Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
------
Filmmaker finds positive in suicide bombers
'There is enormous human depth in these kinds of people'

Posted: November 3, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The man behind a new documentary on suicide bombers opening in San Francisco next week said he found "enormous human depth" within them.

Hany Abu-Assad, who describes himself as a Palestinian, says when he set out to research suicide bombers in the West Bank, he imagined them as heartless monsters.

"Like anybody else," director of "Paradise Now" said in an interview with the San Jose Mercury News, "I thought they had been brainwashed."

No longer.

"When you do research, you discover two things,'' he says. "You are shocked that there is enormous human depth in these kinds of people. They may make the wrong decision, but there is humanity in their thoughts. And secondly, you are in shock that you were so ignorant. It is obvious that they are human beings! How could I think that they weren't human beings, that they were monsters?''

Putting a human face was "not the goal of his movie, explains Abu-Assad, "it is the starting point."

Abu-Assad blames Israeli occupation for the bombings.

"I just want people to be able to see it from the other side,'' he says. "I don't want to push the other side. In all heavy occupations, there have been suicide bombings. In Sri Lanka, in Korea, Japan. People do it because they can't stand the daily humiliation of the occupation, because they feel so weak that they can't do anything about it. They want to change this weakness to enormous power.''

The movie has been purchased by Warner Independent Pictures for exclusive distribution rights in the U.S.

He is telling us we're ignorant for not understanding these people, who maime and kill innocent men, womern and children.. :nine:

Why doesn't this moron go strap himself up with the next suicide bomber then, so he can REALLY know them, and experience what they go through.

Stephanie said:
------
Filmmaker finds positive in suicide bombers
'There is enormous human depth in these kinds of people'

Posted: November 3, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The man behind a new documentary on suicide bombers opening in San Francisco next week said he found "enormous human depth" within them.

Hany Abu-Assad, who describes himself as a Palestinian, says when he set out to research suicide bombers in the West Bank, he imagined them as heartless monsters.

"Like anybody else," director of "Paradise Now" said in an interview with the San Jose Mercury News, "I thought they had been brainwashed."

No longer.

"When you do research, you discover two things,'' he says. "You are shocked that there is enormous human depth in these kinds of people. They may make the wrong decision, but there is humanity in their thoughts. And secondly, you are in shock that you were so ignorant. It is obvious that they are human beings! How could I think that they weren't human beings, that they were monsters?''

Putting a human face was "not the goal of his movie, explains Abu-Assad, "it is the starting point."

Abu-Assad blames Israeli occupation for the bombings.

"I just want people to be able to see it from the other side,'' he says. "I don't want to push the other side. In all heavy occupations, there have been suicide bombings. In Sri Lanka, in Korea, Japan. People do it because they can't stand the daily humiliation of the occupation, because they feel so weak that they can't do anything about it. They want to change this weakness to enormous power.''

The movie has been purchased by Warner Independent Pictures for exclusive distribution rights in the U.S.

He is telling us we're ignorant for not understanding these people, who maime and kill innocent men, womern and children.. :nine:

May I suggest a movie that is less nauseating... perhaps a documentary on tape worms?

Stephanie said:
just wait... sensitivity classes on this subject will be coming

Forum List

Back