Coming to America soon. Very Soon.

Yes, I suppose all those Governmental agencies that liberals love so much clearly listed at the bottom of each chart are cooking the books.

The reason I don't grant the legitimacy of the data (as presented by Heritage.org) is because I haven't studied the polling methodology or any of the other methods used by US Dept. of Energy under the Bush administration (2001, 2005) to collect the relevant information.

As for the more up-to-date pie chart on housing:

And with a 40% home ownership rate, a 40% renters rate, and an 18% subsidized housing rate among the "poor" who can afford anything but the bare necessities?

Yes, believe it or not, it's often cheaper to buy than it is to rent, especially in neighborhoods nobody really wants to live in -- so, big fucking whoop.

So, let me see if I'm picking up what you're putting down: you seem to be suggesting, that since many poor Americans have a roofs over their heads, TV's, VCR's, DVD players, video game systems, ETC. (never mind the fact that much of that stuff is dirt cheap second-hand), we should therefore undercut social programs to ensure that poor Americans live in abject poverty?

If they have anything more than a roof and chow, they are receiving too much public assistance. All the other crap you list...if they can afford that, they can damned well pay for their own food and shelter. Why should I give a damn about priorities when they obviously don't. I pay for housing and food, they get to buy whatever other shit they want...I don't think so.

It's legal vote buying fraud / theft by design

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqLrvwplCiY]Good Intentions Gone Awry: Welfare Abuse Rampant - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhFgyl589w]Ohio Medicaid Russian Drug Smuggling Investigation - YouTube[/ame]

No, the point was that there is no poverty in the United States.[...]

Not that I agree, but my point was that you (and many conservatives) won't be happy until there is (even by your own narrow standards)...

I keep my arguments narrow.

It suits you. Your mind, I mean.

I suppose you never went to college or a school where you were required to write an argumentative paper or engage in a public debate? Perhaps then you would realize the virtue of narrowness? If you did, however, get your money back, you were cheated. Nevertheless, poverty should not be comfortable.

Last edited:
Haunting pictures show desperate struggle to survive in last days of USSR

1 January 2013

Hard times: Eighteen-year-old prostitute Katya scours the street for work as a police car drives past in Moscow in 1991 shortly before the collapse of the USSR

These shocking pictures may look like something out of the Great Depression - but in fact they show life in the last years of the Soviet Union, less than three decades ago.

Shop shelves were often bare, it was normal to have to join a long queue if you wanted to buy groceries and many of the people looked ground down after a century of desperate poverty.

The dismal state of the USSR's economy, during a time of rapidly improving living standards in the West, was a result of its dogmatic Communist political system, which stifled free enterprise and stopped the country moving on from its feudal past.

As these images show, by the 1980s that system was close to collapse, as Mikhail Gorbachev's liberalising reforms did little more than open the door to ever louder clamours for change - and on Boxing Day 1991, just a few years after these photos were taken, the Soviet Union was finally dissolved.

Read more:
Last pictures of life behind the iron curtain before the collapse of USSR | Mail Online

Get a grip Nostradamus... This isn't the USSR. We will never face anything like what the Russians went through. For the most part when things get crazy we work together to fix the problem. The Russians are a beat down society purged of all of their intellectuals and detractors within their country. We have encouraged our brightest and that is our edge... innovation.

Nostradamus I'm not. I totally agree that this is not the USSR. However, all that I see coming from this Marxist puppet we call president is the same thing that happened in Russia. You cannot spend more than you make. That goes for households as well as gov't. In the end someone is going to pay and it's not the politicians that put us in that position. They will retire to their Dachas in Hawaii, Camyan Islands, or Miami while the rest of us are slaving to pay the debts our gov't placed upon us.

Shrub spent the money and you want this MB to believe Obama actually putting the debt on the books is the problem...I get it... Hail to the the moron that put us in debt and blame the accountant that documented it. Whatever. You guys are insane.

Haunting pictures show desperate struggle to survive in last days of USSR

1 January 2013

Hard times: Eighteen-year-old prostitute Katya scours the street for work as a police car drives past in Moscow in 1991 shortly before the collapse of the USSR

These shocking pictures may look like something out of the Great Depression - but in fact they show life in the last years of the Soviet Union, less than three decades ago.

Shop shelves were often bare, it was normal to have to join a long queue if you wanted to buy groceries and many of the people looked ground down after a century of desperate poverty.

The dismal state of the USSR's economy, during a time of rapidly improving living standards in the West, was a result of its dogmatic Communist political system, which stifled free enterprise and stopped the country moving on from its feudal past.

As these images show, by the 1980s that system was close to collapse, as Mikhail Gorbachev's liberalising reforms did little more than open the door to ever louder clamours for change - and on Boxing Day 1991, just a few years after these photos were taken, the Soviet Union was finally dissolved.

Read more:
Last pictures of life behind the iron curtain before the collapse of USSR | Mail Online

Get a grip Nostradamus... This isn't the USSR. We will never face anything like what the Russians went through. For the most part when things get crazy we work together to fix the problem. The Russians are a beat down society purged of all of their intellectuals and detractors within their country. We have encouraged our brightest and that is our edge... innovation.

Nostradamus I'm not. I totally agree that this is not the USSR. However, all that I see coming from this Marxist puppet we call president is the same thing that happened in Russia. You cannot spend more than you make. That goes for households as well as gov't. In the end someone is going to pay and it's not the politicians that put us in that position. They will retire to their Dachas in Hawaii, Camyan Islands, or Miami while the rest of us are slaving to pay the debts our gov't placed upon us.

Prophecies coming from someone who compares the elected President of the United States a Marxist puppet simular to what the USSR had?

LOL.:lol:

Forum List

Back