Commandments For Politically Incorrect Living

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth

<li>Thou shalt have no nation before The United States of America.
<li>Thou shalt always say "Under God" when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
<li>Honor thy Bush and thy Cheney.
<li>Thou shalt not blaspheme against Microsoft or Haliburton.
<li>Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Corvette
<li>Thou shalt use every tax loophole in existence, and hoard thy money.
<li>Thou shalt not buy an electric car, for it is uncool.
<li>Thou shalt not oppose drilling for domestic oil.
<li>Thou shalt not try to "understand" weird people.
<li>Thou shalt not have a sex-change.
<li>Thou shalt not trust any man who weareth a diaper upon his head
<li>Thou shalt not suffer a Chihuahua to live.
<li>Thou shalt not use recycled toilet paper.
<li>Thou shalt not worship the false gods of Global Warming, Zero Body Fat, or Animal Rights.
<li>Thou shalt support our troops and their Commander in Chief.
<li>Thou shalt be proficient in the use of a handgun.
<li>Thou shalt not sue thy doctor over a hangnail.
<li>Thou shalt not eat "veggie burgers," for they art unclean.
<li>Thou shalt not atone for the alleged sins of thy forefathers.
<li>Thou shalt speakest only English while on hallowed American soil.
<li>Thou shalt spank thy children when they screweth up.
<li>Thou shalt spell-check thine e-mails and instant messages.

-Cp said:

<li>Thou shalt have no nation before The United States of America.
<li>Thou shalt always say "Under God" when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
<li>Honor thy Bush and thy Cheney.
<li>Thou shalt not blaspheme against Microsoft or Haliburton.
<li>Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Corvette
<li>Thou shalt use every tax loophole in existence, and hoard thy money.
<li>Thou shalt not buy an electric car, for it is uncool.
<li>Thou shalt not oppose drilling for domestic oil.
<li>Thou shalt not try to "understand" weird people.
<li>Thou shalt not have a sex-change.
<li>Thou shalt not trust any man who weareth a diaper upon his head
<li>Thou shalt not suffer a Chihuahua to live.
<li>Thou shalt not use recycled toilet paper.
<li>Thou shalt not worship the false gods of Global Warming, Zero Body Fat, or Animal Rights.
<li>Thou shalt support our troops and their Commander in Chief.
<li>Thou shalt be proficient in the use of a handgun.
<li>Thou shalt not sue thy doctor over a hangnail.
<li>Thou shalt not eat "veggie burgers," for they art unclean.
<li>Thou shalt not atone for the alleged sins of thy forefathers.
<li>Thou shalt speakest only English while on hallowed American soil.
<li>Thou shalt spank thy children when they screweth up.
<li>Thou shalt spell-check thine e-mails and instant messages.

That bolded one goes a bit too far. My hatred of Microsoft started as a result of inferior product that people pretend is good. They say how user-friendly Microsoft products are, but:
-they crash at least 10x more often that similar programs from different manufacturers
-they usually take up 1.5x or more additional space on the hard drive
-error messages and options are either misleading or incomprehensible to those who are not HIGHLY computer saavy
-I'd change, but until very recently, Microsoft has threatened to pull liscences from computer manufacturers and software companies that used different platforms, leaving a considerable lack of alternatives
-Internet Explorer is probably the most poorly made web browser in the world. In addition to all of the above problems, it was, until threat of lawsuit, incapable of working with non-Microsoft perpherals, such as java applets, and is still completely integrated into Windows, meaning you can't free up the 100+ MB of space it takes up
-Microsoft programs are plagued with security issues, make them the single largest cause of identity thefts other than the internet and the theives themselves. These security issues are rarely addressed until they are exploited on a grand scale.
-The function of 25-50% of the total source code for Windows is unknown, since the programmers have been fired and the code is so poorly written, labeled, and inefficient, that it would cost Microsoft more to untangle it than to start from scratch. Since they're unethical and take no pride in their work, they simply left the code in there, fearing its removal would cause Windows to cease functioning. Most security issues, bugs, and other shortcomings come from this code.

In addition to that, Microsoft has yet to make anything that can be considered an innovation. A website once sponsored a contest that would award $1000 to the first person to find a Microsoft innovation. This was over 5 years ago. The prize has yet to be awarded.

Anybody who knows anything about computers curses the very land it works on and would sooner shoot Bill Gates than give him the time of day. It's a vile company whose monopolistic practices are the only thing that allows them to make more than minimal sales of their grossly substandard product.

Other than that, I agree with the above post.

Hobbit said:
That bolded one goes a bit too far. My hatred of Microsoft started as a result of inferior product that people pretend is good. They say how user-friendly Microsoft products are, but:
-they crash at least 10x more often that similar programs from different manufacturers
-error messages and options are either misleading or incomprehensible to those who are not HIGHLY computer saavy
-I'd change, but until very recently, Microsoft has threatened to pull liscences from computer manufacturers and software companies that used different platforms, leaving a considerable lack of alternatives
-Internet Explorer is probably the most poorly made web browser in the world. In addition to all of the above problems, it was, until threat of lawsuit, incapable of working with non-Microsoft perpherals, such as java applets, and is still completely integrated into Windows, meaning you can't free up the 100+ MB of space it takes up
-Microsoft programs are plagued with security issues, make them the single largest cause of identity thefts other than the internet and the theives themselves. These security issues are rarely addressed until they are exploited on a grand scale.
-The function of 25-50% of the total source code for Windows is unknown, since the programmers have been fired and the code is so poorly written, labeled, and inefficient, that it would cost Microsoft more to untangle it than to start from scratch. Since they're unethical and take no pride in their work, they simply left the code in there, fearing its removal would cause Windows to cease functioning. Most security issues, bugs, and other shortcomings come from this code.

In addition to that, Microsoft has yet to make anything that can be considered an innovation. A website once sponsored a contest that would award $1000 to the first person to find a Microsoft innovation. This was over 5 years ago. The prize has yet to be awarded.

Anybody who knows anything about computers curses the very land it works on and would sooner shoot Bill Gates than give him the time of day. It's a vile company whose monopolistic practices are the only thing that allows them to make more than minimal sales of their grossly substandard product.

How do you REALLY feel? :mm:

Hobbit said:

Really? I guess I don't know anything about Computers then, because I love Microsoft.... nevermind the fact that I make my living working with PC's, hardware and software....

What you fail to acknowledge is that if it was NOT for Microsoft, the PC wouldn't be as pimp as it is today...

It's always easy to pick on the "biggest target".....

-Cp said:
Really? I guess I don't know anything about Computers then, because I love Microsoft.... nevermind the fact that I make my living working with PC's, hardware and software....

What you fail to acknowledge is that if it was NOT for Microsoft, the PC wouldn't be as pimp as it is today...

It's always easy to pick on the "biggest target".....

Oh, c'mon.. Even *I* know Microsoft is shit, and I'm just a dumb girl. :)

Shattered said:
Oh, c'mon.. Even *I* know Microsoft is shit, and I'm just a dumb girl. :)

Yeah? What is so "shit" about it?

Can you name a better Operating System for the masses?

-Cp said:
Yeah? What is so "shit" about it?

Can you name a better Operating System for the masses?

Just because it's all we have that's good enough for the "masses", doesn't mean it's not shit. Two words:

Learn Linux.

Shattered said:
Just because it's all we have that's good enough for the "masses", doesn't mean it's not shit. Two words:

Learn Linux.

I'm not gonna continue proving to you why MS Rules' desktop - this thread has been derailed enough as it is...:D

-Cp said:
I'm not gonna continue proving to you why MS Rules' desktop - this thread has been derailed enough as it is...:D

Lemme give you an example. My dad's office used an NT server for years because it's what they had. The tech department hated it because it caused them major headaches. The server had to be taken down for at least 4 hours once every two weeks due to stability problems. The server was full of bugs and never really worked right at all. The techies kept begging to switch the server to Linux, because it's much better and better yet, it's free, but the bosses were wary of changing the system. One day, they caved and let the techies switch to Linux. The server has been running for 7 years solid. The only time it's been shut down during that time is for hardware upgrades and replacements. I have to keep my skills sharp as a tack just to keep my own Windows machine running. That's why I do all my homework in Linux.

Macintosh is also a superior operating system with its major flaw being that it can't run on Intel chipset processors.

Windows simply blows. In fact, Windows was just a GUI for DOS until ME, which was quite possibly the least stable OS ever made.

Hobbit said:

Too bad the Unix elitists liked to keep things cryptic and text based, disdaining guis as being for the weak. They could have done something great.

The old saying that "ignorance is bliss" must be true. I had to laugh at all the above post because I don't have the foggiest idea what is being said about what. I think it is about computers though. I especially didn't understand the Linux part.

Forum List

Back