Comm. on Civil Rights- DOJ hid involvement of political appointees in NBPP case

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, whether you believe seeing through the new black panther case was warranted or not, aside from that, apparently (contrary to DOJ's previous claims that they had let the professionals , i.e. career employees handle it), decisions by and involvement of political appointees took place.

By Jerry Markon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, October 29, 2010; 11:55 AM

snip-

The draft of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights report says that Justice tried to hide the extensive involvement of high-level political officials in the dismissal of the suit against members of the New Black Panther Party. The move, the report says, indicates that Justice's Civil Rights Division is failing to protect white voters and is "at war with its core mission of guaranteeing equal protection (under) the laws for all Americans.''

The Justice Department has tried to hide the involvement of high-level political officials in the dismissal of a controversial voter-intimidation lawsuit against members of the New Black Panther Party, a federal commission concluded in a draft report.

The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights said the department’s reversal in the case, which drew criticism from conservatives, indicates that its Civil Rights Division is failing to protect white voters and is “at war with its core mission of guaranteeing equal protection of the laws for all Americans.”

The Justice Department strongly denied the allegations in the report based on the commission’s year-long investigation into the Obama administration’s handling of the 2008 case. The Bush administration had filed a voter-intimidation lawsuit against members of the New Black Panther Party in Philadelphia who were videotaped outside a polling place, one carrying a nightstick. The Obama Justice Department dismissed most of the case.

The commission’s draft report said the department’s “repeated attempts to obscure” the involvement of political appointees in the dismissal “raise questions about what the Department is trying to hide. ”

concludes-

Civil rights panel postpones vote on New Black Panthers report after member walks out

and here-

Black Panther case reveals schism

Last edited:
Kudos to the Commission... they have stood firm on this. The Department of Justice should be named "The Department of Justice for Blacks But Nobody Else". Not as catchy, but true.

yes well you can see how concerned the media is over the DOJ lying to congressman etc. whom asked them what they were doing, or not. I cannot wait for the likes of the Times to fold....I will party my ass off that day, seriously.

You also notice how this fell off the radar....or the rangel waters ethics charges? Or Feinstiens husband making money off her connections via senatorial outreach...etc etc etc ...

Forum List

Back