CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Interesting read.

art.penn.jpg

By Penn Jillette
Special to CNN

Editor's note: Penn Jillette -- the larger, louder half of Penn & Teller -- is a magician, comedian, actor, author and producer.

(CNN) -- Everyone I talk to seems to think the president of the United States right now is stupid.

The Bush presidency is stupid speeches, stupid high gas prices, stupid bad economy, stupid war on terrorism, stupid war on drugs, stupid hurricane fixing, stupid global warming, stupid war -- stupid, stupid, stupid.

They all seem to think we need to get a smarter guy in the White House fast, and Bush is so stupid, that task shouldn't be too hard.

Not me.

I'd like to say that I believe every president in United States history, including the stupid one we have now, is smarter than me. My alma mater is Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Greatest Show on Earth Clown College, so I'm damning with faint praise, but I'm stupider than this here stupid president.

Maybe I'm less stupider than Bush than I'm stupider than Jefferson. But I'm stupider than all the stupid in both of them put together.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/jillette.presidency/index.html

I love Penn Gillette but he's never been able to defend libertarianism to my satisfaction.

I love Penn Gillette but he's never been able to defend libertarianism to my satisfaction.

That's because he essentially a comedian. He isn't a political advocate. If he truly wanted to, he is sharp enough to do so.

That's because he essentially a comedian. He isn't a political advocate. If he truly wanted to, he is sharp enough to do so.

hopefully he is also sharp enough to stay out of it-----there were times tonight I wanted to say NO SARAH NO-----DC WILL RUIN YOU ! :lol:

Having heard Penn opine on issues of society and government, I do not doubt he's dumber than Bush.

Good magician, though.

Forum List

Back