emasures to defend yourself from those who go about their lives stripping innocent people of their property, their health, their peace of mind... simply because they feel their 'need' supersedes the right of those innocent people to that to which they are truly entitled?

My own home is sweet .. beautiful and expensive art hanging on every concievable spot on the walls .. everything in it is laid out to near pefection .. my office is corporate ready .. two sweet motherfucking paid for cars in our long ass driveway .. what in the fuck would I need from your backwoods country pick-up truck ass?

Again you slip off into a wholly unfounded profanity laced illusion...

You're the dummy who said "give me your address" you stupid fuck

Yes... I did; and I did so to encourage the sense in you, of THE POTENTIAL that you and your property are at risk... This in an effort to help you understand a sense that I am keenly aware of; a sense born from experience spanning more than 30 years wherein, my home, my vehicle, my business have been burglarized, where my life and safety, as well as that of my family were violated; a sense redoubled by direct threats to my life which twice required the use of a firearm in defense of this life. This, a result of others who were previously unknown to me; strangers who had decided that they would impart their power to infringe upon my means to exercise my rights, with absolutely no regard for me, my family or that to which we were absolutely entitled: Our possessions and our lives.

And you're response, as a person who projects themselves to be one of ‘tolerance and understanding of others...;’ a person so cool in their projected demeanor, at least to the point of reality which existed just prior to this response, was that you had no sense of ever having been threatened, or of ever being in a place where you felt the need to project power in defense of that which is yours... YET, here you are spewing profanity and rage, in a knee-jerk reaction of little more than a simple point of debate, wherein you merely felt the potential of a threat; a threat which could never amount to anything; a point which at the zenith of its efficacy was and would always remain within the confines of an anonymous message board.

That represents quite a hostile reaction, that doesn't remotely square with the cool persona which you previously sought to project; one wherein you were never and could never see yourself in a position wherein you'd face the reality of a threat to your property, your health, your life and that of your family and have a very real need to defend it; a defense which must represent vastly more power than you are personally capable of projecting; and projecting without exposing that to which you’re protecting to the very real potential of being destroyed. Meaning that you, it seemed to me, were clearly promoting the sense that you could never see yourself being in a position wherein you could not handle whatever threat came at you, without the need of a firearm; which in and of itself is a form of delusion; an illusion manifested by that which is not real; but which you fail to recognize as such.

So something is askew... and while I can't say what that something is, precisely, I can say that you're position is not one which rests in honesty... Clearly, you're a person with a heightened sense; a sense which is easily offended and one which initiates a barely controllable rage.

I suspect that you do not want a gun around, because you fear that you will not have the discipline to resist using it, where such is not justifiably called for. And I have to say that given this exchange... you're probably right. I'd say that as a result, you feel the need to contest everyone's right to own and bear firearms, because of your own frailties... which is typical of the ideological left. "It's not fair that others can and you ‘can’t’..."

This stupid ass clown shit is your reponse to getting your ass shown to be just another uneducated dummy when I posted evidence that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Oh yes... It's clear, as demonstrated by your vast vocabulary and skillful rhetoric; that you're one in possession of a vast intellect, which sets upon high education and which has manifested into a deep and penetrating wisdom...

I think Dr. Cosby has spoken to this sort of crippling failure. And I would wager that you were among those who excoriated him for having the temerity to criticize that highest of holies... "The Black Culture;" ignorantly setting aside his lifetime membership and his longstanding contributions to such, which had long set him as one known to be in ‘good standing’ within that culture.

Give me more .. the backups are doing fine running on their own .. nothing I love more than playing with a racist ass ignorant motherfucker like you.

Your 'back-ups' are little more than common anti-gun propaganda. Beyond that, they're lies which rest on invalid statistical data and which set within logically invalid arguments which serve as source to prop up various intellectually unsound positions…

But... lol... your rush to declare me a racist, because I contest your intellectual limitations is itself a demonstration of racism... I don’t give a red rats rear what color your skin is. It’s your ideas which offend me… it’s what you THINK that I recognize as a threat and summarily reject. Yet you were the one that was incapable of handling the argument and ran to drop the race card… in hopes of changing the subject to that which you feel is one which you cannot lose. It’s always the same with you people…

I think that I may start referring to you as Doctor Irony: Pompous Fool...

Nice try. Your withdrawal is noted.

No, your ignorance is showing.

So, when you are beaten on the OT you attempt more deflection. A bit of looking at the posting history will show that I am more conversant in your topic than you are in mine. Apparently you are the ignorant one.

C'mon Chris, surely you aren't going to roll over this easily. It's Sunday and I'm bored, bring on some more of that Karma stuff.

So, when you are beaten on the OT you attempt more deflection. A bit of looking at the posting history will show that I am more conversant in your topic than you are in mine. Apparently you are the ignorant one.

C'mon Chris, surely you aren't going to roll over this easily. It's Sunday and I'm bored, bring on some more of that Karma stuff.

No, you are just lying and now you are lying about your lying and being arrogant.

Meanwhile, the blood continues to flow....

Great video! I keep a Marlin 30/30 in my closet as insurance.

Anyone have stats on how many Americans have been killed by STUPIDITY in the last thirty years?

A Marlin 30/30 would certainly do the job, although I'd be afraid I'd take out the neighbors as well. A lot of people get shot by their own gun, but I don't see that as a problem. That's just nature's way of eliminating the idiots.

A Marlin 30/30 would certainly do the job, although I'd be afraid I'd take out the neighbors as well. A lot of people get shot by their own gun, but I don't see that as a problem. That's just nature's way of eliminating the idiots.

So gun owners are idiots?

Hmmm.....you could have a point there.

No, you are just lying and now you are lying about your lying and being arrogant.

Meanwhile, the blood continues to flow....

This is little more than the typical flaccid retorts of the humiliated.

The ideological left serves as nothing more than the political means by which the stupid are able to project their voice; the right to self defense is the first right... and absent that right, what possible good could there be in any 'human-right'?

Let the record reflect that this thread has provided the left with yet another look at their own ass, as it has once again been handed directly to them!

:clap2: BRAVO! to those Americans which contested the left on this thread. :clap2:

Last edited:
The United States leads the world's richest nations in gun deaths -- murders, suicides, and accidental deaths due to guns - according to a study published April 17, 1998 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the International Journal of Epidemiology.

The U.S. was first at 14.24 gun deaths per 100,000 people. Two other countries in the Americas came next. Brazil was second with 12.95, followed by Mexico with 12.69.

Japan had the lowest rate, at 0.05 gun deaths per 100,000 (1 per 2 million people). The police in Japan actively raid homes of those suspected of having weapons.

The 36 countries in the study were the richest in the World Bank's 1994 World Development Report, having the highest GNP per capita income.

The United States accounted for 45 percent of the 88,649 gun deaths reported in the study, the first comprehensive international scrutiny of gun-related deaths.

The gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in 1994 by country were as follows:

U.S.A. 14.24
Brazil 12.95
Mexico 12.69
Estonia 12.26
Argentina 8.93
Northern Ireland 6.63
Finland 6.46
Switzerland 5.31
France 5.15
Canada 4.31
Norway 3.82
Austria 3.70
Portugal 3.20
Israel 2.91
Belgium 2.90
Australia 2.65
Slovenia 2.60
Italy 2.44
New Zealand 2.38
Denmark 2.09
Sweden 1.92
Kuwait 1.84
Greece 1.29
Germany 1.24
Hungary 1.11
Ireland 0.97
Spain 0.78
Netherlands 0.70
Scotland 0.54
England and Wales 0.41
Taiwan 0.37
Singapore 0.21
Mauritius 0.19
Hong Kong 0.14
South Korea 0.12
Japan 0.05

Gun Deaths - Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors - MedicineNet.com

The United States leads the world's richest nations in gun deaths -- murders, suicides, and accidental deaths due to guns - according to a study published April 17, 1998 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the International Journal of Epidemiology.

The U.S. was first at 14.24 gun deaths per 100,000 people. Two other countries in the Americas came next. Brazil was second with 12.95, followed by Mexico with 12.69.

Japan had the lowest rate, at 0.05 gun deaths per 100,000 (1 per 2 million people). The police in Japan actively raid homes of those suspected of having weapons.

The 36 countries in the study were the richest in the World Bank's 1994 World Development Report, having the highest GNP per capita income.

The United States accounted for 45 percent of the 88,649 gun deaths reported in the study, the first comprehensive international scrutiny of gun-related deaths.

The gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in 1994 by country were as follows:

U.S.A. 14.24
Brazil 12.95
Mexico 12.69
Estonia 12.26
Argentina 8.93
Northern Ireland 6.63
Finland 6.46
Switzerland 5.31
France 5.15
Canada 4.31
Norway 3.82
Austria 3.70
Portugal 3.20
Israel 2.91
Belgium 2.90
Australia 2.65
Slovenia 2.60
Italy 2.44
New Zealand 2.38
Denmark 2.09
Sweden 1.92
Kuwait 1.84
Greece 1.29
Germany 1.24
Hungary 1.11
Ireland 0.97
Spain 0.78
Netherlands 0.70
Scotland 0.54
England and Wales 0.41
Taiwan 0.37
Singapore 0.21
Mauritius 0.19
Hong Kong 0.14
South Korea 0.12
Japan 0.05

Gun Deaths - Health and Medical Information Produced by Doctors - MedicineNet.com

Take out suicides, what do you find?

Bureau of Justice Statistics Key Facts at a Glance - Firearm deaths by intent

Forum List

Back