Commentary: McCain right, Obama wrong on school vouchers

That's what public school Teachers should be doing during the summer to earn their full time salary.

I'm really trying not to blow up on this comment, because I do agree with many things you say...just not this one.

I'll let you throw the first stone about why you have this assinine opinion.

Prolly because since you are a teacher that means you are a commie trying your best to indoctrinate our children to be gay, have numerous abortions, and shove garlic up the tush of anyone that believes in God--and all the while taking away everyone's guns and forcing them to become vegans.

Anyway, that's my guess. But Brian, if you click your heels three times and proclaim, "I love George W. Bush," he might forgive you.

Prolly because since you are a teacher that means you are a commie trying your best to indoctrinate our children to be gay, have numerous abortions, and shove garlic up the tush of anyone that believes in God--and all the while taking away everyone's guns and forcing them to become vegans.

Anyway, that's my guess. But Brian, if you click your heels three times and proclaim, "I love George W. Bush," he might forgive you.

I know I know...It just irritates me when someone who hasn't spent a day in a teacher's shoes can sit there and claim teachers don't earn the crappy-ass salaries they have. Other people get 4-year degrees and earn 50K easy. We need to put WOW in an orange jump suit and have him teach a class of 30 kids all day and see what he thinks about teacher's salaries and two month vacation.

I know I know...It just irritates me when someone who hasn't spent a day in a teacher's shoes can sit there and claim teachers don't earn the crappy-ass salaries they have. Other people get 4-year degrees and earn 50K easy. We need to put WOW in an orange jump suit and have him teach a class of 30 kids all day and see what he thinks about teacher's salaries and two month vacation.

Teachers are disgustingly underpaid. It really sickens me.

Teachers are disgustingly underpaid. It really sickens me.

I agree. It sickens me as well. And people really have no clue. Teachers are certified to teach other human beings skills and knowledge....by far the most important aspect of human life. Without teachers and the education system...our world would not be nearly as advanced as it is now. What happens, is people take a few bad apples, or bad incidents and apply it to the whole education system. I'll admit, the educations system has problems, but until people start realizing the need for more funding and more support, then the problems will not be fixed.

I agree. It sickens me as well. And people really have no clue. Teachers are certified to teach other human beings skills and knowledge....by far the most important aspect of human life. Without teachers and the education system...our world would not be nearly as advanced as it is now. What happens, is people take a few bad apples, or bad incidents and apply it to the whole education system. I'll admit, the educations system has problems, but until people start realizing the need for more funding and more support, then the problems will not be fixed.

Yep, kinda fucked up that teacher, cops, fire fighters, and soldiers just to name a few are paid so little, while sports starts and actors are paid so much eh.

Agreed. Education is investing in the future of America, which is far more important than whatever the fuck else people are worried about. Without proper education, the leaders of tomorrow won't be any more equipped than the leaders of today.

Agreed. Education is investing in the future of America, which is far more important than whatever the fuck else people are worried about. Without proper education, the leaders of tomorrow won't be any more equipped than the leaders of today.

Define proper education.

I agree. It's never been anything but an attempt to privatize the school system.

If that were true, I'd be more inclined to at least consider it. Privatize schools completely and give everyone a voucher to spend where they see fit. I suppose that could work. But taking money away from public schools to subsidize the private education of a select few is just plain wrong.

You went to a public school, didn't you?

What's your point?

I'm trying to figure out the math to your conclusion and question. I post an article in CNN's headlines with no other motive than to post an article for discussion and you conclude I went to public school.

So I may assume that logical reasoning was not taught where you went to school and that jumping to baseless conclusions was?

If that were true, I'd be more inclined to at least consider it. Privatize schools completely and give everyone a voucher to spend where they see fit. I suppose that could work. But taking money away from public schools to subsidize the private education of a select few is just plain wrong.
I used to think that too, give a voucher to everyone and let them use it as they pleased. That was when my kids were in private grade school and I wanted to have my cake and eat it, too.

I'm not so sure now that it would work simply because I can't think of one thing we've privatized that's been a great success.

Forum List

Back