Commentary: McCain's Latino ad hits target, Obama's misses

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
SAN DIEGO, California (CNN) -- The new offensive in the presidential election is a Spanish-language air war in which each party is trying to convince Latino voters that the other is no amigo to the nation's largest minority and that it did them wrong during the immigration debacle in Congress.

It started last week when the McCain-Palin campaign launched a Spanish ad that, translated, says: "[Barack] Obama and his congressional allies say they are on the side of immigrants. But are they? The press reports their efforts were 'poison pills' that made immigration reform fail. The result: No guest worker program. No path to citizenship. No secure borders. No reform. Is that being on our side? Obama and his congressional allies: Ready to block immigration reform, but not ready to lead."

This week, the Obama-Biden campaign struck back with Spanish radio and TV ads in the heavily-Latino battleground states of Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico. Translated, the TV ad says: "They want us to forget the insults we've put up with, the intolerance. They made us feel marginalized in a country we love so much. John McCain and his Republican friends have two faces. One that lies just to get our vote, and another, even worse, that continues the failed policies of George Bush that put special interests ahead of working families."

Commentary: McCain's Latino ad hits target, Obama's misses - CNN.com

yeah...I thought Obama's ad was wrong....

I am a somewhere in the middle but I cant stand the fact that we have to kiss latino asses. If your not here legally then get the hell out. We dont need extra crime and jobs being taken from American workers and also the fact they are getting paid under the table and dont pay taxes.

Forum List

Back