Common Ground

Is there any?

I think there is.

How's about we discuss that for a change?

There is plenty of common ground and it would not be so difficult to see if we could just get the doggone politicians and their parties out of the way.

As a pro-life individual, I have come to realize that there is a lot of common ground between myself and those who are pro-choice. Neither side wants to see more abortions. The other side, the pro-choice side, simply believe government should keep the hell out of other people's business. As someone who generally prefers less government involvement, I can understand their point there.

Sorry, I'm sure you don't want this to become an abortion thread.

Yes, there is plenty of common ground... unfortunately so many on both sides are blinded by party loyalty to see it.

Immie

There's plenty of common ground between Democrats and Republicans. Both have a shared interest in preventing an outside party/candidate from challenging their monopoly on the political system. Both parties also like to spend a ton of money on wasteful programs (they just differ on where the money goes for the most part).

At the state level.....yes.

At the federal level.....sure...they are all crooks and liars.

Is there any?

I think there is.

There is plenty of common ground and it would not be so difficult to see if we could just get the doggone politicians and their parties out of the way.

As a pro-life individual, I have come to realize that there is a lot of common ground between myself and those who are pro-choice. Neither side wants to see more abortions. The other side, the pro-choice side, simply believe government should keep the hell out of other people's business. As someone who generally prefers less government involvement, I can understand their point there.

Yes, there is plenty of common ground... unfortunately so many on both sides are blinded by party loyalty to see it.

Immie

I don't care if the thread leads to a discussion about abortion.....as long ad we establish that nobody is in favor of increasing the number of abortions.

That would be common ground. Nobody wants more abortions. Common ground.

What a great thought..talking about what we agree on!

I'll start. I believe we need to spend our tax dollars in the best way we can for the good of the nation and cut back waste. I am a fiscal conservative, but moderate in many ways.

Is there any?

I think there is.

Of course there is. But it takes 2 Parties who want to compromise for it to Happen. Neither really wants to it seems.

What did Obama and the Dems do with their Near super Majorities? that's right refused to compromise to much they could not manage to get 1 or 2 Votes from the other side to pass shit. Then they try to say it's all the Republicans fault.

Sorry Obama Care and the stimulus Proved you could get things done if you just gave a little, But they refused to give at all on most issues.

Is there any?

I think there is.

Immie

I don't care if the thread leads to a discussion about abortion.....as long ad we establish that nobody is in favor of increasing the number of abortions.

That would be common ground. Nobody wants more abortions. Common ground.

But that is not true. Lefties want more access to more Abortions and support things like Sex Selection late Term Abortions, and Oppose any Measure that might curtail the Number of Abortions, or Heaven Forbid have the people getting them stop and think for a min before they do.

Where is the Common Ground?

I'll start. I believe we need to spend our tax dollars in the best way we can for the good of the nation and cut back waste. I am a fiscal conservative, but moderate in many ways.

I am very conservative at the federal level.

I don't believe you can pass laws that effectively govern 310,000,000 people. The job of the fed is to defend the borders and make treaties.

Then it gets to the states where I think you can discuss things like health care.

I agree with many of my liberal friends on things at the state and local level. But when they want to take it national, I dig in my heels.

So, are we also talking government context also ?

I am very conservative at the federal level.

I don't believe you can pass laws that effectively govern 310,000,000 people. The job of the fed is to defend the borders and make treaties.

Then it gets to the states where I think you can discuss things like health care.

I agree with many of my liberal friends on things at the state and local level. But when they want to take it national, I dig in my heels.

So, are we also talking government context also ?

All politics and Governance should be LOCAL.

Agreed.

Is there any?

I think there is.

There is. I agree with conservatives who feel the individual mandate is not the right way to approach health care reform. But with the current political climate, and the perimeters of the law that was passed, it was the only way to go.

Is there any?

I think there is.

If you can find something feel free to through it out there for discussion I don't see any both sides are so stuck their my why is the only way mindset common ground is all but impossible.

fuck. that's made for audio.

english is a cruel language

Is there any?

I think there is.

Where is the common ground between Yes/No?

And just in case you failed to notice, there is no "maybe" in that choice range.

Agreed. MOST issues are black and white. I loathe 'grey areas'. Truth is never grey.
The thickness of the grey line is all in how close you push the edge to your eyeball, or what magnification your microscope is at.

Forum List

Back