Common Sense Crime Prevention... or "How best to organize your community"

A million Americans killed by guns is only a number? Yep, just like a million killed by cars is only a number.

Not to the people that loved them. Very true. The statistics are so huge that they cannot register on a personal level. I will agree that each is a tragedy for someone somewhere. Including all my years in the service in some fairly ugly places, I still knew more people killed in a car than by criminal gun violence or even by accident.

I was talking to a friend of mine at work today and telling her about the conversation here. She told me that her father and mother in law were alway arguing with her about gun control. They were pro gun. They even bought their daughter a gun as a gift. Their son found out about it and insisted that they give the gun to him instead....so they did. A couple of years later he used the gun to kill his wife and himself. They don't argue with my friend about gun control anymore. I'm sorry for thier loss. But if he was going to kill anyone he would have done it with or without a gun.

Here we go again. Guns are inanimate objects. It is the behavior of the people you need to modify. It is exactly like irresponsible use of any potentially dangerous tool.

Try this question please. Assume you will not get guns banned due to the Constitutional issues. OK? How do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals without infringing on law abiding citizens rights to own them?

I'll check back after work. C'ya.

Hey fuckface, I am sure that surgeon has seen car accidents that made him cry too. He should start a movement to make automobiles illegal and so should you.

Silly argument.

The purpose of cars is to go from place to place.

The purpose of guns is to kill.

fact is that most big city emergency room shootings are done by criminals with illegally owned weapons.

So take the guns out of the hands of criminals and leave us law abiding citizens alone.

1.4 million guns were stolen in the U.S. in the last fifteen years.

So the "law abiding citizens" are the ones providing criminals with guns.

Thanks again, NRA!

Chris said:
I talked to an emergency room surgeon who was profoundly effected by gun violence because he sees it everyday at his job. He was almost in tears when I talked to him. He felt that something must be done to stop the killing.

LOL And of course your solution is to disarm the innocent people.

1.4 million guns were stolen in the U.S. in the last fifteen years.

So the "law abiding citizens" are the ones providing criminals with guns.

Thanks again, NRA!

A criminal stealing from a person is not tantamount to the victim of said theft "providing" the criminal with anything

has anyone here actually drawn a bead on another human out of a bona fide need for self defense here (in America)....?

Of course it is.

so an owner of a liquor store gets a case of jack Daniels stolen then, if the criminal who stole the booze stole a car and drove drunk into a mall killing three people, you would say that the store owner and the owner of the car "provided" the crook with alcohol and a car to use as a weapon?

has anyone here actually drawn a bead on another human out of a bona fide need for self defense here (in America)....?

I haven't personally, but it's nice to know I have the option of protecting my home, my family and my business if the need arises.

so an owner of a liquor store gets a case of jack Daniels stolen then, if the criminal who stole the booze stole a car and drove drunk into a mall killing three people, you would say that the store owner and the owner of the car "provided" the crook with alcohol and a car to use as a weapon?

Sure.

Anybody who sells alcohol, tobacco, or firearms is taking on some bad karma.

Sure.

Anybody who sell alcohol, tobacco, or firearms is taking on some bad karma.

now you're just being an idiot.

So the criminal in all these scenarios is completely exculpated. It's the guy who owns a gun or sells a six pack that is somehow morally in the wrong.

See how you feel when you are the victim of a crime.

So the criminal in all these scenarios is completely exculpated. It's the guy who owns a gun or sells a six pack that is somehow morally in the wrong.

Pretending I said something I didn't is not a good way to debate. Increasing the supply of guns makes guns available to criminals and also makes crimes of passion and suicides easier.

If you want to stop crime, strengthen the family because the lack of a father at home is the biggest common denominator in juvenile crime. It crosses all racial and economic lines.

Likewise if you want to stop crime, make the punishment for crimes tougher. There are no thieves in Saudi Arabia.

Pretending I said something I didn't is not a good way to debate. Increasing the supply of guns makes guns available to criminals and also makes crimes of passion and suicides easier.

it's just as easy to overdose or slice your wrists or hang yourself as to shoot yourself so you better ban razor blades, ropes etc. And a crime of passion will not be stopped if there are no guns. A knife or baseball bat will do just fine so better ban them too.

And you haven't said word one condemning criminals. it was all the legal gun owners fault for providing guns to crooks.

If you want to stop crime, strengthen the family because the lack of a father at home is the biggest common denominator in juvenile crime. It crosses all racial and economic lines.

My family is doing just fine. i don't have the time energy or desire to meddle in anyone else's family. But i will protect mine at all costs

Likewise if you want to stop crime, make the punishment for crimes tougher.

There are no thieves in Saudi Arabia.

And you'd be the first whiner to side with criminals if they were getting their hands lopped off for stealing.

I'll just shoot any bastard that breaks into my house while I'm home. If he tries when I'm not home I'll let my alarm company call the cops and wish him good luck trying to get into my gun locker with the fingerprint scanner; that is if he can find it.

And any crime committed by a criminal using a gun should carry an extremely harsh sentence I'm all for it but don't blame law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals.

Last edited:

hes always been an idiot
lol

Sure.

Anybody who sells alcohol, tobacco, or firearms is taking on some bad karma.

Fuck, let's make alcohol, tobacco, and firearms illegal. Prohibition was a glorious time, especially in Chicago.

Forum List

Back