Commencing The Indian Summer Stimulus (Via The States)

Discussion in 'Economy' started by mascale, Aug 28, 2010.

  1. mascale
    Offline

    mascale VIP Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Messages:
    4,035
    Thanks Received:
    210
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Ratings:
    +453
    So the funding of new Stimulus projects--currently now in the bidding process--is increasingly more likely to start, any day now. For one thing, the federal government passed an additional small stimulus--thanks to only two Republicans, anywhere--to bail out the people who caused it all, (State and local government employees, subject to fixed percentage pay raises, and teachers subject to the same systemic flaw, at 7.0 mil. people assuring that the same systemic flaw will continue).

    "The Changing Composition of Recovery Act Stimulus" (Council of Economic Advisers Excerp)t"

    "Congress designed the Recovery Act both to begin spending out quickly and to provide crucial support to the economy over a two-year period. It has met and is continuing to meet these goals. The state fiscal relief, payments to seniors, and the emergency unemployment insurance benefits went out almost immediately, and started aiding the economy in the spring and summer of 2009. The tax cuts also went into effect immediately, but it has been during tax season (the first two quarters of this year) that many Americans have seen concrete signs in the form of reduced tax payments and increased tax refunds. In previous CEA Recovery Act reports, we have highlighted the state fiscal relief and the tax cuts and income support provisions of the Act, and found evidence of their effectiveness."

    ". . . .The Recovery Act includes $319 billion of public investment on everything from basic infrastructure such as roads and bridges to twenty-first century infrastructure such as a smarter electrical grid and universal broadband. It invests in community health centers, health information technology, education, and job training to improve the health and skills of our citizens -- our human capital. . . ."

    "The public investment components of the Recovery Act were always expected to spend out more gradually, because they typically require planning and are often awarded through a rigorous competitive process. But as of the end of June, roughly two-thirds of the public investment funds included in the Act had been obligated, and more than $86 billion had been outlayed. Public investment outlays increased by more than 50 percent between the first and second quarters of this year, which explains why the Vice-President has named this summer the “Summer of Recovery.” As the other stimulus in the Recovery Act gradually winds down over the next few quarters, the public investments will continue at a rapid pace, providing continued support to the economy."

    Mostly, even the summer money is only upwards of 45% spent, leaving 55% yet to happen, in pretty much a likely few weeks.

    The Stimulus Isn't Over, Yet! Soon it may even get under way(?)!

    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...o-heat-up-across-all-50-states-100874209.html

    "Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (Soon many squaws come, with funny, shiny, round trinkets: For Many Nations!)
     
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Neubarth
    Offline

    Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2008
    Messages:
    3,751
    Thanks Received:
    199
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    South Pacific
    Ratings:
    +199
    Let's just hope and pray that good can come from this. So far I have not seen any.
     
  3. mascale
    Offline

    mascale VIP Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Messages:
    4,035
    Thanks Received:
    210
    Trophy Points:
    85
    Ratings:
    +453
    State of Washington has started, a big project, getting money for it, with two completed and others.

    WSDOT - Stimulus Newsletter August 25 2010

    Generally, the Democrats should be contacting commentators with the news!

    "Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (People know when smoke signals happen. White Eyes funny marks on Great-Screen-Of-Captured-Spirits: Means that nobody knows anything, anymore!)
     

Share This Page